1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fun strategies, inusual combinations thread

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by mavol6, May 17, 2016.

1. mavol6

mavol6 Chieftain

So any of you tried to diverge your usual strategies to something less "meta" but still awesome?. Ive found out some interesting way to play indonesia, especially if you spawn near tundra tiles. it is easy to pull off as the tundra bonus pantheon is low priority for the ai (as far i know), you intentionally settle on tundra tiles with the tundra pantheon.

So you can easily get supertiles on your spawned luxuries, plus the extra happiness indonesia gets you easily stay happy with those tundra settled cities, having coasts with fishes is almost necessary if you want to keep your population fed though.

so what interesting combinations have you guys used?

2. jma22tb

jma22tb Prince

I used to make Scouts first as a hard and fast rule, but realized recently that it doesn't really do anything for my playstyle and replaced it with Monument and Shines. It's still kind of weird seeing fog of war everywhere but winning the Wonder race makes up for it xD

3. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

Yeah, Scout first with Communitas was my standard, but Monument first seems to work significantly better for me in CBP/CPP/VP.

It does feel sad to miss out on all the goody huts though!

4. Krullehoofd

Krullehoofd Chieftain

You can get enough goody huts with your first warrior imo.

5. Krullehoofd

Krullehoofd Chieftain

Another reason, it is safer for your scouts when all the barb camps have been cleared. Scouting goes a lot faster when not having to deal with the initial barbs.