Gathering patisans in neighborhoods should really be nerfed

I don't think this partisan mission is done more often than other missions.

Per @Infixo's post, it is: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-really-be-nerfed.641205/page-3#post-15347875

My own observations confirm this in games I've tracked. When a Neighbourhood exists, spies are somewhat more likely to attack there than other districts. Would take a lot more data than I've assembled to confirm this conclusively, but since it lines up with what the code says, there's no reason to expect the code is wrong.

It's only been posted once in this thread so I'll repeat just for visibility... keep an Apostle with the Heathen Conversion promotion stationed on your neighborhood. Free tanks.

It's only been posted once in this thread so I'll repeat just for visibility... keep an Apostle with the Heathen Conversion promotion stationed on your neighborhood. Free tanks.

Or Boudica. Too bad I could only use her once. I had her stationed right outside my neighborhood just for this occurrence. *Patiently Boudica waited thousands of years for this opportunity, extending her lifespan for many centuries with herbs from local medicine men. Then, upon seeing 3 modern armor on the horizon, she knew her time had arrived. She threw her tired old body in front of those 3 modern armor in the ultimate sacrifice. The men commanding the tanks, upon seeing an old woman with centuries old clothing sacrifice herself for her cause switched their allegiance and gave up their barbaric ways*.

Let is know what you find out. @Trav'ling Canuck checked out deity with many long tests and discovered the AI will not go for gold before T300.

Okay I got bored of that. My computer isn't the fastest, and I really ran out of things to do. Especially after I put fisheries in all my coastal cities. And I was running with several mods I remember, so the number isn't particularly useful. Especially with GS coming out soon. You can see some of my mods in the funny screenshots thread (I was playing as Spain). I forgot I also had Real Tech tree mod which really slowed down the AI this game, I got tired of waiting for them. I finished my game once I got my largest city up to size 30 (and I had at least a few over size 25).

I ended up really pushing city growth and amenities (everyone was ecstatic). I got hit by recruit partisans about 7 times. Even got hit 2 turns in a row. Yeah it was starting to get annoying. But it's not a big deal if you wait until late to build neighborhoods and can knock them out with bombers and modern armor armies. Near the end about half my hits from AI operations were recruit partisans, the other half was split between commercial hub steal gold in Big Ben city and attacking my spaceport. My defensive spies were stationed in Big Ben Commercial hub and my spaceport, I had too many neighborhoods to defend.

I know that Civ is not designed to literally be an accurate historical simulation, but think about all of the revolts in human history. How many come from 'neighborhoods', which I tend to think of as a suburbs? Shouldn't these uprisings start in either the City center OR in the rural/backcountry parts of an empire's realms?

I know that Civ is not designed to literally be an accurate historical simulation, but think about all of the revolts in human history. How many come from 'neighborhoods', which I tend to think of as a suburbs? Shouldn't these uprisings start in either the City center OR in the rural/backcountry parts of an empire's realms?

If its a big city neighbourhoods could well be places like Brixton or Harlem. If its not a big city it won't have a neighbourhood.

edit: But they still shouldn't be producing tanks. What would work is something like Civ II Partisans, fast, ignore ZOC, love pillaging improvements, but aren't that strong.

Top Bottom