Gandhi already confirmed as India's leader? (AGAIN?!)

This is very easy problem to solve, just bring in two india leaders into civ6. That way, people who love Gandhi can continue to play with him and then India will get to play with some other leader for once. lol

I would love for them to have multiple leaders again. If I like playing as Germany but am tired of warmongering as Bismarck, then going for culture as Frederick was fun in Civ IV.

The versatility is a definite plus. That said, I am going to predict that we will only have one leader per nation.

Leave Gandhi the hell enough alone.

I would rather Shaka have a max use nuke attribute and not Gandhi. It's fun and all for Gandhi, but it makes no sense for him to have it.

I would love for them to have multiple leaders again. If I like playing as Germany but am tired of warmongering as Bismarck, then going for culture as Frederick was fun in Civ IV.

The versatility is a definite plus. That said, I am going to predict that we will only have one leader per nation.

I use Hitler in my scenario.

I like Ghandi having the peace-until-nukes personality. It really helps differentiate him from the other leaders and is strategically interesting. Just giving the pro-nuke trait to a leader who is warlike from beginning to end is kind of dull. There need to be more leaders like Ghandi who are contradictions that depend on the state of the game.

Civ 4 Isabella was interesting for the same reason. You either love her or hate her depending on how religion develops.

But I'm tired of seeing him over leaders who were actual rulers of countries!

That is why there should be at least two leaders per country to choose (like in Civ 4).

Akbar and Asoka are probably the two standout Indian leaders.

Gandhi never had any real political power. But perhaps all leaders should be done this way?

Socrates of the Greeks?

Zarathusa of the Persians?

Jean-Paul Sartre of the French?

Immanual Kant of the Germans?

Oprah Winfrey of the Americans?

Rab C Nesbitt of the Celts?

Jean-Paul Sartre of the French?

Immanual Kant of the Germans?

Sartre of the French will decide to quit playing, since winning the game is futile; however, he'll find that he'll have to continue to play despite his wish to quit.

Kant of the Germans will decide its a categorical imperative to never give up fights, as that would be a concession to determinism and an abandonment of free will.

I basically agree with Krajzen. I don't think this sensible rationale will stop Civ serie meme of nuclear Gandhi until large amount of fan are tired of it. It won't happen soon.

Anyway, even if Firaxis is unlikely to have any other civ based in India (because it is already "represented" by Gandhi's) I'm sure modders are more than happy to fix that.

I'm sure modders are more than happy to fix that.
I hope so, better get started ASAP!

Because I won't buy this game until I don't have to see Gandhi's face again! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Novu: Damn that poster made my morning!
They show a deranged guy weaving sword across a battlefield littered with bodies and write about "a message of peace, non-violence and love".

Novu: Damn that poster made my morning!
They show a deranged guy weaving sword across a battlefield littered with bodies and write about "a message of peace, non-violence and love".

After all, Ashoka is the king who killed several to secure his throne, another 200,000 people in conquest of Kalinga before went "What have I done?" and become a nice religious guy. :D

Having Ghandi as ruler of India makes very little sense. Why not just create an Israel civ and put Jesus as the ruler. Or Rasputin the ruler of Russia.

People are dumb.

I think the single leader per Civ in Civ V was definitely a retrograde step from the multi-leader options in Civ IV. Civ V had a good range of Civ options, and understandably an additional Civ would require a lot of additional work, but I would have thought multi-leader was not a resource intensive upgrade.
Leaders are actually ALL of the extra work. Adding new civs is pretty trivial by comparison. I wanted to keep multiple leaders in 5 but it was just too expensive. I'd assume the same is true for Civ 6, but hey, you never know.

- Jon

Leaders are actually ALL of the extra work. Adding new civs is pretty trivial by comparison. I wanted to keep multiple leaders in 5 but it was just too expensive. I'd assume the same is true for Civ 6, but hey, you never know.

- Jon

That depends a lot on how much detail they use for the models I'd imagine. Civ V made them so much more detailed than the previous titles, added spoken languages(!)/backgrounds and more. I can't imagine IV's leaderheads took anywhere near the resources since they all used identical text/backgrounds and only minimal animations. Still non-zero but pretty different.

Now, what would consumers want (measured by purchases/retention of play time)? I didn't care much about them but my understanding is that they're pretty immersive to a lot of players.

Regardless, Gandhi shouldn't be a top option looking at India's history (Asoka would have been better, along with several others), and India should be far from the only civ representing that region. I don't think Mughals or Marathas (or several others) would be less recognizable to players than Songhai, Zulu, Assyria, or Shoshone for example.

And none of this "Mughal ruler of Indian civ" nonsense, we had enough of that in IV with Frederick of not-Prussia/HRE/Celts, not to mention some of V's expansion civs :p.

Leaders are actually ALL of the extra work. Adding new civs is pretty trivial by comparison

I understand that, while 1 extra leader for pre-existing civ is actually less work that 1 new civ. Player would reasonably expect two or three leaders for several existing civ. Which can used the large amount of resource equal to making a dozen of civ.

Having Ghandi as ruler of India makes very little sense. Why not just create an Israel civ and put Jesus as the ruler. Or Rasputin the ruler of Russia.

People are dumb.

Yes, people are dumb. Ghandi never held political office. He was an Indian nationalist protestor and activist but he never was at any time the official leader of India. The closest equivalent would be putting Martin Luther King as leader of America. It is absurd to have Ghandi represent India when the country has 5,000 years of history behind it.

Top Bottom