[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a part of one of the live streams about gathering storm this year.
One of the developers said, maybe it was Dennis shirk, something like: We still have a lot of really good stuff - stay tuned.

In this moment i thought - okay, nice there will be another expansion.

Another point is the survey they did. They were aware of the problem of release models and costs. What they wanted to know was, what are the wishes of the community and which costs are justifiable. I dont believe they did this survey only for Civ7.

May im wrong, but i think there will be a expansion.

P.S. Also this post from November 22nd https://twitter.com/FXS_MisterKevin/status/1197953043817541633 contains XOXO. Using binary arithmetics, this converts to 1010 = 8 + 2 = 10. We can assume that the announcement comes in 10 days starting from November 22nd, which gives us December 2nd (Monday). This contradicts my previous post, but still deserves to be mentioned.

Really gotta go sleep, it's nearly 5AM where I live...
This feels so much like we are i' an Umberto Eco book

Well, no teaser yesterday, but I'm expecting something in ~8 hours or so. They usually post around the same time each day.

It's important to note that things might have been delayed due to the PS4 multiplayer/controller issues. Looking at the replies to their tweet yesterday, it was 99% snark and criticism about fixing the issues on PS.

I hope they give out an update to the game now,
plus a full version of the world builder. And an announcement for a 3 expansion. That would be good..

I truly hope we did not get all worked up for nothing.

Either way I guess it shows Firaxis does not communicate enough with the player-base :undecide:

Either way I guess it shows Firaxis does not communicate enough with the player-base :undecide:

While I agree to a point, they'll never go out and say clear as day "we're working on a new expansion and will announce it on [date]".
Us getting hyped over nothing is part of the strategy. We're getting something before Civ 7 drops, be it today or another time.

Personally I find Firaxis one of the better communicating game devs to be honest.

I agree with the building of hype strategy.
If I were a game dev, it's when I would be finished with a game and moving on to new projects that I would communicate this. Ideally before the last patch/update is released.

“Personally I find Firaxis one of the better communicating game devs to be honest”

In what way? Firaxis is infinitely worse compared to paradox. Except 2-3 weeks before a patch or 2-3 months before an expansion. Firaxis communication strategy is pretty much ignore your fanbase, fill social media with meaningless fillers. And play dumb.

What if we promise something and wont deliver? I bet the internet would explode. Its all amateur PR crap.

I'm not sure how this hype got started. Is there really enough room for a third expansion? There's never been an expansion in other civ games.

I'll be incredibly excited if they can squeeze another expansion out of the game. But I completely understand if they don't do it. The game feels almost complete as-is.

Now there is certainly room for a few new leaders with more DLC. After that, they could release some "gold" or "complete" edition of the game.

Now there is certainly room for a few new leaders with more DLC.

Think the majority of us are more excited about the wonder/civ/leader additions, rather than new mechanics. The game itself has plenty of bells and whistles already.

Is there any reason to think any update will come today? I mean that in a verbal sence. Why are we expecting this communication aside from the "around this time last year" etc.? Have the builds been updated in a significant way? Are there teasers on social media?

I would love a 3 Xpac, but I would love a fully funtioning world builder and mod access even more. I have nearly 1900 hours in CIV VI, and I find that I finish far fewer games than I used too. Late game is just a click fest, and even if someone wages war it's either game over or didn't hinder much.

I dont know how some of you feel it's complete. Maybee with mechanics and stuff. But for me the AI is to bad at wars. I get easily bored and play V instead. Need more updates to the game and realese the mod source. The AI cant even use ships yet after these years

I dont know how some of you feel it's complete. Maybee with mechanics and stuff. But for me the AI is to bad at wars. I get easily bored and play V instead. Need more updates to the game and realese the mod source. The AI cant even use ships yet after these years

AI improvements can be made through patches. I feel it's complete in the sense that there are probably enough mechanics in the game as-is. They and units can be improved via patches.

New civs/leaders through DLC.

Not sure I see enough for a third expansion. Hopefully, I'm surprised, though.

AI improvements can be made through patches. I feel it's complete in the sense that there are probably enough mechanics in the game as-is. They and units can be improved via patches.

New civs/leaders through DLC.

Not sure I see enough for a third expansion. Hopefully, I'm surprised, though.
Yea, og course. I guess it has enough of that so er could get some patches and new civs.
Would like that the AI could build more cities to. To fill up the map, it's empty on bigger maps

I really like, how Amplitude Studios clearly communicated the end of the development for 'Endless Legend'.
Sure, I was unhappy to learn that there wouldn't be any further DLCs in the future.
But at least it prevented unbased speculation and unfulfilled hope.

I do remember Civ5, where I always thought that there might be one or the other additional civ just around the corner after the second expansion (or actually already after the first one).
While they didn't communicate otherwise and it's therefore not their fault, the pointless waiting was quite frustrating.

So, yea... I am hoping for another Civ6 expansion.
Again.
But as Firaxis didn't state anything in this respect (or at least nothing non-secretive), this hope is tainted with doubt and reading this forum associated with a dash of anxiety.

People keep saying that there’s never been a third expansion for a Civ game. Why does nobody remember Civ II Test of Time? It’s the only Civ pack I never got, but I remember seeing it in stores with a big hourglass on the cover and the promise of linked maps - the only time that’s ever been done in Civ to my knowledge, where you could theoretically enter a tile that transports the unit to an entirely separate map, or launch a mission to Mars that opens a second Mars map in which to continue your expansionist agenda.

EDIT: Okay, so I just looked it up and there is some argument over whether Test of Time counts as an expansion. It was called “Civilization II: Test of Time,” but many viewed it then and now as a stand-alone spin-off variant built on the CivII engine to compete with Call to Power.

Last edited:
In Steamdb, on the main Civ VI screen it says that there was a Last Record Update 13 hours ago, but there aren't any changes in the Depots themselves that I can find. Does anyone know what that means?

Edit: spelling correction

Last edited:
“Personally I find Firaxis one of the better communicating game devs to be honest”

In what way? Firaxis is infinitely worse compared to paradox. Except 2-3 weeks before a patch or 2-3 months before an expansion. Firaxis communication strategy is pretty much ignore your fanbase, fill social media with meaningless fillers. And play dumb.

But there's been one expansion a year and how many patches a year? So basically they are "ignoring" us except for the quarter to half of the year that they aren't. What else is there to talk about?

"Update: still can't tell you!" No thanks. When there's something to say, they'll say it; as we've seen.

Last edited:
But there's been one expansion a year and how many patches a year? So basically they are "ignoring" us except for the quarter to half of the year that they aren't. What else is there to talk about?

"Update: still can't tell you!" No thanks. When there's something to say, they'll say it; as we've seen.

Indeed. From the patches and expansions that we've had so far, it's clear that the game developers read and listen to what we're saying, too. And, they do sometimes respond to questions or suggestions on Twitter and the like.

Paradox talks more, but they don't say much of anything. Their development diaries are just ads to get you hyped for whatever half-baked expansion is coming up in a month. I don't much care for that style of communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom