1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - World War II 1939 Mod' started by asioasioasio, Mar 5, 2007.

1. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

Frequently Asked Questions....
    Under Development

2. simonsis

simonsis Chieftain

Hello

I´m a german guy and I love your mod. And like everyone else I want to post my ideas to improve the mod.

-> The germans shouldn`t use the infantry I,II,.... because their colour is too bright. The germans had grey and brown uniforms at this time. My idea: the SS unit should become the normal german infantry because they really looks like the normal german "wehrmacht" and you can make another ss unit (maybe in black and red).

The bright german infantry steals the historical atmosphere.

-> the production of of every city in the mod is much to low (with germany I produced my first ship in 1943 )

-> the strength of russia and the U.S. are too low (both nations should have 3-4 cities more in my opinion)
    -> the strength of italy is too high (they conquered nearly every city in france till Dec 1940)
    -> perhaps you can add the full scandinavian map in the 1939 scenario (scandinavia was very important in ww2 /ore-resources in norway supported the german war-production)
    narvik in north norway was showplace of great battles in ww2
    moreover the russian-finisch winterwar in 1939/1940

I know it is a lot of work to add full scandinavian (is it possible to increase a map in civ4??) perhaps you can explain me to add it by myself

-> more civs are much more interesting (but need a lot of time I know)

Thx for reading my ideas,
    great job guys

3. asioasioasio

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

4. simonsis

simonsis Chieftain

I played the 1939 scenario with Germany, U.S. and Russia (until 1944 in every game)

5. Vince_2000

Vince_2000 Chieftain

hi...

first I have to say.. It's a really good Mod with a lot of potential.

do you have any further plans for a full single oder multiplayer game ? or just Scenarios ?

Thank you !

6. asioasioasio

Thx :)

it's focused on scenarios both for singleplayer (as it's now) and for multiplayer (the scenarios are in production, and the game becomes more balanced so hopefully it would be possible to get interesting multiplayer game scenarios).

about full single player - i don't think so - it wasn't purpose of this mod - they are reall great mods like visa, modern warfare mod, amra, sevo, total realism mod and rhyes and falls of civilizations wich enhance full single player games. we focused only on 1933-1952 - so they aren't any warriors, swordsman, etc and playing on singleplayer is without sense - cause developing economy is to slow.

But i'm couriuos how it would work with accelerated start - so the game would start with couple of cities some infrastructure started some units already developed (you can say civ would start in modern era) - it could be fun especially in mulitplayer.

7. richieelias

richieelias Chieftain

In the previous version of the mod I changed the .ini to allow single player custom games, and it wasnt horribly slow if you started in the industrial age. The main problem was that there were too few countries available and you were pretty much stuck with a small map.

8. asioasioasio

Next version will bring much more nations - if it would go ok we'll reach aroun 20 nations in game :)

9. Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800 Chieftain

Haven't downloaded it yet. But i was wondering wether Japan was playable in this mod or will be in time?

10. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Which version of Civ4 is this mod compatable with? Is it Warlords only? or is their an upcoming BTS 3.19 version?

11. asioasioasio

@Darthvegeta800
    Japan will be in BTS version

@Tasunke
    It's for Warlords 2.08 iirc

New version will be for BTS 3.19

12. wotan321

wotan321 Chieftain

Can you give us a forecast of when the patch for the 3.19 version will be available?

13. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Chieftain

I'm actually quite sure that the current version is actually for 3.19. I could have been mistaken. (My BTS is 3.19 and it runs well on my computer...)

14. wotan321

wotan321 Chieftain

Thank-you, NotSoGood, you are correct. I am interested in the patch for the current version, which is for Civ4 v3.19.

15. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Chieftain

:lol:
    Sorry, I misunderstood your question. :D

16. asioasioasio

2-3 weeks, but it might change, depending on how SDK Python work will go.

17. fireclaw722

fireclaw722 Imperial Guard

Is there a World map??

18. asioasioasio

There'll be added soon