FUTURE Projects!!!

2ndrev eurasia will be the toughest mod to make by far. I schedule this mod to start being made next summer. Why so far away? I want it to be released after Second Revolution 3.0 and use it's SDK and build. The reasons for this wait will be apparent next summer ;) so for now i work on second revolution south america

these maps are great. keep them coming and think pan-eurasia for this expansion though.

Yeah paneurasia is better idea that only europe - europe is so peacfull place now - it's hard to imagine that only europe could be part of big conflict

im also expecting to have a very fine random events with pop-up screens (even movies!!)

this mod will start alpha phase summer. would anybody like to take a stab at a second revolution movies in .bik format?

does anyone at least know what programs to use :p

What do you mean random events? What kind of events will they be?
Post in the creation and customization, someone will know sth about videos.
I think MaxRiga knows.

How about this:

Because the Anarchists seized sizable sections of the USA, America recalled all her troops from the middle east at short notice, this forced the UK to increase the numbers of troops committed in order to maintain stabilty in the region, this left the UK with virtually no military based at home. Inspired by the success of their American counter parts, British Anarchists struck, and with almost all the UK's troops deployed abroad quickly took control of all the UK's major cities, wich the exception of Glasgow, which fell to Scottish Nationalists. Very quickly Anarchists accross Europe followed the American and British example. As most European nations still had troops at home they were not as successful as their British counterparts, Paris, Berlin, Krakow, and Barcelona fell quickly, and after some resistance other parts of the EU followed suit.

This is where the game begins: The EU is fighting the Anarchists, but will the member states stay united, or, will some use the chaos as an opportunity to turn on their allies and begin working to unite Europe under their own Imperialistic mode? The British Government is operating in exile form Gibralter and is desperate to regain control of the UK, they have a small guard in Gibralter, and loyalist paramilitaries in the countryside around London, and Edinburgh, Belfast is still nominally under British control but surrounded by hostile anarchists. Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, and Leeds are firmly under Anarchist control. Each EU Member will be a different Civ, but allied with each other, as the game plays out they may remain allies or turn on each other; maybe Spain will use this opportunity to seize Gibralter, thus leaving Britain with only Belfast and that looking likely to fall soon. To the East Russia, The Ukraine, and Turkey are all remaining neutral for the time being, but how long will that last? If Russia decide to regain their old sphere's of influence, will the Communists try to regain power, using the war, as they did during WWI as an opportunity? Maybe Britain will be able to recall their military, giving them a sudden surge of battle hardened veterans part way through the game (allowing a future spin of mod since at that point the Middle east would descend into chaos). Maybe late in the game, America will have fallen fully to the rebels, who then send support to their European comrades.

There would have to be a lot of Civs in this, more than the 18 in a standard game, the EU alone has 22 memeber states, I would suggest the following as a minimum which may make it unworkable:

European Rebel Alliance (some cities in all civs that are marked with a *)

The EU (All allied with each other at the start but with friction that may break up the alliance):

Austria*
Belgium*
Bulgaria
Cyprus
Czech Republic*
Denmark*
Estonia
Finland*
France*
Germany*
Greece*
Hungary
Ireland
Italy
Latvia (large ethnic Russian population)
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Netherlands*
Poland*
Portugal*
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain*
Sweden*
United Kingdom*

Russia (cautious to all other nations, except possibly the Ukraine and Belorus)
Turkey (very friendly to the EU, however eastern EU nations are hostile to Turkey)
Norway* (friendly to all EU nations, especially Sweden, Denmark, and Finland)
Croatia (hostile to Serbia, very friendly to EU nations)
Serbia (hostile to Croatia)
Bosnia
Maccedonia
Switzerland (friendly to the EU - very strong defence force - rich)
Ukraine
Belorus
Iceland (neutral, unlikely to get involved unless invaded)
Scotland (only have control of Glasgow)

That makes at least 40 Civs, is that possible? The game would start similar to the American version, but the overiding theme would be history repeating as old buried rivalries rear their head. There are lost of possibilities, both Paris and Berlin have fallen, will Germany and France work together to regain order or will they turn on each other? Will Ireland attempt to seize Belfast? Can the Scotts take Edinburgh, will the UK ally with the Scotish or see all insurgents equally as they try to take back the mainland?

i really like your ideas. This would be a sound basis for a Second Revolution: Europe Mod.

One suggestion: i feel that 40 civs is far too many. i would want to keep it to 10 or less. This would mean that the civ's would have to form in power blocs. The hard part would be arranging these blocs. Some countries in europe are smaller than one square on a game map, and other civs are larger, but warrant no city placement (where would the civ be?) ;)

i have to admit, i have a deadline right now with the game company, so i am trying to spend all my time on that project. As for Second Revolution, as we get closer to summer, we get closer to the time where I will start production. Submissions, Ideas, Songs, and Graphics will be happily accepted, and will get you added to the credits of the mod.

I think that Anarchy in the UK, by Sex Pistols, is a perfect song for
Mozza's idea.

