1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

While it's certainly true that the scenarios were designed for the unmodded game, not only was base FfH2 updated several times after the scenarios were first introduced, but it remains an unfinished product. Kael was planning further bugfixes and AI improvements, as I recall, before stopping further work.

It's been a long time since I played regular FfH2, but I do remember the AI changing radically after one of the patches, and not in a good way. During a war with the AI, it would retreat and evacuate cities, leaving them undefended or nearly so. Then it was building monster stacks of doom.

Full disclosure, I've never tried the scenarios myself, but given all the changes post-introduction of the scenarios and the unfinished nature of the base mod, it might not offer the best playing experience for the scenarios any more.

2. omegaflames

omegaflames Chieftain

He asked about base ffh2 not MNAI, and it was Tholal that added that to scorch in MNAI (in the code for scorch you will find a note by Tholal saying he made that change)

3. FlyingSwan

FlyingSwan Chieftain

playing as Flauros and cant seem to build the command post with my great commander.MNAI mod.Am I missing something like a pre requisite building?(although no idea what that would be)save enclosed.thanks.

edit; delete save

Attached Files:

4. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

5. Tielby

Tielby Chieftain

Tried to load your game, hoping I might spot something (not specific to MNAI), but it crashed the game ("Failed to uncompress game data."). I am using the most recent version of MNAI, so that shouldn't be the problem. :confused:

6. omegaflames

omegaflames Chieftain

his question ending up getting answered by himself anyway

7. wilsonmath

wilsonmath Chieftain

I am trying to install FFH2 (update o, no modmods) on top of Civilization IV The Complete Edition. My install directory is
    C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods
    and I am running Windows 7 professional. The install directories were originally marked read only and I made them all not-read only. I am installing as an admin.

When I run the FFH2 N install, it unzips everything to the mods directory and makes a Fall From Heaven 2 directory with subdirectories, etc. But there is an error message at the end saying that it did not install correctly. Same thing happens when I run the media pack and the o patch.

When I launch FFH2, I get a crash to desktop.

Any suggestions?

8. mickyd47

mickyd47 Resident Lurker

Try pointing the installers at your desktop and once they are done drag and drop them into the mod directory.

9. FlyingSwan

FlyingSwan Chieftain

Quick Q,Ive got a mistform floating around inside my borders eating my workers.I cant see it,which techs/units/spells let you see invisable stuff?thanks

10. Bad Player

Bad Player Chieftain

deius dei shrine for one, think priest/high priest of lugus (religion?) does too

11. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

Hawks, from the hunting technology, would probably be the easiest way.