Forbidden technology

King Phaedron

Warlord
These would be secret technologies you can research. You must build a campus during the era for one to be available they are era specific.

They are also erased when entering the industrial era although later ones could be available. This is based on the elimination of free energy and other Tartarian tech during the Renaissance and 1700s.

Many of us, with exception to certain civs or science victory, don't really build campuses. It's usually better to settle and conquer more. So this is an idea to add some incentives for building them. So if you wanted to research s medieval forbidden science you would need the build a campus during the medieval era.

As to what they actually are I need more minds to contribute.

Classical:

Crash riding or something. The idea is for riders to know yo fall properly as well as some armor pads and training for animals.

Effect: receive a randomly wounded melee unit whenever a mounted unit is defeated in battle. So the horsemen would spawn you a warrior a knight would spawn you a swordsmen etc.

Medieval;

Cymatics: build a cathedral with pipe organs. Not sure about the actual effect but they conducted sound.

Renaissance

Global energy network. All the wonders cathedrals and other buildings in the world conduct tesla style free energy giving all cities +2 production and something else maybe culture.

Sorry I'm making this thread because I'm bored stuck waiting for a ride.

Last edited:
I like the ideas

Cemeteries where built in europe in the medieval era, with walls, to get also some protection from plague and other pestilences.
In Asia they burned down corps, getting a healthier environment.
Many other clay-pot cultures used to mummify their deads.

A mummify tech would be forbidden tech already in classical europe.

We never had cemeteries in civ but that's another point.

Top Bottom