I'm not suggesting they should all be playable, most would be minor civs. I guess you could give the Rebels complete control of some such as Bosnia and Iceland and thus eliminate Civs. I would say playable Civs should be:

Rebels
UK
Germany
France
Spain
Russia (maybe - I like the idea of Russia being there as a threat that may or may not happen)
Italy
Greece

The others would be minor Civs with one or two cities each, a map the size of the one in the North American version just showing Europe would be big enough for this. I understand what you're saying but Europe should be a patchwork of small nations, working together but ready to explode at any moment.

Soundtrack-wise I'd try to keep it with a European flavour, Anarchy in th UK or course then maybe;

Inner Terrestrials: War
External Menace: Standing On The UK
New Model Army: Vengence
Oxymoron: Faces From Below
The Newtown Grunts: ...v The Insidious Right Wing Conspiracy
The Clash: Guns Of Brixton
Angelic Upstarts: Solidarity
Gogol Bordello: Illumination (they're American but sound eastern European)
throw in some Rammstein, Psyhcoterror, there's some good Spanish stuff I can get hold of easy enough

I like your ideas.

I'm mulling over whether or not to have second revolution 3.0 to be a world map?

or perhaps make 2nd rev 3.0 to be in north america, with a european side mod?

I think you should do related scenarios, thus it's the same war but different theaters of war. The scenario I described is linked to the North America one, starting six months later, and as I mentioned you could do a Middle East one that begins when British troops are withdrawn in the Europe one, thus different scenarios of the same WWIII. It's also a nice twist that WWI and WWII started in Europe and dragged other parts of the world in, whereas WWIII is starting in North America and spreading from there. As for the extra Civs for the Europe one, and I imagine you'd need a lot if the war ever spread to Africa, I see the 32 Civ DLL was developed by Dale, maybe he could let us know if a higher number is possible?

no, i dont like mods with extremely large numbers of civs. personal preference, never play them, never beat them. 32 is ungodly, and wouldnt run worth sh!t on most computers

Factions:

The EU: Not a faction, per se, but all EU nations have open borders with each other and are on friendly(ish) terms.

Russia (NOT very aggressive military, but financially very aggressive, largely undeveloped, except around large cities (Moscow, St. Peterburgh etc.))

Estern Bloc (Justification: it was this or become a vassal of russia)

Northern bloc (Nordic countries + Estonia, Lativa and Lithuania, Militarally weak, but occupies difficult to attack area)

Great Britan (Justification: Economic collapse left England as the only major power in the isles and there were therefore no one to oppose them, small but VERY well developed economically and militarally).

Central block: Germany, Austria, Swizerland, Hungary, Czech republic. (Very powerful in terms of production, but eastern areas are somewhat undeveloped)

Roman alliance: Spain, Portugal, France and Italy (Justification: An alliance to avoid being economically crushed by the central bloc and by russia, large and reasonably developed, but with some economical problems).

Greece: Greece + balkans (Justification: Economic collapse spelt the end of the balkans as a viable entity, and violence spiraled out of control and into Greece. Greece used this as an excuse to invade and occupy the balkans, now too spent to put up any resistance).

Turkey: Turkey and Cyprus. (Not terribly powerful, but in a very defencible position and with good capabilites to strike at both greece and russia).

Low countries: Devided between the central bloc and the roman alliance.

Put into this the rebels. Most active in Russia and Great Britan (Irish and scotish seperatists).

9 civs all together.

Factions:
9 civs all together.

Depending on how far you go eastwards,

Azerbaijan can be grouped with Turkey. They are grouped IRL anyway. Or with Central asia.

Central Asian Turkic states can also be grouped together, but I am not sure if they can be grouped with Turkey. I guess they can if the number of civs get too high. (with both GDP and population, Turkey is bigger than the sum of all of Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Kirghizstan anyway). Can add Mongolia and Tajikistan to name it Central Asian Alliance or something like that.

Iran becomes a separate civ.

Group all Arabs in one.

What to do with Israel, Armenia, Georgia? hmm...too small for civ.

Afghanistan can be rebels/barbarians.

Pakistan and India deserve their own civs.

Perhaps group Indochina (if the map goes that south).

China; Japan; Korea...

That's 9 more civs :)

IMHO there should be seperate games for Europe and the Middle East. I think Including Turkey and Greece is a great idea [they're thought of as European or near-European], however adding in the main area of Asia-Minor carries TONS of baggage.

For example, Adding Israel without Lebanon. Lebanon is a moderately functional Democracy [especially compared with other nations in the reigon], why not include it?

Make a Middle-east Mod. It would be tricky as hell, but worth it in the long run.

Iran, Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Kurdistan... Lots of intrigue there.

Also, consider an Africa scenario.

Im planning on a world map made up of large indepentdant blocs. Im cosidering if Europe and USA are grouped, but certainly UK with USA and its colonies. There will be a middleeaster bloc and an african bloc ect.

it will be a while before i get this one done, and it will be based off the 2nd rev 3.0 engine (so gotta finish that first ;p)

Top Bottom