GameFlood Downloads for Version 0.25

GFGuy

GF_Nate from GameFlood
Greetings from GameFlood, Everyone!

With the new release of FfH2 version .25 we've been pinged pretty hard over the past few days; but I'm very happy to say we have only seen one or two individual issues come up. I still wanted to make sure though that everyone gets the absolute best experience possible with our site both now and in the future (and to make sure everyone gets their copy of FfH2 ASAP!), so I put together a little proactive post of troubleshooting tidbits and background info about GameFlood and about using our site.

GameFlood is unique in the modding community in that we have our very own content and installation manager that is not specific to any one game or one publisher's games. If you choose to install our download manager, then from that point on all of our managed content listings will be fully managed installations by the GameFlood application with the single click of a button. (Not everything is managed yet, but we're working on that! :)) You are never required to install the application, however, and downloads will always work with *or* without the manager installed.

The first time you try to download anything from GameFlood.com, you are prompted to choose between managed downloads and regular HTTP downloads. If you choose to use the download manager, you're also prompted to install it, and you are able to go about downloading from our site from there. If you choose not to use our manager :)(), then you are still able to access all content in a downloadable form with no installations or anything required from us. The thing to remember is that we store your choice as a cookie so that we know your preference for your future visits. If at any time you change your mind about how to access the site, you can always go to http://www.gameflood.com/manager/ and simply click your new decision.

The problem we see the most when anyone has trouble downloading from the site is that they have saved their download preference as being managed by the GameFlood application, but the application installation is either corrupted or was never completed. Of course, we would prefer for you to just go to http://www.gameflood.com/manager/ and install the manager, but we understand that not everyone wants that. As much as I love to evangelize about the GameFlood application and how awesome it is :)D), if you still don't want to use it you only need to go to http://www.gameflood.com/manager/ and change your preference.

When that's not the problem, more troubleshooting is usually necessary. I am personally available to assist anyone via PM here on the CivFanatics forums, and we have our own support forums on the site that we can assist you from as well.

Special note to developers: if you ever have any questions about posting your content to the site, please let us know via any of the above methods!

Since the new FfH2 release, I've seen some reports of people getting an error that says "GFC must be upgraded to continue," or something similar. I've been testing things this morning and I have not been able to reproduce this error myself. If you have gotten this error, please send me a PM with the following file:

C:\Program Files\GameFlood\gameflood.log

...either copy-and-pasted or added as an attachment.

Thanks everyone, and if there's anything i can do to be of any assistance just let me know!

->Nathan
GameFlood Support

Thanks Nathan!

Every hosting site has its share of issues, but Ive never seen one as helpful and quick to get those issues fixed as GameFlood.

I like Gameflood it's better than Rapidshare & 3DDownloads. Not as good as a torrent ;) but still pretty good

GameFlood you rock! I'm always hesitant to download software such as your download manager so I was glad to have the option not to. I've made 4 FfH2 GF downloads and they have all worked like a charm. In the future I will also download some BF2 and AOE files. I like how you've set up your site, and I find it easy and pleasant to use with fast downloads and no waiting. And I very much appreciate that it is advertisement free. And I am pleasantly surprised that you've proactively taken the time for customer service here; and previously during the Mod Contest. Cheers!

I read your "About Us" to better understand what your site is all about and what has motivated you to go to such time and expense to create this great service. I think for my next download I will take advantage of your download software. But I had a couple questions first that I think may be shared by others...

What is meant by "Automatic Updates for Your Content"? When I open my web browser, will your download manager automatically connect with your site looking for updates to content which I had previously installed? And would it automatically begin to install those updates? If so can I disable that feature?

I can see how the download manager could benefit me; but how would me using it benefit you?

Thanks for the service GameFlood! And thanks Nathan for your help!!

GameFlood you rock! I'm always hesitant to download software such as your download manager so I was glad to have the option not to. I've made 4 FfH2 GF downloads and they have all worked like a charm. In the future I will also download some BF2 and AOE files. I like how you've set up your site, and I find it easy and pleasant to use with fast downloads and no waiting. And I very much appreciate that it is advertisement free. And I am pleasantly surprised that you've proactively taken the time for customer service here; and previously during the Mod Contest. Cheers!

I read your "About Us" to better understand what your site is all about and what has motivated you to go to such time and expense to create this great service. I think for my next download I will take advantage of your download software. But I had a couple questions first that I think may be shared by others...

What is meant by "Automatic Updates for Your Content"? When I open my web browser, will your download manager automatically connect with your site looking for updates to content which I had previously installed? And would it automatically begin to install those updates? If so can I disable that feature?

I can see how the download manager could benefit me; but how would me using it benefit you?

Thanks for the service GameFlood! And thanks Nathan for your help!!

First, thank you for the kind words; I'll make sure to pass the feedback along to the rest of the team here! We're always looking to see what we've done right but also how we can improve, so if you ever have any suggestions for us please let me know! Now, to address your questions specifcally:

"What is meant by "Automatic Updates for Your Content"? When I open my web browser, will your download manager automatically connect with your site looking for updates to content which I had previously installed? And would it automatically begin to install those updates? If so can I disable that feature?"

The short answer:

The update ability is actually a built-in functionality of the GameFlood application, rather than something like a plugin for your browser. It has a settings menu that will let you choose between automatic or manual update-checks, and only updates content when the actual application is running. You have full control over all of that via the application settings, checking for updates as often or little as you like.

The long answer:

All of your content and content updates are managed with the GameFlood application, but only if you used it to install them (a content scan is a feature we have discussed internally but I have no other details on it at this time). The option to update your content is handled specifically in the GameFlood application settings, which you can access by right-clicking the application icon (GameFlood Globe) in your system tray. When you right-click that, you will get a menu with a settings option to click. The first tab in the settings dialogue has the toggle-box you can check to look for content upgrades at the startup of the GameFlood application. If you don't have that checked, the same right-click menu (or a right-click on the content listed in the actual GameFlood application) will have an option to manually check for updates whenever you like.

Special note regarding content and updates:

Content has to be published to the site in a method that is compatible with our manager in order for managed installs or upgrades to work, but that's a publishing/development issue so I won't bore you with it here. :)

"I can see how the download manager could benefit me; but how would me using it benefit you? "

Traffic. There's other things as well, of course, but traffic is important. Traffic is proof that there's a real, physical community out there who's supportive and enthusiastic of user-created content, proof that they're active, proof that the good games live on in the hearts and work of dedicated fans. Traffic is a tool we can use to help make more games more community-friendly... ever try to mod a sports game? Night. Mare.

Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

->Nathan

Thanks Nathan!

You don't often see the kind of helpfulness and support you're providing here and I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you.

Yes, very impressive.

Hi, i'm having a problem with the download manager. This is what the error says:
Script exec error: t72.lua:68: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil): -1

This is just a quick bump to an old thread. If you're having problems, PM me here or at GameFlood and I'll help you out.

Where exactly does the download manager place the file? For the life of me, I can't find where it saves the file, and if I 'right click -> play now' it through the download manager, it gives the error message Civkid mentioned.

When i try to download ffh v.30 the file isn't completely loaded, only a small fraction of it is. I am using the download manager, any help will be greatly appreciated. I also had this problem trying to install v.25.

i'm getting pretty impatient with this is anyone else getting any help? I've PMed GFGuy but no response (its been like 10-15 mins)

To extrapolate, when I look at the GameFlood manager, it shows "Fall from Heaven II 0.30, Loaded, Ready." When I click 'Play Now', this shows up in the gameflood.log file:

Spoiler :
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:52 2007 Got URL: gameflood://play/TITLE/72/PROD/3/ID/11919/
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:52 2007 Got Verb: play
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Loading script: t72
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Checking server version for t72.bin...
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Server version is 1 (t72.bin)
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 t72.bin validated OK
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Loading script: common
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Checking server version for common.bin...
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Server version is 9 (common.bin)
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 common.bin validated OK
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Script [common] version is 9
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 GFS> GameFlood common library version 9 initializing.
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Loading script: copy
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Checking server version for copy.bin...
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Server version is 3 (copy.bin)
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 copy.bin validated OK
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Script [copy] version is 3
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 GFS> GameFlood extended filesys copy support version 3 initialized.
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Loading script: installdb
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Checking server version for installdb.bin...
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Server version is 3 (installdb.bin)
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 installdb.bin validated OK
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Script [installdb] version is 3
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 GFS> GameFlood base installation support version: 3 loaded.
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Script [t72] version is 1
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 GFS> Checking to see if file exists: f:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 GFS> Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword support is initialized
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Play: TitleID=72, ContentID=11919, Verb=play
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 GFS> onCatalogLoaded - New content install path: E:\*snip*\My Games\Beyond the Sword\GFData\GFM11919-0\
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:53 2007 Init: catalog version is 3
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 Authorizing:
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> Download complete -- installing content
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> Free space: 6772 mb
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> xcopy src dir E:\*snip*\My Games\Beyond the Sword\GFData\GFM11919-0\
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> xcopy dst dir E:\*snip*\My Games\Beyond the Sword\
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> xcopy fspec E:\*snip*\My Games\Beyond the Sword\GFData\GFM11919-0\*.*
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> E:\*snip*\My Games\Beyond the Sword\GFData\deps.db is version 1
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> 1 files to consider...
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> Conflict table:
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> < Conflicts >
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> < System Conflict Files >
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> Installing fileset
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> E:\*snip*\My Games\Beyond the Sword\GFData\deps.db is version 1
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> E:\*snip*\My Games\Beyond the Sword\GFData\uninst_11919-0.db is version 1
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> Done.
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> Free space: 6772 mb
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> err 0
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS>
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:54 2007 GFS> t72.lua:68: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:56 2007 T-Verb...
[ WKR 0] Sun Dec 16 00:26:56 2007 Script exec error: t72.lua:68: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil): -1

Under 'My Docuements\Gameflood Data\', the 'Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword' and "Unmanaged' folders are empty, and the base folder contains three .xml files that make reference to FFH2 0.30 and its size. However, searching my computer, I am unable to find "Fall FallfromHeaven2030.exe".

Got the same problem. Tried to DL the previous version, same thing. I really like this mod, but this way it's hopeless.:(

hmm... looks like he's offline (GFGuy)

to add to what you mentioned there's DAT files having to do with the mod at C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache

not sure how to open these but might be key to getting the files

Every time I have ever tried to download anything off Gameflood, it always redirects me back to the original page for the mod/scenario, etc. that I am downloading. I've never successfully downloaded anything off Gameflood, using any browser.

Other download sites work fine, and other site which use cookies to remember information work fine. This problem seems to be unique to Gameflood. I can just wait for my roommate to wake up and download FfH 2.30, but eventually I'm not going to have a roommate, and it would be nice if I knew how to get it to work on my own machine.

did you click the "Download content without installing the Download Manager" link?

Top Bottom