Frequently Asked Questions

@Sarisin, you could be right regarding losing the tropps, but I am sure to have reached AC 100 two times, so I suffer the effects of AC 90, 100 and 100 again few turns after (approximately 30).

@Sarisin

Ok,thanks, now I know that this can happens many times..but when the counter reached 100 I loosed more or less half of my army and some heroes, but Enion Logos, which I was in war, nothing. (both of us are good)
He had an army of 380 units out of a city and more or less 8.000.000 of units on the world and didn't loose anything.
How it is possible? There is a building or a particular feature that begans possible it?
Thanks

I guess it depends on your game speed. I play Epic, and unless you really rush Cartography and Pact of the Nilhorn, they don't come that early. One thing that helps me get the Stooges is that I find the AI civs don't make the Pact a priority.

You are right that they can mow down scouts, disciples, and warriors, not to mention barb units with the Orcish promotion. However, once the Hunters, Lizardmen, Satyrs, etc. start appearing things are a little tougher for the Giants. Then, when Tier III units show up, they are really relegated to bombardment duty.[/cut short]
Ah, I play at normal speed, and on prince. A question about difficulty level, I seem to be very far ahead of the AI techwise. I'm halfway through the tech tree, and I'm only just now spotting some enemy satyrs and chariots. Before, it was warriors everywhere. On what difficulty can you expect the AI to keep up with research, or even give you a run for your commerce?

I still haven't figured out what difficulty level to play. Its been changed with BTS, and the BTS AI is dumber than all that came before I think. I play Prince or Monarch. I feel I should play Emperor but the AI's bonus production and the humans health/happy penalties are too much. I need something between those two levels. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and figure out how to mod the difficulty levels.

As to FfH, currently there is a problem with the AI not building the pre-req buildings for some of the early units. This will be solved on Dec 16th with Shadow. For now though, I've been going into the World Builder and helping the AI out a little. It sucks but it does make for more interesting games.

I feel I should play Emperor but the AI's bonus production and the humans health/happy penalties are too much. I need something between those two levels. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and figure out how to mod the difficulty levels.
There is no difference between monarch and emperor in terms of happiness and health.

@Sarisin, you could be right regarding losing the tropps, but I am sure to have reached AC 100 two times, so I suffer the effects of AC 90, 100 and 100 again few turns after (approximately 30).

Sircam,

I have played many games and never experienced what you described.

Often after hitting 100 on the AC, I will go under, then up again to 100 many times depending on events, etc. I have never had a 3rd loss of units due to the AC - only two, and that was it.

Ah, I play at normal speed, and on prince. A question about difficulty level, I seem to be very far ahead of the AI techwise. I'm halfway through the tech tree, and I'm only just now spotting some enemy satyrs and chariots. Before, it was warriors everywhere. On what difficulty can you expect the AI to keep up with research, or even give you a run for your commerce?

I've only play a few normal speed games, and my answer would be you won't see it in .25l.

However, I think if you play at Marathon speed (there are other negatives to this dealing with the AC) or even Epic, you will see the AI producing more advanced units.

I play raging barb games, and if the other AI civs are not all destroyed (happens way too often in raging barb games IMO), you will see the barbs and even the AI civs building Tier III and even Tier IV units. It is not uncommon to see Heavy Crossbowmen, Beastmasters, and Druids to name a few.

So, they must be building Machinist Shops and Groves to build these units.

There is no difference between monarch and emperor in terms of happiness and health.
Your right. And I did some test games and there is no health/happy penalties from Prince to Deity. And no AI bonus to them either. I guess its just research and production bonuses for the AI. I frequently have bad luck with poor starts on high levels, particularly post BTS. That must of been what I was thinking. Thanks for the correction.

I've only play a few normal speed games, and my answer would be you won't see it in .25l.

However, I think if you play at Marathon speed (there are other negatives to this dealing with the AC) or even Epic, you will see the AI producing more advanced units.

I play raging barb games, and if the other AI civs are not all destroyed (happens way too often in raging barb games IMO), you will see the barbs and even the AI civs building Tier III and even Tier IV units. It is not uncommon to see Heavy Crossbowmen, Beastmasters, and Druids to name a few.

So, they must be building Machinist Shops and Groves to build these units.
That sounds more like what I experienced in my very memorable pre .25 game as the pirates. The Clan even got close to building all the altars then. But with just an hour of civ time a day, marathon games would last forever. Perhaps I should follow this route instead in my current game:

I've been going into the World Builder and helping the AI out a little. It sucks but it does make for more interesting games.

Too bad this weird... side effect occurred.

I sent a bunch of mercenaries out to pillage. At first they were harassed by catapults and chariots, but when I stacked them with (so not inside) the Trojan horse, all harassment seemed to stop. So my question is, can the Trojan horse be attacked? And the other one, can mercenaries "hide" in a stack (unlike privateers)?

I sent a bunch of mercenaries out to pillage. At first they were harassed by catapults and chariots, but when I stacked them with (so not inside) the Trojan horse, all harassment seemed to stop. So my question is, can the Trojan horse be attacked? And the other one, can mercenaries "hide" in a stack (unlike privateers)?

Based on my experience I would say yes and no to your questions.

I sometimes send the Trojan Horse out to explore. It is almost always killed by barb units, often Bears which are always in great numbers in my games.

I almost never build mercenaries I guess because of other priorities. However, I almost always build the Council of Esus and have HN units. Some, like the Stooges which I use for bombardment I keep in stacks of mixed units. I have had them attacked (usually quite a shock!) and killed by 'friendly' units. However, I have to say that usually friendly units seem to refrain from attacking when they are in a mixed stack, but certainly not when they are out and about alone.

Is CIV Warlords necessary to play FFH2 .30a?

I didn't think so, but in an effort to gain a little needed disk space, I removed Warlords (using XP's removal program) and now cannot play FFH2.

I keep getting Python errors when I try to load FFH2 or even BtS.

I tried re-installing Warlords, but even that is dead. Strangely, the only thing that seems to work now is plain ole vanilla CIV4:(

I guess I have to re-install everything (patches and all) to get back to where I was, but I am still wondering if Warlords is necessary, and, if not, why all the problems when it is removed?

Thanks

Reinstall BtS + the 3.13 patch. It will automaticly install the warlords files it need.

If you already had Warlords installed then the BtS folder wouldn't contain the the info already found in the Warlords folder (to save space), so your BtS files will be incomplete if Warlords is removed. Reinstalling BtS will fix the problem.

I razed a city containing the Infernal Grimore and then picked it up and took it to my Crown city. But I can't figure out how to turn it back from equipment to wonder. Is it even possible? What about a captured Crown?

I see, thank you. It was the Beakers I was after since I had an Academy, Library, and the Crown. The extra 5 beakers or so isn't much this late in the game, but I still thought it worth the attempt.

Since the Crown does have an effect, does that mean I would be able to 'rebuild' it into a city? I was the one to build it this game, but in other games I may find myself going to war just to capture it. Or maybe I'd want to let another civ build it so I could then use its equipment bonus. I don't see a way as the builder to revert it to equipment.

Top Bottom