Game Font Editor

It's something about that 6th cell. I tried clearing all the rest of the cells on the row, importing other images into the 6th cell, adding and removing marks, nothing seemed to help.

I finally ended up just removing the first grey face icon and shifting all of the other icons one space to the left and they all appear as expected. Maybe the issue is because of the smaller cell on the row above?

Weird. I compared your file with BUG's and they look similar in this row and the one above. A possible affecting difference is the extra row below it, but I have no idea how it has anything to do with this :dunno:

Released version 0.5 (download in the same place) with a couple of bug fixes:

- Bug fix: Could not find rows if 'rows fixing' was disabled (i.e. max corrupted pixels = 0), even if no corrupted pixels were found.
- Bug fix: Image type is identified even if renamed and of unusual size - looks for '75' in the file name.

Is it safe to pull this out of beta? Or are there any more important changes that I need to make first?

New version works great for me, thanks!

Works perfectly for me too
You can safely pull it out of Beta :goodjob:

Works great, but there is something that may need tweaking. I noticed that with the very large gamefonts that need scrolling left/right, you will get a typewriter return to the left margin after performing a clear/import, etc on a box.

It took me a while to understand what you mean, but I found the problem and fixed it. Will try releasing another version soon.

Anything else that needs to be in it?

Asaf, thank you! this utility is awesome! how im using it:
*open source/example gamefont
*export cell to a tga file
*open default gamefont
*select empty cell
*import tga file
*save

boom! a custom gamefont.tga with new corporations in 10minutes. thanks again!

Thank you for your work, Asaf. I do not know how complicated was to handle the font files before because I have always been using your app, but from what I see in other comments you saved me a lot of work :)

I have a question. Would it be very complicated to create a console version of the Game Font Editor? I would need an import operation (load a font file, load an exported TGA file, import it into cell (X, Y) of the font file, save font file) and a clear operation (load font file, clear cell (X, Y), save font file).

I'm asking because in my modmod I work using multiple source code branches, and some of them need to define different font files that I need to be able to merge easily. To achieve this, the best method would be having "clean" game font files, many exported files that define each one of the font icons, and a text file that defines in which cell each one of those files must be placed. A simple script would take care of generating the font files using the Game Font Editor after compilation. That would allow me to merge different parts of my work automatically.

Hello
I wanted to use Game Font Editor but I had an error message (see the attached file). But I already used properly...
Thanks
AdelineJ

Attachments

• Pb_GameFontEditor.zip
    217.6 KB · Views: 251
I'm having a strange problem with this utility. when I launch it, it appears in the taskbar but the main window stays hidden, like it was alt-tabbed out.

any ideas?

windows 7, 64 bit.

when you mouse over the button in the taskbar the window appears above in thumbnail form as it should, but no alt-tabbing or anything else I have tried can make the real version appear.

Top Bottom