FRFR - Finally Ready For Regent!

Thanks! ;)

Well you are a world power so if it was up to me i owuld say knock off the compition! I mean. If france and (was it celts) are the best comption you got then just turn them against each other.

Me. I am a warmonger and a consipor(spl?). When i got to war i go all out. When i capture a city a send EVERY SINGLE CITIZEN OUT as a settler and take them to a "Gas Chamber'. I then proceed to kill them all through grusome methods such as starvation. Nukes. Bombardment. MArtial law. Slavery. Selling the slaves, ICBM's, and then i disband the citiy. I pillage every tile i walk over that aint mine. I dotn raze the cities i jsut set them back to 0. The reinhabit them with my excess workers. I sell the slaves to the highest bidder but never their mother country. I jsut did this to america in my game and there is ONE american left. It is in a comunist gov so i fugre i shoudl toture it. But then again ti is a waste of resources. But i dotn go tmuch else to do. The only way to win is through militry dominance on my game. I treat THAT game as a 'sim' i dotn want it to 'end' I jsut want to keep building. Conquer the world and reloacte EVERYONE to a small island....

Anyways. just a thought. If you kill the compition then you got it made and can treat the rest of the world liek whores. Get embasises with everyone and sabotage the wonders. (i am sure you knew that but i got to say it). Also how did you tell when they STARTED a wonder?

I'm sure Sirian and Charis will appreciate the help :crazyeye: as they are both newcomers to Civ and struggling with the concept about how to win :lol:

:D

BTW.... are you ever going to try this variant on a higher level? Looks a bit rough.

I thought those 2 were 2 fo the best players on this board! Damn in that case i must be helping. Dont trade techs unless you NEED to. If you can slow them down enoguh you will gain a huge wonder lead. I mean if you get 9 10 techs ahead liek i do then you got 120 turns to get wonders and mroe techs.

bump bump if it needs it

Good luck in your game, maker of widows. No doubt the AI in your game trembles in fear, as you make Genghis calm look peaceful and serene by comparison. :p

Sirian and I will somehow manage here, probably in a slightly less aggressive fashion. We are not the Mongols, but the gentle people of India. We shall dominate the world with our succelent vegetable curries, our delightful biryani and delcious chai (not to mention the splendor of our temples). As Arabia and the Vikings have seen, when we set our sights on a civ, it's days left on the planet are few. The game pace is slower than others, so no bumps are needed, please. With no 'roads' in place, if such a bump on the noggin sent us to the hospital, I fear a contusion that would send one (or more) of us screaming into the night. Permit us a quiet thread.

Tnx,
Charis

Indeed. Go about it as you wish but hwo bout a turnlog for an update! Comeon! Whos got it? Are they playing?

One of the nice things about a two player game is that they can play really quickly when there's a lull in other game, or they can slow it down a bit when other things heat up.

If you want to see what Charis and Sirian are up to, I recommend visiting some other threads on this forum while you're waiting for this one to turn red. I'm sure the next turn will be posted here when it's complete.

By reading other threads, you might also be able to determine whether the "are we ready for regent?" attitude that they have taken has all been a convincing role play. ;)

-Griselda

edit- typo

Not a BUMP just a gentle nudge.

It's been almost 2 months. I just wanted Sirian to know I'm still here lurking and waiting for the next turn.

Guess you're ready for Regent but not ready for R/L or MOO3 or whatever.;)

Not ready for MOO3, not ready for day-long essays on war-related subjects. I did come looking for this thread, though, and I have played Civ3 in the last 12 hours, if that's to be read as any sort of positive sign. :lol:

- Sirian

Yeah! I wait for the upcoming turnlog with bated breath.:lol:

Has this been inactive a week?
I can hardly believe there is THAT much feast-mode going on...

Glad to see we have lurkers wondering if in fact we ARE finally ready for regent, or whether we have overstepped the limits of our capabilities??!!

It's not a feast per se, but the dinner table has been mooved! Once the tastier morsels have been digested, it is hoped that our intrepid FRFR host will be able to push our pristinely glorious civilization a step closer to victory.

There is a saying in our land... "No man may overstep his internal motivation toward achieving a goal, neither do external attempts at such motivation foster progress." (I don't know wth this quote means, but it's plastered up on the palace walls in Delhi!! :lol: )

Charis

PS@Erik - I'm honored by your sig :hammer:

!!! IU had given up on the thread. TURNLOG! NOW! I MUST KNOW! Also i think you should do a refresher by re-reading all your turnlogs. IF i go a few days without playing a game and come back to it, i forget all my plans. So i got to start a new one. PLEASE finish the game. Very interesting.

Bump and a question:

[1] 960: France alone gets Education. That's TWO monopolies for them. They're pullin'
away! Celts have Gunpowder, so England will next turn.
Would it have been possible in this situation to buy Education from France, and hope that the Great Library would pop Education before popping Gunpowder, thus denying England Gunpowder until they researched it on their own (or traded for it)? Or do we presume that the Great Library pops Techs in the order 2 Civs get them (so that Gunpowder would pop before Education every time)?

(I'm not saying it's what should've been done, I'm just curious if it's a possibility)

"No man may overstep his internal motivation toward achieving a goal, neither do external attempts at such motivation foster progress."

Now that's wisdom. :)

And yes, feast mode is still on. :( I've got more piled on my plate than I can handle. Yes, I piled it all there, but there you go.

- Sirian

Thanks for the update Sirian. I for one am patiently waiting.

:eek: We're Finally Ready For Another Turn! :eek:

:jump:

Early: Invaded Germany, captured their southern cities.

Middle: Captured Berlin, popped a leader.

Late: Formed an army, Conquered Germany, started on the Epic.

Now get this. I got ONE promotion, and with the promoted unit I got ONE elite victory. In the wake of, erm, recent events, the irony is almost too much to bear! :lol:

After removing the enemy infestation, the snowy lands of Germany were restored to a properly pristine condition.

NOTES:

* The 4-pack of Explorers at sea are Russian-bound on auto.

* I signed deals with France and Iro. We're set on lux.

* We have one spare dyes if a worthy buyer shows up.

* Workers are moving toward the capital for possible pollution cleanup. Also have some near the FP.

* War with Russia looks like the next step. I recommend defensive posture at German-Russian border until Cathy is gassed, then we can take her down. Emphasize force protection, as we're too late to get her "before she has cossacks and rifles".

* Most of our towns are buildings factories. The interior towns that can't get iron are still building rifles.

* If you pop a second leader, rush Suffrage (anywhere) and kill the cascade. Then we are sure to get the rest of the wonders.

* The Epic will be done in five turns.

* Delhi needs a coal plant. It may have to build Hoover from scratch, but in any case, we want it tooled up to the max.

* Don't leave our scattered holdings defenseless. We're a little thinner than I'm comfortable with in Scandinavia, for instance.

* I saved up some cash. More savings may be in order as we will have to buy our techs at fairly high prices.

* There is a sizable force in southern Germany. Our victorious army is not yet filled. Up to you if you want to stick a vet horse in there or try to hold out for another elite.

FRFR - 1750AD

- Sirian

One elite victory pops you a leader huh? :lol:

I'm starting to think that the game must have a builtin "Sirian-detector" which gives whacky/ironic combat results :)

-Sirp.

Top Bottom