Game options review

I have a general aversion to 'NO' options such as 'No Advanced Combat' because it just makes it confusing. Better to have Advanced Combat, not 'No Advanced Combat'.

I have a general aversion to 'NO' options such as 'No Advanced Combat' because it just makes it confusing. Better to have Advanced Combat, not 'No Advanced Combat'.

I agree on the principle, but then it'd probably need to be off since every visible option is off (also much easier to understand). That's your module, so up to you ;)

I agree with you both. Even if Advanced Combat is "supposed" to be on, you've left off other things like Advanced Diplomacy, Advanced Espionage and Usable Mountains, so have the game start without AC by default as well.

I don't see why there cannot be some suggested 'on' settings set by default.
New players might be more reluctant to test the other options if there is a set of suggested options; therefore I argue for inviting the new player to experiment with the game options for themselves, without biases.

I don't see why there cannot be some suggested 'on' settings set by default.

It's more intuitive to have the "core C2C experience" with no option checked, and have the options tweak this base bame by checking them. And here it'd be the only checked option (maybe with Usable Mountains), lost in the middle of the options pack.

It's more intuitive to have the "core C2C experience" with no option checked, and have the options tweak this base bame by checking them. And here it'd be the only checked option (maybe with Usable Mountains), lost in the middle of the options pack.

Problem is from whose perspective is this "core C2C experience" coming from?

JosEPh

Problem is from whose perspective is this "core C2C experience" coming from?

It's simply the one you have when you're letting every option to its default value, or lauching a game with "play now" instead of a custom game. This one at the very least should be interesting to play and balanced; if that's also the case when playing with additional options, all the better.

It's simply the one you have when you're letting every option to its default value, or lauching a game with "play now" instead of a custom game. This one at the very least should be interesting to play and balanced; if that's also the case when playing with additional options, all the better.

I guess we shall see then. Soon?

JosEPh :)

Top Bottom