[GS] Gathering Storm Screenshots Discussion Thread

Here are Solar Power Plant and Windmill.
Solarwindmill.PNG

There's a pool of water in the middle with water flowing out of the towers on the sides. The houses look mesoamerican or himalayan, but onion domes??
I remember very opulent royal baths in southern asia, but they don't fit with the domes. It could be a kind of bathhouse, however. Or an eastern nymphaeum.

Very zoomed in version. That looks like a figure in gold on the front of the pillar. I'm thinking buddhist temple from the imagery.

That ski resort is probably either a wonder or a district since builders can't get up on mountains to build improvements.

Ski resort wonder?

That ski hill looks like a Wonder, to me. Too large and detailed to be a simple improvement.

how are tunnels built then?
i think it's an improvement just like the beach resort. No ski resort is unique/wonderous enough to be called a world wonder...

:agree: Maybe the first ski resort in the world was a wonder? Seems a stretch lol.
If we're now tunnelling through mountains, maybe builders will be able to move onto them.

Where'd you get these shots from @Giskler ?

but artificial sacred lakes would rather point to hindu temples than buddhist ones. Sadly, the domes point to neither.
Would hindu temples have a figure in gold as a symbol? I mostly associate that with buddhism.

Would hindu temples have a figure in gold as a symbol? I mostly associate that with buddhism.
yes, but not in that shape - at least I don't remember seeing a standing robed human. But I don't remember seeing that in Buddhist temples.

The Firaxis stream.

I thought they didn't end up doing one! Dammit. I'm guessing it's not loaded up to youtube yet to re-watch? I did already stalk youtube...

yes, but not in that shape - at least I don't remember seeing a standing robed human. But I don't remember seeing that in Buddhist temples.
What else could it be then? Tengri?

:agree: Maybe the first ski resort in the world was a wonder? Seems a stretch lol.
If we're now tunnelling through mountains, maybe builders will be able to move onto them.

Where'd you get these shots from @Giskler ?
The only thing I could see is if that person got the "Winter Olympics" World Congress vote maybe. I don't think it's a wonder (obviously a blind guess here).

I'd place it in modern Iran/Afghanistan/Pakistan/Northern India. Will do a google search tomorrow.
I'm still thinking buddhism, there are depictions of Buddha standing at several temples.

I'm not 100% sure, but the mini map we saw during the livestream looks like it has neater borders that aren't as ugly looking over bodies of water.

There are buddhist temples in Afghanistan ;-)
It might be a rendering of a long lost temple or something. Could be that we need to dig into ancient lost temples.

It might be a rendering of a long lost temple or something. Could be that we need to dig into ancient lost temples.
Since it‘s Firaxis: into 19th Century romantic drawings and paintings of lost temples;-)

I've found Russian Buddhist temples with statues in the front, and gold spires- but oddly, not with domes. Instead they have an artistic flame pattern

Top Bottom