Gandhi already confirmed as India's leader? (AGAIN?!)

While it's prolly pointless to point out that Gandhi has not officially been confirmed or the opposite, you might as well rant anyway, because it seems unlikely he won't be in.

While it's prolly pointless to point out that Gandhi has not officially been confirmed or the opposite, you might as well rant anyway, because it seems unlikely he won't be in.

He was confirmed.

To me it seems like people want to split India into several civilizations. What is called India is home to many different cultures and span a very long history.

The India represented in civilization V is very much based on modern India, Ghandi/Population Growth with a Mughal reference and the elephant represent a part of Indian warfare and culture over pretty much its entire history.

This representation is like having whole of europe under a single civ ruled by Napoleon with a unique ability called maybe individualism with a caravel unique unit and castle as a unique building.

Even if you remove Ghandi and change India uniques it would still never be a correct representation of India because as long as it is a single civilization it give a very wrong representation.

The same could be said for China, no?

AFAIK The joke is That In CIV I this is because his zero value of 10 in using nukes was bugged when the rng modified it to a -2 it instead turned to 12 making him love nukes.

Close to it. His aggressiveness was set to 1 and on receiving -2 it felt into negative value. But the game used unsigned integers, so -1 was 255 instead. So Gandhi aggressiveness often becomes to 255 on the scale from 1 to 10.

...and all that is overshadowed by this stupid cliche "pacifist passive resistance! much food, much people! spirituality and ancient wisdom!" as if Indian civilisation in civ series was designed by middle school girl.

...But no, it will again get personality of a passive pushover idiot incapable of threatening human player (as in civ5), a food overpopulation bonus, an elephant and introduction text mentioning poverty (civ5) and focusing on Gadhi's life.

Seriously. India gets mischaracterized, misrepresented, and stereotyped more often than any other civ in the series.

Civ V's UA didn't capture the spirit of the people, just that they bred like rabbits. And Civ IV's UU was a worker... who was fast. The civilopedia entry on that game justified its existence because Indians were remarkably hardy and well-built people. This while everyone else was getting cool units.

That on top of Gandhi, who wasn't a leader and is, at this point, a running gag. Who even appreciates him? The long time fans seem to dislike him by a large margin. New players aren't going to appreciate the running gag, so it's not to their benefit. I think that Firaxis has simply wrongly equated his meme status with popularity. "We can't drop Gandhi guys, the fans love him!"

It boggles the mind. They've gone out of their way for new leaders, to such a degree that they've thrown in such oddities as Catherine de Medici, yet they still won't touch Gandhi.

With multiple leaders being nearly confirmed, it's likely we'll have DLC with additional leaders. Any new leader for India (Ashoka?) would be a great selling point for the DLC.

Since Gandhi is pretty much confirmed...

India - Gandhi
UA: Nonviolence: Cannot built military units of any kind.
UU:pacifist - Replaces all military units, 0 combat, can settle in city for 1 science

Since Gandhi is pretty much confirmed...

India - Gandhi
UA: Nonviolence: Cannot built military units of any kind.
UU:pacifist - Replaces all military units, 0 combat, can settle in city for 1 science

Second UA - Boycott - can't trade with other civs.

Seriously. India gets mischaracterized, misrepresented, and stereotyped more often than any other civ in the series.

Civ V's UA didn't capture the spirit of the people, just that they bred like rabbits. And Civ IV's UU was a worker... who was fast. The civilopedia entry on that game justified its existence because Indians were remarkably hardy and well-built people. This while everyone else was getting cool units.

That on top of Gandhi, who wasn't a leader and is, at this point, a running gag. Who even appreciates him? The long time fans seem to dislike him by a large margin. New players aren't going to appreciate the running gag, so it's not to their benefit. I think that Firaxis has simply wrongly equated his meme status with popularity. "We can't drop Gandhi guys, the fans love him!"

It boggles the mind. They've gone out of their way for new leaders, to such a degree that they've thrown in such oddities as Catherine de Medici, yet they still won't touch Gandhi.

The media keeps asking about Gandhi so clearly Firaxis seems to think Gandhi is immensely popular with the fans. :(

For the love of science and all that is logical please say this is not confirmed.
Nothing against the man (he was an admirable man), but I'm really tired of having him again and again and again. India should not have Gandhi as its leader since he never controlled the country, it should be someone who was an actual ruler like Ashoka or Chandragupta II.

While I am really tired of seeing him again and again and again, I'm also getting tired of seeing this thread / discussion again and again and again. It's over, we lost :( let's just move on.

Really? You're just going to claim he was confirmed without any reference and expect anyone to believe it?

Screenshot from civilopedia while the game being played by the chief game producer isn't enough proof?

Screenshot from civilopedia while the game being played by the chief game producer isn't enough proof?

No, it's not even remotely official confirmation.

Since Gandhi is an icon character in the game, he is most likely the first thing any dev think of and would use as dummy data for developing the civilopedia.

Many people is advocating a change with him, I personally think it's unlikely that he will be a great person instead of India leader, but I still think it's technically possible he will not lead India and I will continue to think so until they OFFICIALLY confirm him, that way I don't have to waste time being emo over my expectation being wrong.

No, it's not even remotely official confirmation.

It's quite strange view of the game development. It's 2 months till release. The game is already complete, it's bugfixing and balancing stage. What dummy leaders in civilopedia?

Mahatma Ghandi is the "poster child" of the civ franchise and on the face of the civ6 ads. It does not mean he's the leader of the India civ -- the leader of India COULD be another of the Ghandi family (e.g., Indira).

Top Bottom