• Espionage

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Something else?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jayne

Emperor
We need to make more decisions. I've been making it up as I go along for the last few turns, and hopefully you're not too disappointed with my choices.

Looking at the tech tree, I feel these are possible routes:

Corporation (Freight)
Communism (UN)
Amphibious Warfare
Electricity - need Magnetism (Cancels Great Library)
Espionage - need Communism (Spy)
Atomic Theory
Fundamentalism

Anything else?

Vote for 2 options, so we are more likely to get a spread of votes and I can determine an order. Polls open 7 days

EDIT: Forgot to press Multi-choice! (It's been a long day!) Vote for 1 now, then myself or naevrod can post a second poll next week if needed.

I voted espionage, but my second vote would have been corporation I think. I'm also keen on electrcity so that the Persians start to fall behind (hopefully before they get rifles!)

I like Electricity, only for stopping the Persians copying....
(But you know, there are allies with russians, so the one discovers some science, the other takes it too...)

I don't know what is the better :
Spies (could be interesting in this game)
or
Freight (to earn more money, isn't it ??)

CURE FOR CANCER!   REFRIGERATION!

Genetic Engineering requires Corporation.
Refrigeration requires Electricity.

-The Domestic Viewpoint, of course. :lol:

Btw, we need to upgrade our Cannon to Artillery before we loose Leonardo. Let's be careful about that! Machine Tools requires Electricity, Industrialization (POLLUTION ALERT), Steel and Tactics.

I vote Corp first; freight give delivery bonus as well as faster delivery. More money, faster, who could pass that up? :)

UN and spies would make wiping out our enemies much easier and cheaper.....

Either way, I think our engineers should concentrate on builing our rail line ASAP. A basic rail network can let us reduce the units needed to protect our lands, as well as deliver cargo faster.

I wish to report that I am at a festival in Gabba Gabba, near the University of Elysium. I was unable to attend. My daughter took one team of horses to review the facility, and I eagerly await her report. My son drove me here, and we have arrived safely in one piece.

I have been persuaded to vote for Corporation. I am glad you all have reasons to take this crucial step toward Genetic Engineering, my real goal. I am still smarting from rolling out of bed, going into the office, and discovering that my Great Great Grandfather's Hanging Gardens no longer casts its favorable glow over all of our peoples. I can think of little else but to replace it immediately.

As we are ahead on technology we can do a lot to make sure we get the upgrades from Leo's we want before it expires. We just try to keep away from Automobile for as long as possible.

As most people think the current goal should be corporation. I also like Espionage and Genetic Engineering. I think we should wait with communism until we have all the caravans ready and we feel we need it, because it decreases the effect of cathedrals by one and therefore make 58 content citizens unhappy.:(

I can't really think of what would be the best research project at the moment. All I have been playing lately were OCC games, so I'll just keep out of this discussion...

My first vote goes to Electricity. If it had been a multi-choice poll, my second vote would have been corporation.

Espionage would be top for me, given all the diplo's we are using.
Corporation second $$$$$$
Elastic-trickery can wait until we have a few ironclads built (and damaged?)

I have voted for Corporation as I feel we need the money.

Also, Jayne, thanks for posting this poll, I have been very busy lately and unable to attend to the DG. I am back now. I will review the Science tomorrow or Wednesday and post a discussion then.

naervod, might as well wait until after Jayne moves, in about 12 hours I'd guess.

Corporation sounds great. People have talked a lot about Electricity. Magnetism comes before Electricity, and will cancel our Lighthouse Vet Ironclads. I now think that does not matter.
Once we get Electricity, any Ironclads we built will become Destroyers, and loose their Vet status iirc. The important thing is to build these warships. We are planning 3 of them. Magnetism has the benefit of reducing unhappiness, since our war unit Caravels will become easy Galleons. Electricity cancels the Great Library, and Destroyers will move quickly.

Leo's last ungrade, Artillery. We have 2 Cannon. Artillery requires Tactics, Steel, Electricity and Industrialization. With Industrialization comes Pollution iirc, so we might time that with Darwin to get Mass Transit and $Spend lots in RC & Elysium.

Of course, I yearn unsated for Genetic Engineering, the Cure.

Top Bottom