1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntSou

AntSou King

You mean they didn't mention that?!

What exactly were people buying then? How were they promoting the Deluxe Edition?

2. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

They just said that 4 DLC were included, along with the soundtrack. I don't recall further details, but the lack of a new civ in one of the first two DLC to drop was a big disappointment to many people.

CPWimmer, Kjimmet, AntSou and 2 others like this.
  3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Indeed. I would have bought the DE if I had known there were 4 civs, a bunch of wonders, and some city-states. I was fearing map packs or unit skins or something like that.

4. pokiehl

pokiehl King

And then they rectified the disappointment by giving Deluxe Edition holders all 6 DLC for free instead of just the first 4.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  5. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I remember justifying it to myself because I got it in a GMG sale for the same price as the generic MSRP release's regular cost.

6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Yeah, expectations were all over the place. Some thought it turned out to be a pretty good deal, others were vocally disappointed. So I hope they don't make the mistake of being too mysterious again.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  7. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Although I don't know if they would have done that if it didn't turn out that individual purchases were cheaper in some currencies than the bundle.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  8. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

some people will never be pleased by anything though

9. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

The first four DLC, not the first two. That's quite a big difference.

WillowBrook likes this.
  10. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Moderator Action: Please do not go down this route. This discussion is inappropriate.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

acluewithout and AntSou like this.
  11. pokiehl

pokiehl King

Oops, you're right, typo.

12. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

If STK 1 is a DLC with a new civ, which civ would you bet it would be? I would say Mayans, as they are the most requested and would be a good way to start a series of DLC releases. Maybe they surprise us and give us a never seen before.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It really depends on how many civs would be in the season ticket. I think Byzantium would be a big draw right off the bat if it's just the remaining series regulars. But if they have 8 civs to bring the total to 50, I could see them starting with a new civ.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  14. Foxforch

Foxforch Chieftain

Babylon came as an individual DLC in Civ5. If a new Season Pass is about to start off this year, they better be included, because am still firm on the fact that Babylon has been in all 5 core games so far but not in this one, and it would be stupid if they aren't included because of the Sumer, due to their co-existance in two installments.

Civ1 civs NEED to get united in Civ6!

CPWimmer and The Kingmaker like this.
  15. cvb

cvb Prince

They can certainly do a better communication about the content and the conditions of a "season pass", but the effects of currencies and time (some months) are uncontrollable. Personally I think, they are not eager to repeat this "disaster" - they gave for free 2 DLCs to some customers, which I find quite generous btw.

Technically a Brazilian/Russian gamer, who bought the DDE instead of the vanilla game using Real/Ruble (the most divergent currencies relative to the US$ in the relevant time), changed implicit the DDE vs. vanilla price difference in US$, because the DLCs were later priced on the base of the altered exchange rates valid then.
    Relative to this deposit in US$ the buying power of their national currency strengthened (Real) or weakened (Ruble). Ie. their (implicit) US$-deposit lost/gained value.

Who shall carry those currency risks? 2k hedging with options?!! :D The easiest way is simply 'take time out of the equation'. No pay now, be delivered later.

WillowBrook likes this.
  16. AntSou

AntSou King

I hope they take the opportunity with Byzantium to add both Justinian and Theodora to the game.

17. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Bummer, I had really put my money on news today.

18. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Warlord

Oh gosh yes please

19. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Sioux is a funny way to spell Navajo. :mischief:

Justinian and Theodora lead both Rome and Byzantium would get people talking. :crazyeye:

20. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

And that was sweet! I wasn't sure if I had made the right choice buying it back then, but the content came out and then they made that decision; it was really great in the end.

So, I am hoping that it is a season pass. The guessing game was fun, for one, and the content was really enjoyable. But, I don't know; I cannot shake this feeling that I am getting too excited and it won't be it. I guess we will know SOON enough.

CPWimmer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.