GameFlood Downloads for Version 0.25

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After 5 hours of waiting and crossing my fingers i finally downloaded it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :run: :run: :run: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :D :D :D :D :D

Do you still have your download manager running in your system tray? If so, right-click it and close it, then try the process again. Let me know if that was the situation.

Nope I uninstalled it (for the third time this morning) before trying your fix. The manager route does allow completion(x3), followed by disappearance as described in your fix post

I just got a loop on my home machine here, but it wasn't never-ending. The first time I clicked to download I got brought to the screen that reloads, but then I just clicked play, and then download via browser, and the download started. Also, I tried it in Firefox but the download launched before any loops, so it looks like I have some nice feedback for our Dev's next week. :gripe:

The important thing is that so far the loop hasn't repeated for me. What browsers and versions are you using?

I just got a loop on my home machine here, but it wasn't never-ending. The first time I clicked to download I got brought to the screen that reloads, but then I just clicked play, and then download via browser, and the download started. Also, I tried it in Firefox but the download launched before any loops, so it looks like I have some nice feedback for our Dev's next week. :gripe:

The important thing is that so far the loop hasn't repeated for me. What browsers and versions are you using?

Principle browser is Firefox 2.0.0.11 I've even tried Netscape communicator 4.8. What I'll do is download via the manager tomorrow evening. I appreciate your help but you're up way early/late. (I've been able to repeat the looping ten times in a row and then got bored)

Principle browser is Firefox 2.0.0.11 I've even tried Netscape communicator 4.8. What I'll do is download via the manager tomorrow evening. I appreciate your help but you're up way early/late

Hehe, no worries. :)

It odd, that's the version of FF I have that started the DL right off. Can you try on IE? Also, don't install the DL manager at all; just make sure you don't opt to use it on the http://www.gameflood.com/manager/ page. In fact, maybe it's a process-flow problem we're having; try clearing out your cache first (make sure that when you clear the cache that you also put a checkmark next to the "cookies" option as well), close and re-open FireFox, then go to http://www.gameflood.com/manager/ and select "Download content without installing the Download Manager." That way we can make sure it starts from a clean slate. Let me know what happens!

PS: :woohoo: farmer!

Passing out... Send PM's, will be back soon as i can.

ZzzZZzzzZzZZZZzzzzzZZzZzzZzzzzzzzzzz........

Ok my situation appears to have been caused by Zone Alarm running in the background, switching it off when starting the download has enabled me to begin the d/l without problem but selecting option "install files". GF-Guy thank you sincerely for all of your attempts to help it's rare to see such great service

I would like to rescind my statement, "I hate Gameflood." I was angry, and frustrated, and tired, and drunk. I don't hate Gameflood. I just find it irritating from time to time.

At least I finally got my Shadow...Now the question...Do I start up a game and play until my date this afternoon, or do I go get that much-needed haircut before said date?

I'm torn, let me tell you.

hi
using the Gameflood dlmanager I get a message: "unable to parse catalog data"
what is to be done ?
my connection is not very good (8hours estimate time for downloading) so I can't use the regular download : the risk to stop before completion is too high; I really need a download manager to be able to resume downloading and not to start from 0
I was lucky for ffh 0.25( no stop during the 8 hours dl) and it does not look I 'll have the same luck this time (I am on my 4th try)
thanks for your help

hi
using the Gameflood dlmanager I get a message: "unable to parse catalog data"
what is to be done ?
my connection is not very good (8hours estimate time for downloading) so I can't use the regular download : the risk to stop before completion is too high; I really need a download manager to be able to resume downloading and not to start from 0
I was lucky for ffh 0.25( no stop during the 8 hours dl) and it does not look I 'll have the same luck this time (I am on my 4th try)
thanks for your help

Try this out and let me know if it works out for you:

1. Go to http://www.gameflood.com/manager/
2. Click on "Download content without installing the Download Manager"
3. Go Here: http://www.gameflood.com/Mashup/Ind...ll-from-Heaven-II-0-30/Display/intModID/11919
4. Click the "Play" arrow under the description and select "download via browser"
5. Wait for the download to complete, then enjoy!

3. Go Here: http://www.gameflood.com/Mashup/Ind...ll-from-Heaven-II-0-30/Display/intModID/11919
4. Click the "Play" arrow under the description and select "download via browser"

still nothing :(

even removed all cookies, temporary internet files before trying above procedure (and then tried above procedure both logged-out and logged-in) :(

The "install via browser" links to the file directly (it appears), and even if I open in a separate tab, or page, or copy the link and paste it in the adress bar, I get looped back :(

I'd like to known when the issue in the database is rectified. Thanks to crappy NZ broadband then only way I can download the entire 300 odd megabyte file is with the manager :/

Thanks
But I could not wait for your answer and tried another time; after 8 hours patience and finger crossing I got it
But I did try your solution and I saw that my dowload manager (dlaccelerator) was agreed; so for the next time ...

I'd like to known when the issue in the database is rectified. Thanks to crappy NZ broadband then only way I can download the entire 300 odd megabyte file is with the manager :/

Should be Monday afternoon, CST.

still nothing :(

even removed all cookies, temporary internet files before trying above procedure (and then tried above procedure both logged-out and logged-in) :(

The "install via browser" links to the file directly (it appears), and even if I open in a separate tab, or page, or copy the link and paste it in the adress bar, I get looped back :(

What browser are you using? Are you using anything like ZoneAlarm, or any other popup blockers?

:bump:

Saw a couple of other posts needing help this morning, so I'm just bumping to make sure anyone who needs this thread can find it easy.

Oh, and Good Morning to all. :coffee:

What browser are you using? Are you using anything like ZoneAlarm, or any other popup blockers?

IE7 (atleast, whatever the latest version is) ..no popup blockers active that I know of (the ones that I know of are disabled, or should be, in any case) ..no warnings that a popup is being blocked either, so I'd like to think I disabled them properly.

I had major problems with gameflood until I noticed it requires javascript to be enabled. then I could switch to downloading without the manager and it actually worked.

IE7 (atleast, whatever the latest version is) ..no popup blockers active that I know of (the ones that I know of are disabled, or should be, in any case) ..no warnings that a popup is being blocked either, so I'd like to think I disabled them properly.

What popup blocker do you use? Would you consider trying to use Firefox?

What popup blocker do you use? Would you consider trying to use Firefox?

Google toolbar's built-in popupblocker (disabled)
IE7 built in popupblocker (disabled)
Grisoft AVG (insofar as it is a popup blocker - disabled)

..tried firefox, no luck there either :s

Google toolbar's built-in popupblocker (disabled)
IE7 built in popupblocker (disabled)
Grisoft AVG (insofar as it is a popup blocker - disabled)

..tried firefox, no luck there either :s

Do you have any download accelerator or manager-type programs? Anything at all that would trigger on a download?

Top Bottom