Game exits when entering city screen

Quasar1011

King of Sylvania
Hello, I've been adding to my mod and play-testing it. Several times I have had the game crash, and give me error messages as to what file is missing, etc. But I recently added an "Ancient Palace" small wonder. The wonder splash works fine. But several turns later (the latest game I had just discovered invention), when I try to enter a city screen, the game simply exits without an error message. I have re-checked that I have all the files needed in the PediaIcons.txt and Civilopedia.txt. What am I missing? :confused:

I can continue with the game, as long as I don't enter the city screen, by the way. That's not going to work!

I've been having this same problem myself forever. I've asked for solutions, feedback=nada. I personally think the game engine needs updating (as if that'll get done).
I never used to have these problems on the old architecture, when the game still newish.
You can still play that game, but you can never build a new city cuz the first thing they do is pop open the city view and BLAM to the desktop. :cry:

If this is on Vista or later and you have Civ3 installed in the default location, modding and save games become very tricky due to VirtualStore "protecting" the Program Files folder.

Uninstall then reinstall to a non-protected location, like c:\users\public\games\civ3 as in the video in my sig and you won't have the same problems with modding files.

Top Bottom