1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Shadowlord

Shadowlord Rare Poster!

The wiki doesn't even mention the Altar victory (unless someone added it in the past two days).

2. Aluzrin

Aluzrin Chieftain

Another good popup would be for with the adaptive trait, brief notations on what the traits can choose from do and what you would be replacing when the selection screen pops up. Or alternatively the ability to use the civipedia before making a selection.

Adding a link to the racial hero under the civilization entry may also be helpful to new players.

3. marioflag

marioflag History Addict

Can Hyborem units be attacked by the 4 Apocalypse Knights?If AC reaches 100 and Armageddon is finally released are Hyborem cities affected losing half population, does Hyborem lose half of its units?

4. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Fallow trait keeps the civ from having its population halved (just hyborem), non-living units arent effected by apoclypse (meaning demons, undead, angels, golems, etc), and Hyborem starts at peace with the barbs (and therefor the riders) but he could lose it if he gets to powerful.

5. Silverkiss

Silverkiss NekoChan

Couldnt he have a special barbarian trait so that he is always at peace ? I mean, it is a little weird that Hyborem, the Big Red Demon wanting to destroy the world with the Armaggedon, is attacked by the fours riders of Armaggedon, that also want to destroy the world.

6. eerr

eerr Chieftain

both hyborem and the barbarians want the glory for themselves....

7. EconMajor

EconMajor Chieftain

When I load the mod from inside Warlords, it just fails. Then when I try and run the link from inside the Mod directory (program files/fir../mods) it says I need to insert the CD. Can you help me??:confused:

8. marioflag

marioflag History Addict

FfH2 is a mod for Civ4 not Warlords, insert CIV4 disk and you should be fine

9. jense

jense Chieftain

I got a question wich may be asked several times:

When i download, for example, patch "f", and didn't download patch a - e, will I still get the features of those patches I didn't download? Sorry for the stupid question, but I wonder why the patches' size doesn't really get bigger each time.

10. marioflag

marioflag History Addict

Yes patch f will have all the changes of previous patches.

11. jense

jense Chieftain

Thanks. I didn't actually realize that patch "g" was out beacuse "h" was already there, so i feared I wouldn't find "g" and couldn't get those changes... Kael updates too fast. ;)

12. zkons

zkons Chieftain

I've got a bit of a problem, when I select the mod and then the game says it has to restart to load it so I basically say yes, then the game crashed and I get that window saying that CIV IV has experienced some kind of orror and had to be shut down (you know the standard windows one)

What could be some reasons for this happening, and how could i fix it?

13. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Chieftain

is there a faster download mirror somewhere?

preferably in europe

Edith says after some hours the dl-speed finally increased from 7 KB to 40 KB

(mods you can delete this post)

14. Vince_2000

Vince_2000 Chieftain

Hi...

Is it possible to use the Word builder in a multiplayer game ?

It's a great Mod ! thank you........

15. Kael

Kael Chieftain

I dont think so. I believe thats a limitation of vanilla Civ.

16. Serthorn

Serthorn Chieftain

Hi. What the max. experience level depend on? And maybe is the 100/101 the max. possible experience?

17. loki1232

loki1232 Loki

There is no max experience. However, 100/101 is the max XP earnable from fighting barbarians.

18. jlehtira

jlehtira Chieftain

I'm playing Khazad in a multiplayer game, and built a mine on top of a wine resource while starting the game (needed the hammers, and wine-tech was far far away..) Now I can't find any way to remove the mine! I'd kinda need the wine too, to calm down my people :p .

Is there a way to remove a dwarven mine oneself? If not, I'll change the wiki later to tell it, now it's misleading.

19. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Nope, dwarven mines are permanent.

20. Frozen-Vomit

Frozen-Vomit Chieftain

Doesn't Crafting give acces to vineyards?? The tech you need to have before you can build mines?