1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by EmperorFool, Jan 19, 2009.

1. enKage

enKage Follower of Zoamelgustar

System WinXP SP3

BtS Patched to 3.19

Buffy 003 in Mod directory and BAT 4.1 also in Mod directory, they work correctly.

The problems occur when I install BUG 4.4 into CustomAssets folder.
    A
    It doent work (no bug icons and shortcuts for option) .
    B
    and it breaks all other mods (BAT, BUFFY, MoM...) After BUG installation while using Buffy/Bat/MoM I can load the very first game after strating civ or start a very first new game and play w/o problems. The problem is when i try to load another game or quit to main menu and start another new game - I experience CTD without any error message.
    So in practice I am forced to load new game by quiting civ to desktop and starting again.

PS
    BUG into Mod folder = no problems
    BUG into CA folder = problems

But I need it in CA for posting SG on board

2. NobleZarkon

NobleZarkon Civ IV HoF Prince EQM Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

The link to the FAQ jiust takes you to a main page - where can I find the FAQ?

3. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

This might be asked already but Ive been wondering how do i get buffy working on the steam version of civ iv with windows 8.1? been getting this message everytime i load it the game runs with the mod but then when i try and load a save it crashes
    Spoiler :

4. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Not into your drama

AFAIK, the FAQ page has been deleted or destroyed. I can't find it either.

You might want to ask this one in the HOF forums. I know they have workarounds for Vista and Win 7. They probably have some advice for getting it running on Win 8. Have you tried running the game as Administrator?

5. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Is it possible to get BUFFY working in Linux?

Think everything is set up correctly, but when Seraiel tried to load a save, he gets an error. I don't know what is wrong, but do you know if it's possible to get it working in Linux? I use PlayOnLinux, basically a front-end for Wine (Windows emulator). Bit more info here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13682096&postcount=89

BUFFY is installed in the Mods folder, and the mod itself loads fine from what I can tell (got a warning when not ticking lock modified assets). I've replaced the BULL dll with the one provided by BUFFY. Therefore think it should be fine here, but if whatever BUFFY does doesn't work in a linux environment, even via Wine, then I guess there is little to be done. Would be great if somebody have experience with it though, and can help me out.

6. Lemon Merchant

I don't know anything about Linux, so I can't answer your question, but have you tried asking in the HOF forums? I know that Denniz has put together some info on getting BUFFY running on Win 7 and 8, as well as Vista. Maybe he has done the same for Linux.

Sorry I can't answer. :(

7. Aquila SPQR

Aquila SPQR Chieftain

In order to make more than 18 civs playable in scenario I have to edit CvGameCore.dll, right? Does anyone have such clean BAT mod file modded for more than 18 civs? I can't edit dll files and 18 civs is way too few for me.

8. Lemon Merchant

Yes, you would have to edit the DLL code to have more civs.

But take heart. I have a 50 civ DLL for BAT kicking around here someplace. I'll find it and upload it to SourceForge. Stay tuned to this thread and I'll let you know when it's posted. :)

9. Aquila SPQR

Aquila SPQR Chieftain

Oh, I can't wait! Thanks!

10. Lemon Merchant

11. Aquila SPQR

Aquila SPQR Chieftain

Awesome! Thank you veeeery much :*

12. Aquila SPQR

Aquila SPQR Chieftain

Hmm... it seems my joy was a bit premature. I copied this new dll file where it should go and I can now set more than 18 civs in my setup, but immediately after clicking "start game" I have a CTD.

13. Lemon Merchant

14. Aquila SPQR

Aquila SPQR Chieftain

Thanks, but I managed to find a replacement. So far I was playing huge mods but on GEM at the beginning of the industrial age the slowdown was annoying as hell, so I was looking for smaller mods. I tried BAT, but recently I found Diversica - quite small mod AND it already has BUG/BAT/however it's properly called :D I hope this smaller mod will be less demanding and I'll be able to enjoy it to the end.

15. TheNoseKnows

TheNoseKnows Chieftain

In the city screen, what do the + signs next to buildings represent?

For example, some buildings like walls and barracks do not have a + sign, but the majority of them do:

16. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

Some of this screen shows BUG ... but some of the screen doesn't. I don't think the '+' items are BUG.

17. TheNoseKnows

TheNoseKnows Chieftain

I see, so it's not native to BUG. That led me to make a forum search, which provided me with the answer:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/better-bat-ai.421897/page-20#post-13734774

18. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Stupid question time. I have a save game using regular BTS 3.19 patch. Which, if any of the available variants (BUG, BAT etc.) is going to be compatible with that save? Or am I going to have to start from scratch?

19. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

BUG installed as single player will be compatible. BAT will not.

20. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Thanks, BAT is the BUG+VD thing, right?