[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the reasoning? Wouldn't it make more sense to have a sale right after an announcement of future content, to get people excited and on board? Why would an announcement be more likely after the sale has ended?

It would make more sense to announce new content during the sale. This way everyone can jump the hype train instead of waiting for the next sale to step in. The sale should not last to long. Otherwise consumers wont make quick decisions. When people feel rushed to take action their brain stops working. I would say the chances for at least an announcement of new content have increased for the next days till thursday. If i were firaxis/steam i would have waited to start a sale till after the announcement has been made do. But perhaps it has to do with steam sales starting at 19:00 CET normally.

It would make more sense to announce new content during the sale. This way everyone can jump the hype train instead of waiting for the next sale to step in. The sale should not last to long. Otherwise consumers wont make quick decisions. When people feel rushed to take action their brain stops working. I would say the chances for at least an announcement of new content have increased for the next days till thursday. If i were firaxis/steam i would have waited to start a sale till after the announcement has been made do. But perhaps it has to do with steam sales starting at 19:00 CET normally.

I hope you're right!

It's a ponder then

Almost all polders are former lakes though. The Flevopolders (three big polders central in the country) are the only significant exceptions, and even there we turned the sea into a lake (by building a dike across the entrance) first.

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to mention that I want polders to actually turn tiles into land tiles. And I want to build more of them. I want to turn everything into polders!

To be honest i am primarily looking forward just to Firaxis fixing the Era gate functionality. It makes a huge difference in opening up other strategies that are not as science/culture heavy

Almost all polders are former lakes though. The Flevopolders (three big polders central in the country) are the only significant exceptions, and even there we turned the sea into a lake (by building a dike across the entrance) first.

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to mention that I want polders to actually turn tiles into land tiles. And I want to build more of them. I want to turn everything into polders!

Lol I know the feeling, but isn't that just something that comes with the territory (i.e. living in NL)? : P

I thought first looks happened after the announcements? I wasn't around back then.

Also, Beyond Earth, Rising Tide, Sid Meyer's Railroads, Pirates, Starships(?), Ace Patrol, Railroad Tycoon are also all at 50% - 75% discount. So CIV VI being at a discount might mean nothing.

(Civ V and IV are not discounted, but this has become common practice.)

Edit: Of course it could also just be a matter of "might as well put all this old stuff on sale while we are at it."

Alexander trembling as he watches the map displaying his war fails. General: ,,Sir... She's coming..."

In the distance, Wilhelmina is seen leading giant army of weaponized and mounted polders. A legion of polders. As she treads on the ground new polders rise from the soil and trees turn into polders. Citizens run in terror as a mere touch or focused gaze could turn them into polders. The end is near.

Lol I know the feeling, but isn't that just something that comes with the territory (i.e. living in NL)? : P

What, you mean turning everything into polders? Yeah, it's pretty much in our blood. I don't think any Dutch person can see water without thinking about how to regulate it, keep it away from certain areas, keep it present in other areas, and so on.

So, nothing?

Hrm, do you think the achievements could be tactically placed, considering the sale now? Like, they show us the achievements, implying that there is something coming, and BAM! Sale!

I would expect there to be really something coming, just maybe not as soon as usual after achievements (so I'm also more thinking towards the end of the sale now).

Hrm, do you think the achievements could be tactically placed, considering the sale now? Like, they show us the achievements, implying that there is something coming, and BAM! Sale! ....

That's way too much conspiracy theory, the real world doesn't work like that.
Fortunately.

I've been lurking here every once in awhile and noticed the conversation seemed to get a bit more excited for a potential announcement over the past couple of days. Any tangible cause for that?

For what it's worth, there are still some glaring "gaps" in Civ VI that I can't help but feel point to another expansion. Going straight from Musketmen to Modern-era Soldiers (skipping the Civil War-era Riflemen) is one, and that Cold War-era B-52 bomber certainly doesn't exemplify "Stealth". But the "Who's Who" list of iconic Leaders from previous Civ games (examples: Napoleon, Nobunaga, Bismarck, Nebuchadnezzar, Julius/Augustus Caesar, and Attila for starters, which would suggest a very military-centric expansion) and even Wonders (Leaning Tower of Pisa, Grand Canyon) and potential Disaster types (wildfires would be an unfortunately timed feature, though, to be honest) are just a few of MANY other reasons to believe that Firaxis has at least one more major expansion for this game before moving on to Civ VII or whatever.

The question is, of course, when (oh, and will such an expansion be coming to consoles as well)?

So, nothing?
The Twitter account seems to like tweeting at 4PM UK time (in around half an hour).

I've been lurking here every once in awhile and noticed the conversation seemed to get a bit more excited for a potential announcement over the past couple of days. Any tangible cause for that?

For what it's worth, there are still some glaring "gaps" in Civ VI that I can't help but feel point to another expansion. Going straight from Musketmen to Modern-era Soldiers (skipping the Civil War-era Riflemen) is one, and that Cold War-era B-52 bomber certainly doesn't exemplify "Stealth". But the "Who's Who" list of iconic Leaders from previous Civ games (examples: Napoleon, Nobunaga, Bismarck, Nebuchadnezzar, Julius/Augustus Caesar, and Attila for starters, which would suggest a very military-centric expansion) and even Wonders (Leaning Tower of Pisa, Grand Canyon) and potential Disaster types (wildfires would be an unfortunately timed feature, though, to be honest) are just a few of MANY other reasons to believe that Firaxis has at least one more major expansion for this game before moving on to Civ VII or whatever.

The question is, of course, when (oh, and will such an expansion be coming to consoles as well)?
The cause of the excitement is that some new hidden achievements have suddenly appeared. It's unclear what they are for - there's only 10, so not enough for an expansion - but it's certainly intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom