[GS] Gathering Storm Screenshots Discussion Thread

I'm not 100% sure, but the mini map we saw during the livestream looks like it has neater borders that aren't as ugly looking over bodies of water.

It also seems that the city icons are no longer of fixed size, but shrink when you reveal a larger part of the map.

I thought they didn't end up doing one! Dammit. I'm guessing it's not loaded up to youtube yet to re-watch? I did already stalk youtube...

For now, you can rewatch in on Twitch. The interesting part is the very tail end of the massive 1-day long video there :)

I thought maybe a Sikh temple...they tend to have the golden domes.

Alas, I couldn't find any on Google that resemble the screenshot.

I'm not 100% sure, but the mini map we saw during the livestream looks like it has neater borders that aren't as ugly looking over bodies of water.

Yeah, I noticed it too, seems they are darker over water.

It also seems that the city icons are no longer of fixed size, but shrink when you reveal a larger part of the map.
How can I like this harder?

For now, you can rewatch in on Twitch. The interesting part is the very tail end of the massive 1-day long video there :)

Thanks!

How can I like this harder?

I think they gave up on using a version of the strategic view map in favour of a more plain one, hopefully this will also stop rendering tiles over water as I HATE that. it ruins the prettyiness when all you see is just blobs of colors everywhere.

They were talking about how this new change lets ships dock in the city and how China has a special bonus related to it.

Edit: Ed specifically mentioned docking a ship. Perhaps we can only put 1 ship in a city at a time now? And china somehow gets a bonus that lets them dock more?

They were talking about how this new change lets ships dock in the city and how China has a special bonus related to it.

Edit: Ed specifically mentioned docking a ship. Perhaps we can only put 1 ship in a city at a time now? And china somehow gets a bonus that lets them dock more?
It looks like a beginning of a canal and China has the grand canal so something to do with that probably.

Someone mentioned pingala's abilities, do we have a screenshot of that?

Oh, nevermind. That person probably mistyped and the ability i was looking for is Liang's.

Couple tooltips that are very hard to read:

Climate change tooltip, I believe this says:

CURRENT ???

Climate Change Points
2 from World Realism
0 from Global Temperature

EFFECTS ADDED
Sea Level rises +20 meters
Lowland tiles will be submerged at or below ???
Coastal Lowland 1 meter

Polar Ice Melt 40%

CO2 levels tooltip, this one says:

Total (of?) 2 emissions adjusted by 0 percent based on the deforestation level of the planet.

The longbowman/archer is mysterious.

Normal unit in archer or recon line for all?

Hungarian unit?

Ottoman unit?

Could the temple thing be a spa or hamam?

Spoiler canal-ss :

concerning this:
first of all it doesn't look like a world wonder to me. Agreed? Just a regular "improvement", maybe a military engineer thing...

secondly I find it suspicous that the canal starts in the city and the so called "dock" is the start of the canal. I therefore would assume canals can only start in a harbor city. That's why they changed the graphics and that's why they mentioned it in the session today. It would make sense if you can only have one ship at a time cross a canal and maybe you are only allowed to enter on a city-tile...

The longbowman/archer is mysterious.

Normal unit in archer or recon line for all?

Hungarian unit?

Ottoman unit?

Could the temple thing be a spa or hamam?

Hopefully the unit is part of filling in the gaps of some of the units. I miss my Composites.

They described the canals as being able to be besides cities and water. Further, canals are specified as districts in Liang's bonuses. Definitely not a wonder.

Top Bottom