1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Warlord

Exactly. And Nubia has been in several updates of "smokeA" build. So I got curious for what could be changing in this DLC.
    If we agree on that "smoke" branch is likely to be the new DLC "runner", what could "runner" then be, if they need to change something in an existing DLC?

Or do I have every thing backwards here?? :crazyeye:

2. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

3. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I was about to suggest that maybe they were in a rush to get out a "Winter" Patch before Spring starts on March 19th, but Eagle Pursuit put an end to that speculation :(

4. Bitterman

Bitterman Warlord

Just to make sure (I don't have the time to read everything): Is it sure then that they are working on anything Civ VI related right now, be DLC or Expansion or whatever?

I know about the 'runner' thing, but I'm no expert in this, just want someone to tell me yes or no.

5. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Yes as far as one can say yes without an official Firaxis announcement.

Bitterman likes this.
  6. ghost88

ghost88 Warlord

The consensus of the posters here believe they are working on an expansion, however as 2Ks marketing insists on keeping us in the dark it could be anything from a minor patch to Civ VII.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  7. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

It's assuredly not simply a minor patch because of the new DLC Depot, and it's assuredly not Civ VII because Civ VII development would not be occuring in Civ VI's Steam DB.

8. Larsenex

Larsenex King

I am just checking in. I see from the pages that we ARE getting an update.

> Do we know when this will land?

> can we get some kind of consolidtation on what folks think will be in it?

9. Kwami

Kwami Deity

No.

We don't know.

CPWimmer, WillowBrook and cvb like this.
  10. josgre987

josgre987 Chieftain

2 full weeks of speculation, discussion and observation have brought... nothing. There is literally nothing. Not a single drop of info has popped up. The only thing fueling the fire is a vague tweet made by Ed Beach, which many have come to the conclusion that we will get an announcement April 20th. That date, to me, feels too long for just an announcement. One year since the last DLC, we haven't got a single update since september.

11. Larsenex

Larsenex King

Thank you for the quick replies. I love the Civ Franchise. Just looking forward to updates or info.

12. ghost88

ghost88 Warlord

Do you have direct contact with the development team?
    If not what we have is speculation to me Red Death was a minor patch only the bug fixes in it were of any use to me.
    So my comment stands.
    We as 2Ks customers know nothing about what this activity actually means, with the consensus being an Expansion which coincides with what most posters dream about.
    Unfortunately 2Ks marketing believes all Civ players are spoiled children, not the adults most of us are and cowardly refuse to even let us know what they are working on because they are afraid if the tell us and they have to change something we will go and complain to momma ( sue them), or they are afraid the competition will steal their ideas which is idiotic as it is unlikely they have any that are truly new.

Elhoim likes this.
  13. Kwami

Kwami Deity

OK, but the Red Death patch didn't get a DLC depot in SteamDB. Only DLCs get new depots. So, you really have nothing to stand on, here.

nauberry, 679x, oSiyeza and 11 others like this.
  14. ghost88

ghost88 Warlord

Red Death was a DLC.
    As to my point its that because of 2Ks "Screw the customer they will buy what ever crap we put out so the idiots do not need to be keep informed" attitude we really do not have any idea what this activity means.
    It probably is a large update or more.
    Alas the lack of communications from 2K and their attitude that customer feed back is not needed will further alienate all but the diehard Civ fans. This could lead to future sales being less than they have been historically me being one that while I can easily afford full price for this game am considering waiting till any additional content goes on sale for 75% off and not even buying a Civ VII till it is a absolutely complete addition and is 75% off, further I will not be buying any spin-off game like BE or Colonization, there are two many cheaper and entertaining games out there which have developers who keep in constant contact with their customers.
    This has been "My point" through this whole thread that this is the 21st Century and interacting with the customer is paramount in keeping and growing your base something the " Marketing Gurus" at 2K failed to understand.

Duuk and Elhoim like this.
  15. josgre987

josgre987 Chieftain

No. No it wasn't. It was a free update. Here is a list of all DLC, including the upcoming "Runner"
    https://steamdb.info/app/289070/dlc/

679x, Nerevatar, Inawordyes and 6 others like this.
  16. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Red Death was neither DLC nor a minor patch.

Your comment doesn't stand. It's neither Civ VII nor a small patch. It's a new DLC. We don't know what nor the size of it.

Your claim is verifiably 100% incorrect and still you're somehow attempting to spin it.

nauberry, Nerevatar, bbbt and 2 others like this.
  17. ghost88

ghost88 Warlord

DLC = DownLoadable Content.
    As posters keep referring to Expansions as DLC as well as single civ content like the Aztec DLC, Red Death as a scenario was DLC as opposed to a Patch/Update.
    Had the previous posters or I made a distinction between free and paid content your point may have been valid but Red Death was new content.

18. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Have it your way.

Ondolindë and josgre987 like this.
  19. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

A pdf file is downloadable content too, but that's not what people mean when they say that.

20. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

When we talk about DLC in this context, we're talking about content that is sold separated from the main game. Red Death was added as part of the main game (it only works with Gathering Storm afaik, so it's actually part of GS), while the minor DLCs and the expansions are separated. If you go to steam and see the DLCs list, you won't find Red Death there. Whatever Firaxis is brewing, it will be on that list, as something sold separately. It might be an expansion, it might be a DLC, it might even be a free DLC, like the one they released for Xcom 2, but it will be a DLC and it definitely won't be like Red Death, which was just added with a patch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.