[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hope is that an xp3 has been planned this whole time and is just awaiting the official announcement next month.

Isn't that the hope of everyone in this entire thread? ;)

My hope is that an xp3 has been planned this whole time and is just awaiting the official announcement next month.
I surely do look forward to November (and if we get the expansion announcement, subsequent months too). If there is something I really love about the expansions, it's the fun of the great amount of discussions one can read, and obviously, also guessing of what the next Civ and leader is, with the entirety of CivFanatics and r/civ subreddit working together to analyze every single small clue to the slightest details, and the fun of Firaxis trolling us when we expect something (anyone remember Sarah spinning the next location prophecy globe at the end of one livestream? :D). That was the only thing that slightly disappointed me in GS - most of the important stuff has been spoiled before the expansion was even announced. I hope to see again wild discussions about what the next leader should be based on the clue we get on Monday and on Thursday livestream clues... It's obviously going to be Tamar of Georgia!

Yeah. The Great Leak of GS ruined the guessing game. I still think it was deliberate to make sure no one lost their minds about Byzantium not being in.

I refuse to believe a Civ game can be considered complete without Babylon, in particular. All of them really but especially Babylon.

It’s 5x the risk this time.

If the fans don’t get the long-awaited Byzantium, Babylon, Maya, Portugal and Ethiopia back on this unprecedented 3rd XP, expect 5x the crazy to be unleashed.
Which would set the stage for further DLC down the road. Seems like a good marketing ploy to me. :p

Although once the particulars of any civ are revealed, half the die-hard fans are disappointed it doesn't look like their vision for it. But most will buy it anyway.

If we don't see all four of the Mayans, Portugal, Byzantines, and Babylon, I consider that a major tell that they intend to extend the tail of the game even further, whether by DLC or a 4th expansion :eek:.

I am less committal about Ethiopia. If it is the only one left out, I wouldn't be surprised.

If we don't see all four of the Mayans, Portugal, Byzantines, and Babylon, I consider that a major tell that they intend to extend the tail of the game even further, whether by DLC or a 4th expansion :eek:.

I am less committal about Ethiopia. If it is the only one left out, I wouldn't be surprised.
Out of the great five (Ethiopia, Babylon, Byzantium, Portugal, Maya), I'm the most confident about Maya and Portugal reappearing. Portugal is the last of the major colonial empires missing, and the one that started the age of exploration. Plus it would be strange to see Brazil and not see its mother empire in game. Maya, I think, I don't have to describe.

Byzantium I'd put on the third place of the most likely - it's way too huge of a fan favourite to be ignored by Firaxis. There are only two things I fear about Byzantium - first being that Byzantium will be represented by alt-Roman leader, the other is return of Justinian or Theodora. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if Byzantium appeared in the first place, but having their rule being constantly picked over other good rulers in thousand years of Byzantine history saddens me a bit, especially considering that their rule over the Byzantine Empire was not that great either. I'd like to see a Komnenos (be it Alexios I, Ioannes II or Manuel I), or Basileios II Bulgaroktonos (great opportunity to include Varangoi LUU), or Herakleios, or even Michael VIII Palaiologos. Civ VI went for some innovative and brave leader choices (like Wilhelmina, CdM, Eleanor or Chandragupta), so I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised with the Byzantine Empire, too.

Ethiopia is on the fourth place for me. It's the most recent of the five in the franchise, but it would sort of fill the empty region of East Africa, and it's an ancient and culturally rather distinct Empire. And then there is an amazing opportunity to add Menelik II, too...

Babylon being omitted I fear the most. On one hand, it's the last missing core Civ that appeared since Civ I, on the other, Firaxis might find itself in a difficult position to design the Babylonian Empire to look distinct enough from Sumer.

Civilization 6 without Napoleon would be silly. Together with the 4/5 much missed nations named in last pages. There are also some other big powerfull leaders that are surely missed around ww2 time period for example.

Civilization 6 without Napoleon would be silly. Together with the 4/5 much missed nations named in last pages. There are also some other big powerfull leaders that are surely missed around ww2 time period for example.

A third leader for France? Really? When so many other civs could badly use a second?

Also, I will never forgive Napoleon's sudden but inevitable betrayals in Civ V.

Civilization 6 without Napoleon would be silly.
We do have Napoleon in the game already - as a great general :p

Also, since Firaxis likes to play with us and troll us sometimes, it would be a great troll if they gave us Napoleon for France. Napoleon III, that is :p

A third leader for France? Really? When so many other civs could badly use a second?
Agreed here. China, Egypt or Persia could get one.

Also, I will never forgive Napoleon's sudden but inevitable betrayals in Civ V.
I've just remembered my first game of Civ V thanks to this! I played on Earth map as Brazil. Rio de Janeiro was somewhere in Egypt, Napoleon in North America. He still attacked me. I solved it very simply though... I paid Suleiman to declare war on him. The self proclaimed most brilliant military mind in all world's history ended up losing a large chunk of his Empire to the Ottomans :D

There won’t be a 3rd leader for France.
My hopes here are on China or maybe Egypt. America is a contender but I hope not as I quite frankly don’t enjoy playing as Teddy.

alternative option Charles V leads Germany and Spain

oh and Alexius Komnenos as emperor of Byzantium please

Napoleon has been skipped before this in Civ 3, for Joan of Arc.
I find it crazier that they skipped over Elizabeth I, who had been in every game until now.

As for WW2 leaders who do you want exactly? :shifty:
I mean John Curtin and Wilhelmina are fine and enough for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom