1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Front Page Annoucement

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-Team Demogame' started by Ginger_Ale, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

Front Page Annoucement

For a couple of weeks now we have been wanting to make an annoucement for the MTDG on the main page of CFC, where all Civ-related news is posted. This is a great way to get people who have never played multiplayer to get experience on both strategy and the way it works, people who are burnt-out of SP Civ3, people waiting for Civ4, or people looking for a friendly challenge with a game they love to experience the MTDG.

However, first we need some actual written info to post, so I am calling upon the teams to come up with a description of their team, and a description of the MTDG if you want (a general description of what it is - if not, I will just make my own with some of the stuff I wrote above). What can you include?

• No spoiler info! While interesting, it will only harm your team.
    • Team Name
    • Team Logo
    • Team Mottos (+ other team info)
    • Whatever you can think of that is spoiler-free, brief, and interesting.
    I would try to keep it around 100-150 words (ie; a medium-sized paragraph for each team would work nicely).

I will also include some data about the map (basic settings), # of participants, etc.

Let me know if you have any suggestions, or if I am missing something. Go off and discuss this with your team! It would be nice to have this in a few days.

2. Ginger_Ale

3. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I think teams are still discussing this. We do not want to give out sensitive info.

4. Ginger_Ale

Team KISS has submitted theirs.

Spoiler :

We, the United Anarchist Simpletons, are a group of Old Grumpy Men, Idiots, and just plain stupid people. Our team name K.I.S.S. says it all (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Our motto is simple – NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS.

Leaders? We are led (guided? sheparded?) by our Major Idiot Whomp, but chaos like ours will tolerate only the most powerful natural disasters. So the more Idiots join, the more powerful we become.

Our goals are very simple – convince everyone that benevolent anarchy is much better than oppressive democracy or the dreaded Republic. We are out to have fun, first and last, and if by winning this we shall persuade others to join the academy, we wont complain too much.

To give you an idea of what yours can look like.

5. Tubby Rower

Tubby Rower Chronic Slacker

GA - Whomp should be capitalized in ours... No biggie...

6. Mistfit

Mistfit Deity

:bump: just wanna see my creation on the front page :D

Another creation I should say... The HoF guy is of mine and Dianthus' doing.

The new one for cIV is all mine :mischief:

7. Daghdha

Daghdha Absent Minded

@GA
    Go on make the announcement. Seems like we're the only ones not having any spoilerish info to give away :D

8. Ginger_Ale

Ok, I will submit an annoucement soon. Since no teams except Team KISS have posted an annoucement publically, I won't give any team info on the annoucement, but I will include some general MTDG stuff + Mistfit's logo!

9. Mistfit

Mistfit Deity

come on teams get with it. we need to advertise this great game!

Get your discriptions in to GA so the world can hear how great your teams are :D

10. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Team TNT is a team driven by spontaneous combustion, explosive and expansive and with fascination, suspense and thrill to fuel the economy of our nation. Team TNT is pure action, not acting out a role, not claiming an ideology or mindset is better or worse, just living out its potential to the fullest, whatever the outcome may be. First of all, it is important to know we are the Nation of Irõn, and the Ironic nation has a strong, peculiar and unique culture that has to be experienced from within. The nation is presently organized and lead by collective decision-making, organized and lead by Provolution and his fellow Ironic fellows.

11. Ginger_Ale

The above is the description of the MTDG I will submit. Changes are welcome.

2/4 teams have submited their final copies, the rest have some discussions in their forums. I hope to send a PM to TF tonight and if so we could see an annoucement tomorrow!

12. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

Ginger that looks great and is a good explaination. I think it's important to accenuate how Civ 4 will be more multi-player oriented and this game gives a precursor to that. There's a possibility there could be some Civ4 War Academy articles on technique, strategy, diplo etc. that could come from this game.

BTW did you mean to say "in this game soon"?

13. Ginger_Ale

Yes, I changed that - I have a very bad habit of screwing with word order. "get quick rich scheme" is something I have said before in RL, to name one.

Added part about prelude to Civ4.

14. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

[RegentManGrammarNitPick]

Should be something to the effect of:

By just saying "experienced," that sounds awkward. Experienced what?

The ending bit adds a little humor, in my opinion.

[/RegentManGrammarNitPick]

15. Daghdha

Daghdha Absent Minded

I only got one simple coffee stained sheet of jibberish and it says "CivIII Multiplayer For Idiots"? Maybe just a first draft but I'll play according to it anyway. That OK?

16. Ginger_Ale

17. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Well sheesh! Be that way! ;)

Thought it would be a little less blunt than "for the people who have no knowledge of Civ III multiplayer."

18. Mistfit

Mistfit Deity

How about...

and people looking to learn the mechanics of multiplayer Civ.

19. Ginger_Ale

Team Doughnut's almost final copy:

Team MIA's final:

Once I get a confirmation from Team Doughnut, I will send a PM to CT/TF ...

20. Tubby Rower

Tubby Rower Chronic Slacker

That's great :lol: