G-Major 137

Assuming that is correct, it is tricky to get working properly on Terra. Suppose AI colonies apply too, however, so that will help. In my limited experience, the AI tends to liberate their NW lands sooner or later.

Hmm, interesting. So the person earlier who thought he had a 51% limit to deal with, but had in fact 57%, didn't get that due to different settings, but inadvertently using this tac-xploit?

(Don't recall the exact details, so it could ofc be due to settings as well, but I assume this is the "right question" you mentioned)

I thought bcool said he used minimum opponents in one game so it started with 56%. I didn't realize anyone had increased it during the game, but elitetroops found one.

The "right question" was specifically asked "can you raise the dom limit?", but no one answered. Or at least no one answered correctly ;)

Assuming that is correct, it is tricky to get working properly on Terra. Suppose AI colonies apply too, however, so that will help. In my limited experience, the AI tends to liberate their NW lands sooner or later.

yea, I think AI colonies do count, and yes, it would be easier on B&S maps.

This is not exploiting, this is bugusing.

I'm not sure it is a bug. Keep in mind, if you're going for a domination win, then 51% is easier, so you normally wouldn't want to increase that number. We're using what is designed to hinder fast domination and turning it around to use it to our advantage.

Tested on huge with 17 opponents. Raised it from 51% to 74% by killing 16 AI and creating 16 colonies.

Impressive! So you need to kill off AIs too, it's not enough to keep making new colonies? Say kill off a few AIs (bound to happen), then create 20 colonies. Or are we limited to a certain max opponents no matter what?

Impressive! So you need to kill off AIs too, it's not enough to keep making new colonies? Say kill off a few AIs (bound to happen), then create 20 colonies. Or are we limited to a certain max opponents no matter what?

Playing it, you would learn pretty quickly that the game will not allow you to create a colony at all until someone is killed. You can't ever have more than 18 civs.

You, your opponent, and 16 vassals.

I'm not sure it is a bug. Keep in mind, if you're going for a domination win, then 51% is easier, so you normally wouldn't want to increase that number. We're using what is designed to hinder fast domination and turning it around to use it to our advantage.
I'm not sure how allowing colonies without increasing the limit would help domination victories. Creating colonies and losing half their territory sets you back anyway. Raising dom limit by adding civs is completely backwards anyway. Maybe at some point in development increasing the number of opponents lowered domination threshold and they overreacted to that by making it raise domination threshold.

Anyway, I think this is a "feature" that cannot be banned. If you play huge with max opponents, it is very likely to happen no matter if you want it or not when the AI creates colonies.

Playing it, you would learn pretty quickly that the game will not allow you to create a colony at all until someone is killed. You can't ever have more than 18 civs.

Okay, I (and AIs) have never created enough vassals for it to become a problem.

In an older BtS patch, you could decrease the domination limit by founding colonies - it was calculated, in effect, from the number of player slots used. Now it's #players - #colonies so that the domination limit doesn't change when you found a colony. The number of players increases in step with the number of colonies.

It's almost certainly an oversight that #players and #colonies come out of sync when there are already 18 civs (alive or dead).

I wonder if you could arrange for a newly liberated colony to die very quickly in war, recapture the cities, and repeat.

I wonder if you could arrange for a newly liberated colony to die very quickly in war, recapture the cities, and repeat.

Already been there :goodjob:

It's complicated. It kinda worked for me, but there were some pitfalls.
It's a pain because when you liberate a colony like that, it gets all your advanced tech AND a couple basic defenders (which can be muskets, etc) Whatever your draftable unit is I presume. So I had to gift a lot of knights/cats to a backward AI to get them to conquer my vassal.

Already been there :goodjob:

It's complicated. It kinda worked for me, but there were some pitfalls.
Didn't work for me. :dunno: The domination limit seems to be determined by the amount of original opponents that show up on the scoreboard. In my test, the killed colony showed up last on the list and was the first to be pushed off when the next colony was created, leaving all original opponents intact. Domination limit was not affected.

Kill 16/17 opponents and replace them with colonies, then there is only one original oponent left on the scoreboard and domination limit is same as for duel map (74%). You can still take it one step further and get rid of all original opponents from the scoreboard. This requires that an AI creates a colony that can be left alive, I think. Unless a colony of yours can break free somehow. Unfortunately this only increases it to 76%, was hoping for some weird glitch with 100% or more when the game thinks there are no opponents... :mischief:

You can still take it one step further and get rid of all original opponents from the scoreboard. This requires that an AI creates a colony that can be left alive, I think. Unless a colony of yours can break free somehow. Unfortunately this only increases it to 76%, ...

Clever. I had not thought of the 76% trick. 8 million score is looking more possible.

Ha, doesn't matter who wins the gauntlet anymore. I win the thread and the 'find a trick WastinTime didn't know about'-award! :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

You should have played this gauntlet. I think you even promised to play when certain conditions would happen, then they happened, and then you ducked :splat: . Let me show you what you deserve :trouble: .

Didn't work for me. :dunno: The domination limit seems to be determined by the amount of original opponents that show up on the scoreboard. In my test, the killed colony showed up last on the list and was the first to be pushed off when the next colony was created, leaving all original opponents intact. Domination limit was not affected.

That was one of the "pitfalls" I referred to. It's been a couple years, but IIRC, I found a way around that problem.

The migration is going quicker than expected. Thunderfall will close Civfanatics.com tonight (Friday, July 24) at 10 PM Eastern time.He expects the site to be down for the entire weekend, perhaps longer if the migration doesn't go smoothly. Check our Twitter or Facebook pages for updates. (You don't need a Twitter or Facebook account to read the information.)
FYI...

Top Bottom