G-Major 137

Although I can understand it (see my recent rant), I hope you don't fully retire WastinTime. In any case, thanks again for revealing some great tricks, that enabled a lot of us to greatly improve our space games.

Admittedly 1045AD isn't much to brag about in this company, but previous to this gauntlet it would have been a pretty decent game, which is a testament to how far all the knowledge in this thread has moved the goalposts.

Gratz Sera :goodjob:.

Great gauntlet, i had a lot of fun playing it and i can say that this was prbably moust complex game i ever played, realy challanging.

Allso Grtaz to everyone who participate, like some1 montioned ealier completing this gauntlet is definitely huge achivment in civ 4.

All other deity lvl players should play this game if they wana proove something to themselfs, in gameing.

And theres 1 thing witch makes me :lol:, this games takes us 50-70-100-200 hours and diference beetween top 3 was 5 turns beetween 4th and 5th 1 turn. In such a huge game this is ridiculous :lol:

Congratulations to everyone who participated, and especially those who managed to complete this true marathon of a gauntlet! :cool:

It was quite a wild ride!

I do feel that this game filled a need that I've been missing from XOTM games, in that players can seek advice and help each other as a game progresses, due to each person's game being different from each other.

That said, it is quite a testament to the community here how people were willing to share their detailed secrets with their competitors while the competition was ongoing. It's reasons like this one that keep drawing us back to Civ 4 and the forums; it is about the people more than the game (although the game itself is great, too).

Gauntlet Results:
G-Major 137 - Space Colony, Deity, Ancient, Large, Marathon
1st Seraiel 695 AD
2nd Kaitzilla 705 AD
3rd bcool 720 AD

Congratulations!

Wow, such close dates! :eek:
Didn't think I'd come so close to being 3rd.

This was the biggest GMajor in history and everyone clearly pulled out all the stops. :D
Especially Seraiel, the #1 winner. :goodjob:

I'll have to look into WastinTime's dom limit pumping strategy.
It's so insane, it's insane to even attempt such insanity.

Thx @ all again for your congratiulations :) . I'm glad I came out on top of this Gauntlet, and it says something, that many of you are congratiulating those, who have finished a game, not mattering with which date. This Gauntlet was such a Marathon, that I agree with this, finishing a game alone already showed great dedication this time.
Most glad I'm about that I could pay back Kaitzilla for GM-134. I didn't achieve to win 1000y earlier like he did, but I feel like we're more even again. I sure have gained great respect for him and bcool, and if this wasn't TBS but judged more on time spent, they'd have won by a great margin.

I thought about proposing a Gauntlet on Large Marathon for Highscore, but I'm not so sure about this anymore after this game. It would have the same chances at getting as legendary as this Gauntlet, but I'm still worn out, so I'd be absolutely not ready for another 300h game at this time. A year from now I could imagine something like this, at the moment it would only be a waste.

Please declare Kaitzilla as the winner of this Gauntlet. I took drugs to stay awake so my win is not legit.

My apologies to everyone. :o

Last edited:
Please declare Kaitzilla as the winner of this Gauntlet. I took drugs to stay awake.

My apologies to everyone. :o

No worries, CFC doesn't (yet) test players for performance enhancing drugs. :hide:
I personally consumed enough Caffeine to kill every insect on Earth for this gauntlet.

Hell, half of professional orchestra players are on Beta Blockers to calm nerves.

Last edited:
I'm actually a little concerned about what has happened with @Seraiel. Partly due to reading between the lines of the above post.

It would be good to see him back one day, or at least hear what he's been up to. I hope he is alright.

IIRC he was taking a rather long academic leave. Probably, too busy with all the studying he has to do now without spending ~100 hours on a single game, and he is a kind of player who only plays with full commitment.
My very first post on CivFanatics! Sorry I know this isn’t related but finally figured out how to make a post

Top Bottom