Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
wattdn datt?

Germanisches Neuheidentum ?

ich kenn Zeugen Jehovas, und Neoliberale und Pegidia, aber die?

:crazyeye:
I suppose anyway it's a problem with German translation. It's Asatru in original version, which should be wrong anyway actually. It's supposed to be the religion of Odin, Thor and so on.

ok, found this
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanisches_Neuheidentum

it's not an incorrect translation, but an unusual
a mix of esoteric, german right nationality, and old German mythology.

remove it complete.

Well, yes, Asatru (as it is in english version) is kind of a new religion based on ancient german mythology. I suppose the name was chosen because it's short.I think it's the same for Kemetism, which is a modern religion based on ancient Egypt mythology. Problem is that calling it "Ancient German Mythology" or "Ancient Egypt Mythology" is both too long and too unfitting.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14178620 said:
Well, yes, Asatru (as it is in english version) is kind of a new religion based on ancient german mythology. I suppose the name was chosen because it's short.I think it's the same for Kemetism, which is a modern religion based on ancient Egypt mythology. Problem is that calling it "Ancient German Mythology" or "Ancient Egypt Mythology" is both too long and too unfitting.

Kemetism could be renamed to Pesedjet as in many other mods. That's a better name.

We have another funny missspelling from english to german.

The "starfort" from the renaissance should be named "Bastion" and not "Weltraumstützpunkt" - this means in german something like "Space-fortress" (something you build in outer space or above earth)
I know, the english name here is "Star-Fortress" and if you translate 1 to 1 Sternenfestung would be correct. From Sternenfestung you got Weltraumstützpunkt -> technically not totaly incorrect, but as a german speaker it sounds like star wars ;)

45°38'N-13°47'E;14178620 said:
Well, yes, Asatru (as it is in english version) ...

if you go and rename it, take ASATRU also for the German language, too, that is less confusing and those who want to get more information may look in Wikipedia for Asatru

Kemetismus is correct for German, don't rename it.
https://satmaat.wordpress.com/kemetismus-auf-deutsch/

and, as we just talk about German language ;)
a kingdom with a queen as leader in German is same like a kingdom with a king:
Both is Königreich, and not Königinnenreich, even if the the leader is a woman = Königin. :lol:

Edit
and I come back to my unanswered question, how to switch the fonds in game from serif to non serife ?

We have another funny missspelling from english to german.
The "starfort" from the renaissance should be named "Bastion" and not "Weltraumstützpunkt" )

This is not so clear for me. "Weltraumstützpunkt" is wrong anyways, so far I agree. But its explanation is "replaces Castle (Schloss, like a "Schloss Schwanstein")", and Bastion does not replace castle, so far I know. The image shows a big quadratic fort or castle with 4 masssive towers at each corner.

I think the correct German word would be Bastei

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastei_(Festung)

also: Abfallverdauer
should be Abfallverwertung instead = waste recycling or waste utilization
verdauen = to stomach :lol:

Edit:
if there is an instruction somewhere howto do, I can check and correct German, if you want.

if you go and rename it, take ASATRU also for the German language, too, that is less confusing and those who want to get more information may look in Wikipedia for Asatru

Kemetismus is correct for German, don't rename it.
https://satmaat.wordpress.com/kemetismus-auf-deutsch/

and, as we just talk about German language ;)
a kingdom with a queen as leader in German is same like a kingdom with a king:
Both is Königreich, and not Königinnenreich, even if the the leader is a woman = Königin. :lol:

Edit
and I come back to my unanswered question, how to switch the fonds in game from serif to non serife ?

This is not so clear for me. "Weltraumstützpunkt" is wrong anyways, so far I agree. But its explanation is "replaces Castle (Schloss, like a "Schloss Schwanstein")", and Bastion does not replace castle, so far I know. The image shows a big quadratic fort or castle with 4 masssive towers at each corner.

I think the correct German word would be Bastei

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastei_(Festung)

also: Abfallverdauer
should be Abfallverwertung instead = waste recycling or waste utilization
verdauen = to stomach :lol:

Edit:
if there is an instruction somewhere howto do, I can check and correct German, if you want.

About the font, I think it's been changed to make it compatible with other languages/alphabets so it will probably stay like that because the team member working on that part isn't working on it anymore.
About translation, you have to register on Transifex:
https://www.transifex.com/civ-a-new-dawn/
I think I'm still an administrator there, so I can approve your translation, although I'm not sure how text is imported/exported in the game (the person maintaining the translation database is the same that was working on different alphabets). But eventually we might sort it out. Thanks for your offer. :)

left above is the image for event log etc.
I want to get this also stored in a file on hdd. Found no working way.
BUG options/log seems not work, nowhere on HDD is a log file, also not when I set there a filename and full path and uncheck use standard file name
Edit
ok, need to checkmark automatic start, save game and start game new.

when I open a city screen and do CTRL + A then I get "... only allowed in cheat mode ..."

But when I set in civilizationIV.ini
; Move along
CheatCode = chipotle

and load the game again, it is same, CTL-A not working, gives that message only.
so, how I can destroy an unwanted bulding?

(by world builder this to do is very unhandy)

Are you getting the python screen using "Shift and ~" (Only way to bring up) standard 101 keyboard setting.

Python
2.4.1 (65, Mar 30 2005, 09:13:57) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]

Example of screen generated.

Cntl - A does work with cheat code enabled correctly.

Are you getting the python screen using "Shift and ~" (Only way to bring up) standard 101 keyboard setting.

Python
2.4.1 (65, Mar 30 2005, 09:13:57) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]

Example of screen generated.

Cntl - A does work with cheat code enabled correctly.

SHIFT + ~ gives nothing
in city screen the CTRL + A pops up the regular abadone Window w/o scroll area and with text "wähle das zu zerstörende Gebäude aus. Abadoning cities or buildings is only allowed in cheat mode"
The regular text is in German, correctly, as I play in German, the additional text is in English.

And this, althought I set in the ini the cheat code.

by this, the only way to abadon a uilding is by world builder.

Dschungel Camp => Forest Preserve :(
not so good

Aufforstungsgebiet = area where you re-afforest, but dschungel you can't re-afforest like an other forest, in real live.
Either bad translation or bad upgrade way

The only thing I can suggest is provide a copy of your Civ4.ini file, and someone could look at it.

Also try use the 'tithe' ~ key in a work document, so you know your pressing the right key strokes.

You access cheat the python using the tithe ~ key alone.

You access cheat the python using the tithe ~ key alone.

Civ4.ini or CivilizationIV.ini ?

where you use the the ~ ? in game or in city screen?
in game the SHIFT does switch the information of the tile where the mouse pointer is.

In city screen nothing happens with shift ~

In general, I think it is a bad idea to block abadone building. Even in multiplayer, it's normal also in real live that a building gets destroyed.

a civ4.ini does not exist, below my CivilizationIV.ini

---start copy ---
I deleted this because it was the wrong one
---end copy---
for unknown reason I had two CivilizationIV.ini

It works with "Ö" on German keyboard.

Abandon building or city has been disabled because it's like cheating and AI doesn't know how to use it.
Cheat code is "chipotle" as previously said, you have to put it in civilizationIV.ini. This is enough to enable abandon command. The console opened via tilde key is on English keyboard. On Italian keyboard is for example ò key. I don't know what's the German key, try different keys until a semitransparent window opens, then you know that cheatcode is working. You don't need to open this window anyway, it's just to check that cheatcode is working.

abadon building works in other civ4 mods well, and I don't think tht is cheating. For me this is not same like abadon a city. Abadon building we have in real live always, for several reasons.

So, in general, for me is that a feature with a *must* in game. Abadone an old or unwanted building.

as you can see above, it is in my ini.
Show me a mod where AI actually uses this feature and knows how to use it, and I'll add that code to AND.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14186831 said:
Show me a mod where AI actually uses this feature and knows how to use it, and I'll add that code to AND.

I don't know if the AI can work with it well for the AI civs, but (i.e.) in C2C the SHIFT + A works w/o extra enable cheat code, and, if I remember right, also in Civ5 is a regular feature for this.

anyways, got it working with "Ö"

It used to work here too without cheatcode, but using a feature that AI can't use IS cheating. That's why it was disabled without cheatcode. C2C code was taken from AND for that feature. We've disabled it for the mentioned reason, they haven't (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom