[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you guys want to talk about leaks/leakers, but I'd like to remind everyone about the existence of ExoticNight, who seems to be AssemblingTyphoon's alter-ego!

- When the storm livestream showed up, someone predicted the expansion name would be A Rising Storm. AssemblingTyphoon then shows up and says "Close. Very close." and includes a link to a reddit post by user ExoticNight, who says "The real name is probably something like Gathering Storm."
- ExoticNight makes a 'prediction' on Reddit that the expansion will be called Gathering Storm and contains the following civs: Canada, Hungary, Inca, Mali, Maori, Ottomans, Phoenicia, and Sweden. Which, as we all know, is exactly how it is in our timeline...
- Someone on Reddit says a leaked image of a ship looks like a Barbary pirate ship and that they expect the Ottomans to be in. ExoticNight replies "Maori, Ottomans. Two out of eight!" and includes a link to AssemblingTyphoon's post on this forum accurately 'predicting' the 8 civs in GS.
- ExoticNight also successfully 'predicts' natural disasters and nuclear plants that have a possibility of a meltdown. Of the relatively few posts ExoticNight made on Reddit, every single one was correct.

So yea. ExoticNight is probably the same person as AssemblingTyphoon, and had inside info. Thus, I expect a third expansion to arrive, and for its name to include synonyms of 'exotic' and 'night'. Inclusion of the word 'exotic' has me suspect that there will be new trade and colonial mechanics.

The only problem with that theory for third expansion purposes is that ExoticNight joined reddit in October 2018. I'm not entirely convinced that a third expansion would have been definitely decided upon, let alone a title chosen, by that time.

I could imagine them having decided on the name this early as long as it is another reference to Churchill. I actually have a ridiculous tinfoil hat theory on that, wrote about this in our guessing game thread. (Also, keep in mind, it's properly tinfoil-hattish).

Wonder if we could find another account of this guy, if ExoticNight alludes to the name of the next expansion, and AssemplingTyphoon was getting at the last one, wouldn't it be fitting that there's maybe one for Rise and Fall? I mean, a longjumping buffalo is fated to lose attitude after going aloft. :mischief:
now THAT'S ridiculous

Could it be that they were planning a third expansion but Humankind's sudden announcement scared them off?
It sounds unlikely, then, that Humankind could have affected development of an expansion already in progress
If you really want construct a relation here, you could try it the other way round: (SunTsu, know yourself and know ...)

Could it be that they weren't planning a third expansion at all, but the anticipation of a possible next 'endless step' as well as perhaps some rumour led to the decision 'so let welcome them with some Flak' - or as dshirk phrased it: "We are not done yet!° ;)

ExoticNight

Trade and Twilight - An expansion dedicated to trade, colonialism, health, and revolution.

Jokes aside. All this speculation bomb is starting to be very annoying. We lack the absolute minimal level of communication here.
What I mean:
1. Is Firaxis planing third expansion (yes, no, possible)
2. Is Firaxis planing more DLC (yes, no, possible)
3. Is Firaxis planing more patches - like previous ones (yes, no, possible)
4. Is developing of Civilization VI is over. (yes, no, possible)
Come on, this is absolute basic information which we deserve.
If Firaxis would say that it is over than ok. Maybe I would be a little bit disappointed but at least I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Give us something!

Jokes aside. All this speculation bomb is starting to be very annoying. We lack the absolute minimal level of communication here.
What I mean:
1. Is Firaxis planing third expansion (yes, no, possible)
2. Is Firaxis planing more DLC (yes, no, possible)
3. Is Firaxis planing more patches - like previous ones (yes, no, possible)
4. Is developing of Civilization VI is over. (yes, no, possible)
Come on, this is absolute basic information which we deserve.
If Firaxis would say that it is over than ok. Maybe I would be a little bit disappointed but at least I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Give us something!
Sorry, I don't blame them one bit for not saying anything until they're ready to say it.

Trade and Twilight - An expansion dedicated to trade, colonialism, health, and revolution.
dedicated to trade, colonialism, health, revolution & Pirates!

BTW: Venice#Italians
this is absolute basic information which we deserve
possible, possible, yes, no

I'm hoping the "Night" refers to secrets and shadows and includes an expanded espionage system.

....okay when I'm speculating off of someone's username I need to get off the internet for awhile.

