Game Balancing Issues

Kailric

Jack of All Trades
Post any game balancing ideas or suggestion here. Like if you feel a certain aspects of the mod needs to be increased, say faster research of techs, or slowed down... things of that nature.

At the moment I feel that the free production each city receives needs to be increased. For one the vanilla game was only designed to have a certain amount of buildings you have to construct which we have increased greatly, plus we start off with fewer buildings. As such you have to really focus your Production efforts and don't have any room to build none essential buildings. I feel also that the AI gets penalized greatly because it was not initially designed to have this many buildings. So, I am going to play around with the CIV4YieldsInfos.xml under YIELD_HAMMER as it is there you set the <iCityChange>1</iCityChange> to give each city free production. I am thinking to change it to 2 or 3 at the most. I will mainly test the AI on this but if anyone wants to test this out from a player's perspective please do.

Post any game balancing ideas or suggestion here. Like if you feel a certain aspects of the mod needs to be increased, say faster research of techs, or slowed down... things of that nature.

The game balance is very individual and depends on the playing style of each player. It's very difficult to find the best option that will suit most of players.

To my opinion the best solution is when the maximum number of parameters displayed in *.xml files and everyone can adjust the game to own wishes.

The game balance is very individual and depends on the playing style of each player. It's very difficult to find the best option that will suit most of players.

To my opinion the best solution is when the maximum number of parameters displayed in *.xml files and everyone can adjust the game to own wishes.

While this is true, we still need an "Officially Balanced M:C" mod. Just like TAC mod, you wouldn't be able to have a "Game of the Month" if everyone just changed the mod to fit their playstyle. Plus I am working on improving the AI and as such it's the programmers that control the playstyle of the AI. In this situation I notice the AI doesn't focus on Hammer production early on so this could cripple them. I am going to looking into improving their building production one way or another.

Considering how rapacious the pope is in his demands, I'm spending most of the game excommunicated. I can still win--I don't need religion points. I buy workers at full price. I think you need to moderate his demands so the choice is less attractive just to ignore priests entirely.

At the moment I feel that the free production each city receives needs to be increased. For one the vanilla game was only designed to have a certain amount of buildings you have to construct which we have increased greatly, plus we start off with fewer buildings. As such you have to really focus your Production efforts and don't have any room to build non-essential buildings. I feel also that the AI gets penalized greatly because it was not initially designed to have this many buildings. So, I am going to play around with the CIV4YieldsInfos.xml under YIELD_HAMMER as it is there you set the <iCityChange>1</iCityChange> to give each city free production. I am thinking to change it to 2 or 3 at the most. I will mainly test the AI on this but if anyone wants to test this out from a player's perspective please do.

I don't know what you've already done by v.2.0h, but I agree that building is a little too slow.

Top Bottom