Foreign Policy: The CivPlayers League

When we are strongly aiming for a long lasting alliance it is best to be as honest and open as possible. I like 2metra's second message. I'd say that's what we want to send. Subtlety and hinting at your true intentions are good if you have enough time to slowly build up mutual understanding. Or if you are not quite sure yet if you want to ally with a team you can try to prod them with carefully formed messages and then decide based on responses. With CP we know what we want and that is to ally with them. Thus, it is best to let them know it as soon as we meet them. Also, we want to know their stance as soon as possible since the direction of our strategy depends on their response.

I am with Sommer and 2metra on this. I think we should state our intentions without room for misinterpretations, but also without making them think we are desperate. 2metraninja's last draft does that very nicely in my opinion.

I am going to play our turn in 2 hours maybe and we need to send a message shortly after.

Yeah, we need to send a message immediately upon meeting CP. Sounds like 2metraninja's second draft has the most support, so let's get that one. I'll keep an eye on CivStats and send that message off once I see that the turn has been played.

I am on board with 2metraninja's latest version. I added the following grammar points in bold and eliminated some things in strikethrough. My only changes are grammar suggestions, and I am now officially behind this draft as well. I think we should get this out in the next few hours. So now is the time to suggest final changes.

Greetings CivPlayers,

Our team has have been seeking to find your nation for a long time and we are glad that we have finally met. We are looking to build strategic alliances now that will last long into the game and your team is the team we would most prefer to work with, due to the respect we have for the players on your team and our respective map positions. We are located on the other side of the score leader Realms Beyond, directly to their East.

In the spirit of cooperation we would like to share what we've learned of our world with you. We have met Realms Beyond, Civforum.de, WePlayCiv, UniversCiv, and Spanish Apolyton. Civforum.de and WePlayCiv are both North and UniversCiv is to the Northeast of RB and to the North of us. Spanish Apolyton are to our East. We have heard of other civilizations locations, but we have not met them yet.

Eagerly awaiting to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
SilentConfusion and Team CivFanatics

Excellent. The above message with SilentConfusion's revisions has been saved in the Drafts folder of our team email account. As soon as the turn is played and contact is made, the first person who can get to it should go ahead and send it. The only thing missing is a witty subject line.

I removed the "S" from "alliances" with a purpose. My idea was to tell them we look at them as exclusive partner. Which is the Holy truth. Who we can call our strategic partner? Spaniards? They are OK guys, but are weak and we cant rely on them. Uciv? Those are the most hated in the team (from few days RB compete in that well too :) ). WPC would have been great ally if they were not so behind and so devoted to fighting the Germans. RB we see as our biggest rival and from few turns as sly crafty bunch, so no, they dont fit in here. There are 8 other teams in the game and we have already met 5 of them and we dont see our strategic partner in any of them. I think its time to talk straight and not being flexible. Lets tell them we look for 1 strategic ally. Them.

Does anyone know how to say "Hail" in Aztec?
:) Interesting idea. But I doubt they will know what that means LOL. I can however tell you how "Hi, whats up" is in Romanian and Russian. This will work better maybe. But as international team, we might want to just congratulate them in English.

Yeah, I agree that they'll have no idea what we're on if we start talking to them in Nahuatl (indigenous Aztec language). But just for the fun of it, Hello translates most commonly to "Niltze".

Probably something simple like "Greetings from Team CFC" is best. This is what we used for WPC.

Alright, our turn was played so I went ahead and sent the message. "Greetings from Team CFC" was the boring subject line, and I changed "We are looking to build strategic alliances" to "We are looking to build a strategic alliance".

I have some friends at work who speak Russian and one who also speaks Romanian... I might be able to get them to do an occasional translation for us (I would loose massive cool points at work though- "wait, you are a grown man and you still play video games?" :lol: )

I have some friends at work who speak Russian and one who also speaks Romanian... I might be able to get them to do an occasional translation for us (I would loose massive cool points at work though- "wait, you are a grown man and you still play video games?" :lol: )

LOL good one :D

I have one half-russian colleague who can translate anything for us. And I dont even have to worry for someone asking questions at me about games at the office since I'm their boss :king: Yet I know what you are talking about. I've seen the look people throw at me if I talk on the phone on the street and I say things such as "I will attack and slaughter them all tonight" :lol:

After all, we dont stop playing, because we get old, it is that we get old just when we stop playing games.

I removed the "S" from "alliances" with a purpose.
:goodjob: Thank goodness for that!:clap: I was just reading and thinking the same that it must be changed to "a strategic alliance" and worrying "Oh No! I hope they did not send it yet!"

Good job General:D... And great job SilCon getting the draft posted quickly so we could edit it... Great job everyone. Now we wait for their inevitable favorable reply.

Greetings CFC!

We were thinking exactly the same as you! Death to RB! We will have 25 unit stack of Axes, HAs and Catapults ready in 30 turns. When do you want to attack?

Team CPL
:)
After all, we dont stop playing, because we get old, it is that we get old just when we stop playing games.
:agree::old::scared::badcomp:

CP has replied:

Greetings CFC,

I apologize for delayed reply. Our team is far from being crowded so sometimes it is hard to manage everything. Thats is also why we appreciate direct proposals like yours. I hope we will find the best way to cooperate soon up to building strong alliance.

Our neighbour at the other side is Civfr, about other civs we dont have more information than you have said.

Our foreign minister is Decebal, I include him to this conversation. All questions can be discussed with him also.

Best wishes,
CivPlayers Team

Ok, this is a good first step! They said they liked direct proposals too so how bout we offer one?

:) I think we were actually quite direct in our initial proposal proposing them strategic partnership and alliance against RB and this is what they liked.

Also, those players know when it is time for something and when it must wait. They know right now there is no point of taking actions against RB. We will play our games each and when it is time we will act together. You are right about us wanting to send specific proposal though. We may use the initial inertia and the good impression we did when speaking direct about our desires and intentions.

Can we get OB with them so we can send our Chariot through to meet CivFr? This would be really great for demo-hacking (let's us see more city centers) and also for the diplomats (gets us more contacts). There won't be much for Ambassador SC to do except double back into RB borders if we can't get OB with CP.

Top Bottom