[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went and checked Civilization V steamdb/stats:

https://steamdb.info/app/8930/stats/

I advise you to scroll down to STATS. There's a bunch of stats in STATS, and they're not Achievements. I haven't played CIV V in ages. Could someone tell me where do these appear in game? Is there a panel in game that keeps all this info?

The _STATS_ in STK1_STATS_ could strongly suggest these are actually In-game STATISTICS, just like they were in CIV V.

The statistics seem to be all of the type sum, "Total number of this, Total number of that".

Given this additional info, STK could just mean something like Key Stats.
---

So my new interpretation is that they are just adding a new panel with added statistics in-game. Read below. I missed the obvious.

Edit: Stats Kit too.

Last edited:
Yeah, as time passes even I somehow think expansion is more probable than DLC ... if STD is really first letters of something that is most likely expansion, because its not Civ tradition to put DLC's so late in development, and three letters for DLC name sound a little bit too much.

Both expansions have had around 40 achievements though not 10.

I advise you to scroll down to STATS. There's a bunch of stats in STATS, and they're not Achievements. I haven't played CIV V in ages. Could someone tell me where do these appear in game? Is there a panel in game that keeps all this info?

The _STATS_ in STK1_STATS_ could strongly suggest these are actually In-game STATISTICS, just like they were in CIV V.

The statistics seem to be all of the type sum, "Total number of this, Total number of that".

---

So my new interpretation is that they are just adding a new panel with added statistics in-game.

The Civ VI ones have _ACHIEVEMENT in the name, though...

true ... but, if third exp is gona happen it would probably be the smallest in Civ6 because both RF and GS were pretty big.
I know it might be too much to ask but they could always add in more than 8 Civs to make up for not putting in as many features. :mischief:

---

So my new interpretation is that they are just adding a new panel with added statistics in-game.

The Civ VI ones have _ACHIEVEMENT in the name, though...
The defaultvalue: 0 looks similar. But this Stats things was implemented in Civ V in February 2019.... Strange...

Well, it is possibly significant that they are in the Stats section, so you could be on to something.

I think the intention is to keep them from actually appearing on Steam just yet.

Also if you click on the change number, it tells you the update occured outside the Product Info Cache Server. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but they obviously going a roundabout way of updating it. I half wonder if they didn't realize it would appear on SteamDB.

true ... but, if third exp is gona happen it would probably be the smallest in Civ6 because both RF and GS were pretty big.

Well that's complete speculation. On my end, I cannot fathom them following up GS with a weaker or smaller expansion.

This is what I think Eagle Pursuit is referring to. I added the other occurrences I could find. It shows up every time achievements are added to the game.

Spoiler :

However, in the past they seem to have been added straight into the achievements folder, not stats, using the hidden setting as seen in the picture.

Spoiler :

Where did you see the implemented date? I checked the History tab and all achievements were updated in February 2019. Are you sure that's the date they were first added to the game?
I went back all the way to 2013 for CIV V, and Feb 2019 was only time ESTEAMSTAT occurred, all 548 of them :shifty: First removing(!) https://steamdb.info/app/8930/history/?changeid=U:10810332 , then adding the next day : https://steamdb.info/app/8930/history/?changeid=5880373
So, yeah. Looks Firaxis is fumbling with the Steam API, and get unexpected results... Could that be what's happening with Civ 6 STK achievements? And they forgot the "hidden=1" ?
Or do they know, and it's all part of the Saurons plan?

if that's the case... the sale ends on Wednesday the 22nd of January. Do they normally announce content during sales? I know they normally have a sale during the build up to a announcement or expansion release (I can't remember which) so is it possible that we won't see hear anything until Thursday the 23rd of January?

if that's the case... the sale ends on Wednesday the 22nd of January. Do they normally announce content during sales? I know they normally have a sale during the build up to a announcement or expansion release (I can't remember which) so is it possible that we won't see hear anything until Thursday the 23rd of January?

Yeah, it would tend to indicate that the announcement will come when the sale ends. But if this is just a patch with a freebie scenario, then it could come sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom