Game Saturn

I hope not. Sadly the intrest level has dropped considerably now that the modern age war is about to begin. Partly the reason is probably that next turns will be quite time consuming to go through and not everyone have this time currently.

The supercontinent alliance is just scared of losing. Our alliance is all ready to play! :king:
;)

Edit: Yay 6th totp why not

Game is back on and sadly I had to play both Toch's and Lord Parkin's turns currently. I hope they would find some time to finalize what they have started.

"Lord Parkin" declared war on Joshua and turn order:
* Joshua-Lord Parkin

Alright, hopefully they'll slip in next turn and take back over.

I'll try to contact Dux asap to finish his move, but he'll have to log onto MSN messenger. May have to repause it but he should be ready to play as soon as he finds out.

Err... if someone could pause it for whenever Dux gets online that'd be great. I will if I have to but I really don't want to log in out of turn...

Edit: Right, I can go ahead and use his neutral account... hopefully someone can contact him, (I left him a message on his offline msn messenger...) otherwise once I get back home tomorrow afternoon I'll go ahead and unpause the game and continue without him.

Be ready!

Okay the game has officially resumed. Hooray funtimes! I finally get to play with my glorious invasion fleet that is probably larger than any I've ever used in a game before. Hopefully it won't get wiped out before it reaches the shores eh :run:

To keep the turn order sane, even though not everyone is at war with everyone (yet), these are the special rules...

(Saturn Alliance: Giger, Joshua, Dux, Clamburger, Hercules -- Supercontinent Alliance: Lord Parkin, Elkad, Plako, Toch)

- There are 48 hours on the turn timer
- The Saturn alliance members should all attempt to make their move within the first 24 hours of the timer. If one waits until less than 24 hours are left and someone he is currently at war with then make his move, the Saturn member's turn is considered "skipped" and he can't play his turn.
- A Supercontinent alliance member can only log in if all the Saturn members have made their moves, or there is less than 24 hours left on the timer.

Pretty much common sense, but might as well lay them down. It's alright if things aren't very strict right away as we begin everything up again and everyone finds the game... Parkin needs to rise up from the grave at least

Also issue with dux, he upgraded to 3.19 and doesn't have the computer memory to spare for a dual-install. Do we upgrade the game or find a replacement? I really don't want to be subbing for anyone for very long, I don't have the time and would prefer a fun fair fight with everyone controlling a single nation.

Sorry guys, I'm really struggling to find the time to do anything civ-related these days. Have become way too busy lately, unfortunately. :(

Ah well, hope you all enjoy the endgame. I'll try to come back for a while if I get a chance in the next 3 weeks (after that I leave for Germany), but I'm not hopeful.

Aww I wanted to fight you.

We certainly won't enjoy the end game if it's just me and Giger vs. plako! Elkad is missing... and we need a replacement for you and toch and dux, meh.

:( I shouldn't have paused the game for such a long time. The game seems half dead.

I hope Elkad is still playing.

Is Hercules also away?

Maybe we could go this through with just 4-5 players which control all the nations. .

Well I guess I can return to take over my civ, allowing giger to fill in for someone else? I was kind of a douche. Emperor and I worked out a lot of our issues, or my issues. :)

But I understand if you guys don't want to.

EDIT: Not sure how many turns I missed.

Well I guess I can return to take over my civ, allowing giger to fill in for someone else? I was kind of a douche. Emperor and I worked out a lot of our issues, or my issues. :)

But I understand if you guys don't want to.

EDIT: Not sure how many turns I missed.

I welcome you back. You have lost only few turns. Game has been paused most of the time.

is Giger willing to switch and which nation or nations he would replace?

I can cover for hercules too if he is gone, as he is on the same island I am.

Makes sense. Giger could replace Dux or Clamburger or both. If Elkad would be able to play and maybe take over either Lord Parkin or Toch,this would be quite good setup for the final.

Lord Parkin's not playing any more so you can jump in huh. :p Giger probably wouldn't mind switching. We should probably repause the game just so we can figure everything out, and get the stragglers back together. Like have everyone who's still around log onto their civ while the game is paused.

Dux can't play without us upgrading the whole game. Clamburger should still be able to play, he had "computer difficulties" so he missed the current turn but hopefully it'll work out. Hercules, no idea about him, but just last page he posted and said he was still around so I wouldn't replace him just yet.

I hope Elkad's still around. Maybe you will be able to grab two other decent players from Parkinworld to replace Parkin and Toch?

Edit: Paused game but anyone who is still around should log in and check things out.

So should we start recruiting people. If I understood correctly Giger could replace Dux and all other players except Toch and Lord Parkin are playing?

Would it be possible to patch for 3.19? Then Dux would be able to constinue and Giger could replace either Parkin or Toch or would that be too much of an advantage to our side having a player from your side to play on our side?

If I see Toch on MSN I'll ask, if he could come back. While he is not directly involced in war his turns can be played quite fast. Then we would only need replacement for Lord Parkin that shouldn't be big problem. He is 2nd in Score and in top 3 (1st in MFG and GNP) in most of the categories except power. Which makes things quite intresting in my opinion when Joshua having biggest army is approaching.

Yeah I really wanted to show off my army to parkin, I think it's pretty impressive compared to anything I've used in single player! (prior to mop-up at least) Invading such an established landmass though is a pretty impossible task though so I'm not too optimistic about the final outcome. :p Should still be fun though.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if I am no longer #1 in power after that impressive whipping/drafting spree. ;)

(And Giger can't switch sides, he already knows our plans and such.)

Lord Parkin has seen at least your ships. I've sent him screenshots.

I discussed with Toch and it seems that he won't be available to play. Main reason is actually his badly working internet that makes playing this size of a map too annoying and time consuming.

As you probably did see Elkad was able to play his turn. He also told that he could be playing also LP's turns in case it is nescessary so I could concentrate on Toch and me.

However we can also start advertising. Toch's position is free to take and I guess LP's also.

Toch asked me to sub, but seeing as the game is still on 3.17 ... :(. I would really like to play though.

It would be great, if you could sub Toch.

Giger and others, How do you feel about patching?

Top Bottom