[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. That’s my problem currently too...

Wellcome brothers and sisters.

We should join for a support meeting once in a while. And reward a badge for every half day without coming to this post. So we can comfort each other for failing to achieve a single one.

Reactions: cvb
By the way, should this be renamed to "Spring Update?" or are we going to be pessimistic and expect the next update to be coming next winter?

By the way, should this be renamed to "Spring Update?" or are we going to be pessimistic and expect the next update to be coming next winter?
It's not spring for another couple of weeks.

Moderator Action: <SNIP>

Since we honestly have no idea what the next update actually is (I'm still betting on a patch to end GS which leads to an announcement of XP3 now), I like the idea of "Future Update" as a working thread for All Things Future.

Moderator Action: Please do not quote mod text, it is PDMA. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
Firaxis's unoffical mode of communication seems to be liking peoples posts.

Even if they are not active in posting it at-least shows us they are active in reading.

They can feel our pain

Runner is on a water break. One must stay hydrated after all.

but i agree with the above posts. some actual communication would be welcomed. One can talk without spilling all the beans.
Over in the Humankind subforum, the Amplitude guy is doing a great job of engaging without revealing info prematurely. Firaxis (actually, it's probably 2K's fault) should take some lessons.

We could see this repeated for the next 2 months right? Like what happened the last 2 weeks.
Steam depots changing their numbers. Without firaxis actually saying anything.
Perhaps this is for the best. I would welcome a big payed expansion or dlc package.
And the longer this takes. The bigger the update might be.

We could see this repeated for the next 2 months right? Like what happened the last 2 weeks.
Steam depots changing their numbers. Without firaxis actually saying anything.
Perhaps this is for the best. I would welcome a big payed expansion or dlc package.
And the longer this takes. The bigger the update might be.
We could see this pattern for the next year for all we know. We are currently at a point where none of our previous reference points really map to what's going on.

On the other hand, we could also get a patch announcement literally any day now. They already had things in what appeared to us to be a state of readiness for either a patch or DLC release but then we got nothing.

What was about 75% guess work, is right now roughly 99% guess work in terms of our prognostications.

We could see this pattern for the next year for all we know.
I would think, Ed wants to get "it" out of the door before the marathon - so he is free to participate & enjoy ...
Runner still not running.
We should join for a support meeting once in a while.
Maybe that's the way?! We should try to conduct an online Séance and accumulate all our spiritual power in our Holy Prophet, who is perhaps going to close his eyes and focus on the words 'alter ego' ... would he be able to receive pictures of running men??

edit: "it" = 'patch to end GS which leads to an announcement of XP3'

That's two evenings in a row (in the U.S.) - are they pulling late hours trying to finish up something? Or are the depots being updated from somewhere else in the world?

What hours were they deployed for USA?

I'm not sure if this helps us know anything more but if STK refers to more than "Stack 1" it may be a vague clue. Rise and Fall the achievements say RAF and VSV respectively.
Examples:

Rise and Fall
RAF_ACHIEVEMENT_21
RAF_ACHIEVEMENT_22

Gathering Storm
VSV_ACHIEVEMENT_18
VSV_ACHIEVEMENT_19

"Runner"
STK1_STATS_ACHIEVEMENT_04_5
STK1_STATS_ACHIEVEMENT_04_2

"STK" could be the codename like Vesuvius was for Gathering Storm, thus the VSV.
Again this is just speculation or I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom