Gamecrate interview with new details, including no prereqs in tech web!

Not saying it will (or should) be this way, but they could make it work by having the cost be higher the further from the main thrust of your research you stray.
Of course higher-level techs will be more expensive -- they say as much in the interview -- but that is not enough to keep players from skipping intermediate technologies and going right to the end. It would be a terrible system.

Having watched the PAX panel, it seems that the way the tech web works is that there are indeed prerequisites: you can only research techs that are adjacent to what you've already researched. You can move outward to the next tier, or laterally within the same tier, but either way that's still a prerequisite, it's simply not a "fixed" prerequisite.

That's just crazy.

I honestly don't know whether this will make good gameplay or not... It seems illogical at the very least.

I suspect someone (either us or the interview) doesn't understand everything just yet. I'm sure it'll be explained better at some point.

I think the 'links' is correct.

ie you ca research any tech linked to one you already have...

If Fission (cost 2000) is linked to Atomic theory (cost 1000) and Fusion (cost 3000)

Then I can research Fission if I have Atomic Theory OR vice versa.

So i can move in any direction on the tech web that a link all
Out... To a more expensive tech
Around... To a similar priced tech
In... To a cheaper tech

That i think is th big difference... If i need to research Fission, i need either Atomic theory (ceaper tech) OR Fusion (more expensive tech)...

Like using Steel to allow me to research Iron Working

I think the 'links' is correct.

ie you ca research any tech linked to one you already have...

If Fission (cost 2000) is linked to Atomic theory (cost 1000) and Fusion (cost 3000)

Then I can research Fission if I have Atomic Theory OR vice versa.

So i can move in any direction on the tech web that a link all
Out... To a more expensive tech
Around... To a similar priced tech
In... To a cheaper tech

That i think is th big difference... If i need to research Fission, i need either Atomic theory (ceaper tech) OR Fusion (more expensive tech)...

Like using Steel to allow me to research Iron Working

Maybe it will look like the map from the Boardgame power grid:

Spoiler :

With a base cost depending on tier and a connection cost, so 'Terraforming' base cost 1000 beakers leads to the more expensive 'advance terraformin' base cost 1500 beakers via a path that is free, instead you could research a nearby branch tier one tech for 1000 beakers plus a connection cost of 200....

Skickat från min GT-I9195 via Tapatalk

Top Bottom