1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Free building upon civic completion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by sclera, Nov 8, 2017.

1. sclera

sclera Chieftain

I'm making a custom civ whose bonus requires a unique building (the bonus is related to city proximity to the capital). However, the building cannot be constructable by the player, and I need it to be built instantly in the capital as soon as the player has finished researching a civic (say political philosophy now, although that is subject to change).

Does anyone know if this is possible? I've tried a few things, including using the modifiers that certain great people have, creating my own modifier, looking at Persia's code for reference (they get a free trade route at PolPhil so all that Requirement stuff was useful to read).

2. sclera

sclera Chieftain

Welp, I did it. For anyone trying to achieve a similar thing, there's a table called CivicModifiers. You can create a modifier, then add it to the CivicModifiers table and link it with the civic you want like this:

Code:
    <CivicModifiers>
            <Row>
                <CivicType>CIVIC_CODE_OF_LAWS</CivicType>
                <ModifierId>MODIFIER_RL_GRANT_MAYAPALACE_AT_POL</ModifierId>
            </Row>
    </CivicModifiers>
    As long as the modifier itself grants a building that is linked to your civilization's trait, then it won't automatically get built by other civs.

If anyone has any questions about how I did this just ask and I'll try to answer, although I should say that I'm still very much in the learning process.

racha likes this.