Sorry, but it is not a matter of blaming someone.
It is just the basic information I need as a customer. I will explain to you why we should all expect it from Firaxis.
This is basic customer information. If someone has a certain amount of money in their budget to buy games and possible Civilization VI third expansion is on the list - lack of this information is blocking your purchase decisions. Even more, if you lose your patience and allocate all your budget into other games than it is not good even for them... Games today are more and more services and a predictable publishing cycle is very desired.
I do not expect anything more. Just a simple answer. Yes or no.
Then we can start craziest speculations. About third expansion or Civilization 7. It doesn't matter.

If I am looking at correct page (I even forgot how I got it, I think someone here mentoined the SteamDB page) there has been quite a lot of commits for QA for Max and Linux.

Sorry, but it is not a matter of blaming someone.
It is just the basic information I need as a customer. I will explain to you why we should all expect it from Firaxis.
This is basic customer information. If someone has a certain amount of money in their budget to buy games and possible Civilization VI third expansion is on the list - lack of this information is blocking your purchase decisions. Even more, if you lose your patience and allocate all your budget into other games than it is not good even for them... Games today are more and more services and a predictable publishing cycle is very desired.
I do not expect anything more. Just a simple answer. Yes or no.
Then we can start craziest speculations. About third expansion or Civilization 7. It doesn't matter.
IDK, the way I see it, when they have something to announce they'll announce it.

ExoticNight = UnknownShadow = ForeignStalker = Beyond Earth II: Alien vs Predator /s

I do think the way ExoticNight is formatted does hint to it actually being a clue. But the timing makes me think it's much more likely it refers to a working title rather than an actual release title.

it's much more likely it refers to a working title rather than an actual release title.
"working title" yeah, been there, done it: leave home early in the morning when it's dark outside, return much, much later, notice it is still dark outside then ... even more work, stay in the company 'the whole day', stop shaving ... then anytime is release. title.

I could imagine them having decided on the name this early as long as it is another reference to Churchill. I actually have a ridiculous tinfoil hat theory on that, wrote about this in our guessing game thread. (Also, keep in mind, it's properly tinfoil-hattish).

Wonder if we could find another account of this guy, if ExoticNight alludes to the name of the next expansion, and AssemplingTyphoon was getting at the last one, wouldn't it be fitting that there's maybe one for Rise and Fall? I mean, a longjumping buffalo is fated to lose attitude after going aloft. :mischief:
now THAT'S ridiculous

If you say stuff like that people will start thinking you're the leaker, like it happened with Terminacarnival.

LongjumpingBuffalo may be another alter-ego of AssemblingTyphoon and ExoticNight. AssemblingTyphoon linked his reddit account, and also there's the obvious manner in which the nicknames are capitalised. Longjumping got a mix of correct and wrong answers, however. But he did get Eleanor right.... I mean, how the hell do you get Eleanor right if you're just guessing? So I'm pretty sure it's the same person.

A LongjumpingBuffalo could be a reference to the method of hunting Buffalos. They would be driven UP a cliff (or Buffalo Jump) and then FALL to their deaths. But this sounds a bit too cryptic when compared to AssemblingTyphoon.

The question is, if you already know about Longjumping Buffalo, why didn't you just mention him, rather than trying to be cryptic yourself?

I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!
---

Just to remind people of Typhoon's comment regarding Exp3:
"I think there'll be two more expansions for Civ VI rather than just one so Maya, Byzantium, Portugal, Assyria/Babylon, a Native American Civ, Ethiopia would be very likely for Expansion 3."

Which means we are getting Maya, Byzantium, Portugal, Assyria OR Babylon, Ethiopia and a Native American Civ... :shifty:

So maybe 3 alt leaders? Or most likely this was early phase and they didn't have all of them at the time, which would explain the Assyria slash Babylon bit

Civ 6 - On Foreign Tides
Night = Eventide, Nighttide (archaic) + some old references LonjumpingBuffalo gave to a user here saying the 3rd Exp would be called Time & Tide. I think. I'll look for the post. Edit: found it, but it was in reference to the 2nd Exp.

Exotic = Foreign

I thought about that, but ignored it because it sounded a bit too contrived.

However if LongjumpingBuffalo stands for Rise and Fall, then it's not that cryptic after all...

Last edited:
ExoticNight

Also has marriage elements and Vlad the Impaler.

I haven't said this in a few pages, but the whole "we need to add health" thing continues to drive me nuts. Health=Housing. Replace the two words in your head and you basically have a health mechanic. If you want to tweak it, makes all the sense in the world. Let's please not double it up with redundant systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom