Future of RifE

Okay, this might be the most stupid question ever - but being a Kraut didn't make it any easier - but:

Could someone plase provide the link to the Beta please? :(
I don't exactly know, what SVN is...

Another question: Due some events I have to play on my Notebook for now. So I have to make a new installation. Is the 1.4 Beta all I need (except for the nice Soundtrack-file) or do I need 1.3 and it's patches?

Okay, this might be the most stupid question ever - but being a Kraut didn't make it any easier - but:

Could someone plase provide the link to the Beta please? :(
I don't exactly know, what SVN is...

Another question: Due some events I have to play on my Notebook for now. So I have to make a new installation. Is the 1.4 Beta all I need (except for the nice Soundtrack-file) or do I need 1.3 and it's patches?

Follow this link, scroll to the bottom, and click "Download GNU Tarball". This is a zip of the entire beta; Unzip it and overwrite the standard RifE install with it.

Unfortunately, you DO need 1.3, though you don't need any patches, or even the soundtrack; The ONLY file missing from the beta is the fpak, a very large file containing the majority of the game's art assets. It was too large to upload to the SVN.

Another small question: Are most of the modules still compatible?
The ones like Keepers of Norggormotha, Saila, etc.

I've noticed that ImprovedLiches doesn't play well, but haven't had an issue with any others.

So sad these RiFE forum pages are quiet these days. Is there an E'iten thread thats alive with the ideas and passion thats gone?

Unfortunately no, and there can't be. We're making use of several additions coming in the Gods and Kings expansion, and since that's not out I can't describe them; with mechanics interlocking so strongly, there's not much point talking about the rest of it atm either.

---Ah but you see Valk, that news fills us lurkers with hope as we now know its simply a waiting game until CiV expansion arrives. :cool:

Unfortunately no, and there can't be. We're making use of several additions coming in the Gods and Kings expansion, and since that's not out I can't describe them; with mechanics interlocking so strongly, there's not much point talking about the rest of it atm either.

Welp, as it seems that you are creating a mod to be released along with the expansion, you can tell firaxis/2k that I'll be buying the expac day 1.

Lol, Took me a long time to switch from FFH2 to FF. Now Iv been reading up on this mod for the past year and when today I decide to actually go for it I find this thread ...

Probly wont stop me tough since iv been playing FF , which is dead as well.

So how does RifE compare to FF?

After playing 1.395 some time ago I have read with interest about the newish 1.4 public beta and decided to give it a go, however, have run into a few problems.

1. Download 1.3 & 1.4 beta, copied and pasted the latter over the top.

2. When I try and load a game I get a large amount of xml errors for the merkara civilization.

3. I decided just to disable this module, to see if it would help, but am unable to change any module setting, as after I disable it, then press commit changes I get an unexpected handling error, and soothing about no access to said modules files.

Any idea's

edit: For some reason the commit changes worked now, and with the merkara module disabled game loads fine. Will noew give it a go.:)

Edit 2: Game loaded and worked, then about ten turn in screen went to 640X480 mode and crashed. Now, every time I load the game, just before the start up screen comes up, my screen flickers from dark black to black 5-6 times then I get and initialized failure to render error. Base civ4 loads fine, but I cannot load any mods now. Have I done something wrong??

Well, I can't answer that last edit - I have no idea what's going on there. However, I would like to add this disclaimer to the thread:

The Mekara module should always be removed before trying to launch the game. It is no longer up to date, as it has been merged into the main mod. As such, it will cause issues, no matter what. Therefore, you must remove or disable it manually.

Since people don't seem to have noticed us repeatedly telling others to do that... ;)

That said, it sounds to me like you might be having graphics driver issues. Have you tried updating them?

Thanks for the response

Sorry for not reading further, just getting back into rife. As to the render problem, restarted my computer and working fine now????

Also, where can I find an updated log for some of the changes as I just noticed in my game that certain enemies causing health problems, or two unheath per pop in my cities, which I believe is new, and rather than asking 100 questions, where can I find this info for myself?

Cheer for the reply, but still cannot find exactly what I'm looking for. At the momernt:

1. It is right the population give 2 unheathyness per pop?

2. I've got a hunter with the subdue animals promotion, but am not now capturing animal in combat.

Are these new to 1.4??

edit: Been reading thought the rife wiki pages and noted that someone mentioned the full SVN as a 900mb download. When I went to the link posted above and downloaded the "GNU Tarball" I got a zipped file of about 222mb. Is this normal??

Top Bottom