[GS] Gathering Storm Screenshots Discussion Thread

I'm not convinced that this ultra-modern eyesore in the city is indicative of a new "Future Era" city set:
It's just a single structure. Given that there's no more room in the Government Plaza, I wonder if the City Centre will play host to the new Tier 4 government buildings? I remember that it was leaked that the Tier 4 governments will have these absurdly hipster-esque names like "Digital Democracy", and a neo-futuristic skyscraper with neon lighting sounds about right for that.

Well the government buildings are one per civ, not city, so having it built in the city center wouldn't make as much sense. And it seems not that difficult to rescale the government plaza buildings to fit another.

It certainly could be some sort of new city center building though. With the advent of railroads, some sort of train station or general 'transport center' would make the most sense for a city center, but that doesn't really resemble one at all.

upload_2018-12-13_13-8-20.jpeg

If we are talking futuristic libraries, the library of Alexandria could get an upgrade in the future era and a new ability kicking in...

I'm not convinced that this ultra-modern eyesore in the city is indicative of a new "Future Era" city set:
We were told explicitly by the art director that we're getting a future era city set...

We were told explicitly by the art director that we're getting a future era city set...
Oh, that's news to me. Still doesn't look like a full city set in that pic.

So did I see the Amundsen Scott Research Center moved to Rapid Deployment or is that a new Wonder?

I will be restarting my first game until the RNG gods are so kind as to present it nearby. :love:

I think Pamukkale looks kind of awful lol :'( Did they literally just paste those water bases on top of a generic mountain? :shifty:

PRISTINE:

NOT PRISTINE:

@Giskler Great work.

Looks like Heavy Cav and Ironclads don’t need two strategic resources (respectively, horses and Iron or Niter, and Iron and Coal), or do we think this is just reflecting upgrade paths - ie screen shots show units that had earlier had already been built with horses and iron?

I know things are still being balanced, but I think it’s a big misstep not having heavy cav require two strategic resources.

Top Bottom