1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Game freezing after 62, 73 turns etc

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Knasp, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Knasp

Knasp Chieftain

I started playing the latest version of GitHub (16/11) and after 62 turns the game froze after Ending the turn. The music still plays and I can move the cursor, but if I click anywhere the game freezes. Reloaded and continued playing a couple of turns, and then it froze again. Reloaded and played a few turns (til' turn 73) and then it happened again.

Playing with DLC Civs: Aztecs, Nubians, Macedonians and Persians, and R.E.D.

In the logfiles I find both Errors and Warnings, so I attached all those files (don't know which are relevant)

Attached Files:

Gedemon likes this.
  2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thanks, I'll try to fix the database/modding error, but I don't think that the crash is related to any of the warning/errors.

Do you have an idea of the memory usage ?

3. Knasp

Knasp Chieftain

I didn't check memory usage yesterday. When I started playing today I had Windows Resource Monitor in the background. Memory usage was about 50%. I continued from turn 73 and played to turn 165 when it froze again. At that time I had 71-73% memory usage.

Also noticed some other weird bugs:

My units do not get supplied with armor from cities, even though there's plenty bronze- and iron armor stocked. I know these pictures are from different turns, but I swear I had armor stocked in the earlier picture.

Is it because I'm broke (running a minus treasury?) because I have ignored that so far. I don't see how I could improve my economy without disbanding all my units. Is there something to the economy that I'm missing?

I did notice that my Reinforcement/Resupply costs went down when I moved one of my units out of supply. Is it supposed to work like that?

Is it correct that culture flipping isn't implemented yet? Otherwise this is weird:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thanks.

I'll look at the bug for armors not being send to front line.

The economy will need constant balancing, not the priority ATM. Exploring and creating import/export trade routes is the only way to make enough money, until taxes are added (which comes after re-coding the social classes)

Edit: as we're buying their reinforcement, I'm adding selling loots (at half market price) when linked to a city as a source of income for units.

I'm adding a Debt property to the players to keep track of how much you're loosing BTW.

Tile flipping happens at 65%. Culture Diffusion is a placeholder until population migration is implemented, tile flipping is a placeholder until we can change diplomatic deals, and Revolution has to be implemented too.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Knasp likes this.