Game Settings and Leader Choice

I like the idea, but I think we need to go with the best in-game leader. ;) Though I do want to put a preference, the leader we choose is agg. I never play MP without agg, it's too valuable in wars.

Alright, 10 of us have given a top three of the leader that best embodies our strive for dominion and wild amazon parties. The choices were based on a wide variety of reasons, ranging from aesthetic motivations and masochistic preferences to such mundane interests as economy and growth rate. Surprisingly, two leaders have scored considerably better than all others that were considered.

Outcome:
1. Cyrus 15 point
2. Capac 11 point
3. Suleiman 7 points
4. Mansa 5 points
5. Followed by 10 leaders that got 3 points or less.

I will start a poll in which we can choose between the two most popular choices: Cyrus and Capac. :king: :king:

hmm, maybe we should make a poll on the public forum, "who is the most attractive leader?"

My vote is Lizzy for sure. Not even close.

Everyone likes Imperialistic over Expansive for growth? I like expansive more, but now I'm not sure who to pick between Cyrus and HC.

Lizzy, hatty, cathy... I don't know... I miss those AMAZON welcoming parties...

Easy way to solve this... Invite people to join Team AMAZON!

Also there's nothing saying we can't have other types of parties. In fact I think it'd be encouraged.

I think the strongest traits are Fin and Aggressive.

These all can play a role throughout the entire game and give a boost no matter what sort of game we end up playing.

A second tier trait would be Philo which can be incredibly useful. In the previous game team Kaz was only able to make partial use of the philo trait (due to the need for extreme unit whipping) but it gave us an immense tech boost over all the other teams.

While I generally don't find Spiritual to be a great trait - I think it could be very helpful for a team like ours that will be doing a lot of micro managing.

I find the imperial and expansive traits to be greatly overrated. It does help to be able to expand quickly - but the limiting factor in expansion is rarely production of settlers of workers - it is the econ crash that happens from growing too fast. These traits also become fairly irrelevant very quickly once teams stop the initial rush to expand. In the last game, Team Kaz was easily able to keep up with expansion with civs like Team Cav - the issue was that we got boxed in and could no longer expand organically.

I am also not a huge fan of industrious. Getting certain key wonders can be a huge boost - but it is a very hit or miss thing - and we have to assume that other teams will be just as aggressive on this as we would be. In my view industrious is only a good if we have an early game wonder gambit strategy. And this generally is a fairly high risk ploy. I would rather play an aggressive civ and capture wonders that others build for us.

Since I was on team Kaz did Fin/philo (English) in the last game I would like to try something different. I think the vikings could be a great option - and the UU will force opponents to heavily fortify all coastal cities - which will be a big resource suck. I have also always liked Alex of the Greeks the UU is is impervious to its only early game counter and Aggressive gives a huge amount of military flexibility (the fact that it is practical to upgrade units to amphibious units is a huge plus in my view).

Another great civ that others have already discussed is Mali. It has a beast of a UU and one of the best UBs as well. While Spiritual is generally not considered a must have trait - it can give a lot of flexibility to a micro managing team.

Just did a post about some teams I like.

I would also like to suggest redoing this poll. List all of the leaders that have been mentioned thus far - and let everyone pick 2 or 3 to include in a final poll. Then have a final vote on those leaders. Right now we are voting on people's 1st impressions which may have changed as the pro's and cons of each civ is discussed.

Top Bottom