Frequently Asked Questions

It's not about it working or not. The scenarios were constructed, balanced and designed for the unchanged game. That is the way the authors intended them to be played. Thus, that is the best possible way to play them.

While it's certainly true that the scenarios were designed for the unmodded game, not only was base FfH2 updated several times after the scenarios were first introduced, but it remains an unfinished product. Kael was planning further bugfixes and AI improvements, as I recall, before stopping further work.

It's been a long time since I played regular FfH2, but I do remember the AI changing radically after one of the patches, and not in a good way. During a war with the AI, it would retreat and evacuate cities, leaving them undefended or nearly so. Then it was building monster stacks of doom.

Full disclosure, I've never tried the scenarios myself, but given all the changes post-introduction of the scenarios and the unfinished nature of the base mod, it might not offer the best playing experience for the scenarios any more.

I'm still playing only MNAI and I've just confirmed that Scorch (Sun I) turns marsh into plains in it.

He asked about base ffh2 not MNAI, and it was Tholal that added that to scorch in MNAI (in the code for scorch you will find a note by Tholal saying he made that change)

playing as Flauros and cant seem to build the command post with my great commander.MNAI mod.Am I missing something like a pre requisite building?(although no idea what that would be)save enclosed.thanks.

edit; delete save

Attachments

• flyingswan AD-0212 command post.CivBeyondSwordSave
    370.3 KB · Views: 390
playing as Flauros and cant seem to build the command post with my great commander.MNAI mod.Am I missing something like a pre requisite building?(although no idea what that would be)save enclosed.thanks.

Tried to load your game, hoping I might spot something (not specific to MNAI), but it crashed the game ("Failed to uncompress game data."). I am using the most recent version of MNAI, so that shouldn't be the problem. :confused:

I am trying to install FFH2 (update o, no modmods) on top of Civilization IV The Complete Edition. My install directory is
C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods
and I am running Windows 7 professional. The install directories were originally marked read only and I made them all not-read only. I am installing as an admin.

When I run the FFH2 N install, it unzips everything to the mods directory and makes a Fall From Heaven 2 directory with subdirectories, etc. But there is an error message at the end saying that it did not install correctly. Same thing happens when I run the media pack and the o patch.

When I launch FFH2, I get a crash to desktop.

Any suggestions?

Quick Q,Ive got a mistform floating around inside my borders eating my workers.I cant see it,which techs/units/spells let you see invisable stuff?thanks

Hawks, from the hunting technology, would probably be the easiest way.

I only have a scenario, when I downloaded FallfromHeaven2041n. Where is the main game I have played for years?

there might have been an issue when installing the mod. What does your Mod folder look like ? (in Civilization4/Beyond the sword/ Mods)

Edit : did check the download link and it does contain the correct version of the mod. So there was an issue during the installation. The most likely is that it wasn't installed in the correct place. If it's not that, i'm gonna need more details (your Mods folder and the mod list appearing ingame, the Fall From Heaven folder,...)

Last edited:
What do I do when one of the scenarios crashes the game consistently instead of loading? I figure there is a consistent procedure for that sort of thing by now.
If not, will provide system details and other stuff once confirmation of a no procedure existing is gained.

Top Bottom