Fox-04 -- The Prime Directive

was just about to post that too!

You nerds, I don't speak alien. And it's grAy here in the free world, where we don't kneel to some puffed up monarch.

just because your founding fathers decided to really cut themselves off from the british by dropping 'u' and changing most 's' to 'z' (and what is it with ZEE instead of ZED?) is no reason to ...

Oh well, a space loss. Did we lose our way a bit somewhere? Good game all and I particularly liked the story telling. It is a pity that we couldn't actually edit the civ names to their proper names ... and characters!

I would claim this as a points victory - we did jump in front of Lizzie ... actually, we dragged her down below us!

You can change all of the leader and nationality names by editing a worldbuilder save.

...SPLITTER!

yeah, but you have to do that right off the bat ... because if you start from a worldbuilder save, it starts just like a NEW GAME with things like GPPs reset, culture levels, etc reset.

But good to know for next time. Maybe we can play a game where each civ is a billionaire (bill gates, sultan of someplace, donald trump, etc).

Hmmm. I'll have to have a look at my Civ4 install. My system showed that Lizzy had not yet researched those last two techs. Even the final save shows the same. :confused:

Yet if I go into WB it shows Lizzy building the engine & stasis modules. BTW I think the idea of destroying a city was correct. Unfortunately it needed to be either Nottingham or York. :( :mad:

ruff_hi said:
Maybe we can play a game where each civ is a billionaire (bill gates, sultan of someplace, donald trump, etc).

I always wanted to make the Uncivilization mod. Play against Ted Turner, Jeb Bush, Jerry Jones, and all sorts of rednecks. Have world wonders like Walmart, Nascar, etc. Instead of religions, we'd have beers. *bong* Natural Light was just founded in an unknown land.

Yet if I go into WB it shows Lizzy building the engine & stasis modules. BTW I think the idea of destroying a city was correct. Unfortunately it needed to be either Nottingham or York

You're right Sam I wondered about that too. My dilemma was knowing where she was building the most important part. I was thinking about getting some spies to find out beforehand but I realized that it was just too late to do anything but kind of guess where she was building those parts. I was hoping it was London but like you say it wasn't being built there. Did we build Scotland Yard??

In addition I thought and am mistaken that taking out the capital would dissolve the spaceship but that must be civ 3.

I *think* you can take out the city where they built Apollo and cease all new construction. Additionally, any city you take where a part was completed forces the enemy to rebuild that part. Or maybe I'm thinking C3 as well.

That's interesting about Apollo and wonder if that is the way to dissolve the spaceship. I still needed spies to locate where it was built or can you see the national wonders civs build by looking at the buildings or where the other wonders are listed. We could have done something with spies and I don't think we built scotland yard. They are great for screwing up the AI by taking out necessary resources and sabotaging the part (although not always successful). We might have been able to do something more effectively with spies. Although I do not like to use hindsight since it is pointless but that might have helped tactically without having going to war until absolute necessary. My plan was more directed in thinking razing the capitol would have dissolved the spaceship.

Greyfox why don't you start another with the same theme but different land mass. Personally I didn't find that map overly enjoyable however I did enjoy the game too with the roleplaying and storytelling. I do like naval campaigns but the lack of production on that map was a hinderence. That Lizzy too really got ahead fast which is probably due to the philosophical trait.

Cosmichail said:
You're right Sam I wondered about that too. My dilemma was knowing where she was building the most important part. I was thinking about getting some spies to find out beforehand but I realized that it was just too late to do anything but kind of guess where she was building those parts. I was hoping it was London but like you say it wasn't being built there. Did we build Scotland Yard??

In addition I thought and am mistaken that taking out the capital would dissolve the spaceship but that must be civ 3.

Oh I'm pleased that I was not only one seeing that misleading tech trade screen.

Cosmichail said:
Greyfox why don't you start another with the same theme but different land mass.

That might be interesting. However I think that we would have to look at how we implement the prime directive at least in the early game. Perhaps we should have a rather more liberal interpretation in the early game.

Top Bottom