Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

FAQ: (I think?) Why am I getting subscribed to hundreds of threads? What does it mean, "Subscribed Threads" anyhow? Does this just mean threads that you've posted in? What's the purpose? :confused:

Regards,
Admiral "Confused" 8Q :crazyeye:

Yes, the 'subscribed threads' are the ones you post in. You can change your settings in the UserCP. Go to Edit Options and select your subscription preference. You can have instant, daily, or weekly notification. You can have 'no email notification' where you subscribe but don't get emails on it (they still show up in your UserCP). Or you can have 'Do Not Subscribe'.

The purpose is so you can keep track of the threads you've posted in.

What exactly happens to your account when you're banned for a set time? I know you can't log into it, but can you still view the forums, access PMs, etc.?

Well, you could always get banned and find out . . .

Seriously, I think I've received PMs from people who were on a temporary ban, but I'm not sure about permanent.

If you're tempbanned, you can still log into the forums. You can do anything but post. Not sure about voting in polls, but I would guess not. You can send PMs, and review/respond to any PM you recieve.

Turner_727 said:
If you're tempbanned, you can still log into the forums. You can do anything but post. Not sure about voting in polls, but I would guess not. You can send PMs, and review/respond to any PM you recieve.

And according to Wyrm you can't surf invisable.

I would have thought it more likely that you can't change your profile, so if you're not invisible when you get banned you can't change it until you are unbanned.

Well, your sig goes away while you're banned. It makes sense that the rest of your stuff gets locked to.

Recently smilies,avatars in all threads and the reply and foward options in PMs are not showing.I mean I can click on them but I cannot see them.Help?

When I check properties of an avatar,smiley,whatever it says -1 byte.

Nevermind. I feel stupid because I never submitted the thread because I thought you had to enter the questions before hand. :blush:

I hope this is the correct forum...

I am wondering how to change a link to a thread to a word or phrase. Many users have links in their sig. that take you to their creations and they say "my scenario" or something and it is a link, how do you do this?

[ url=insert url here]The text that you want shown[/url]

Top Bottom