1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

GEM requests.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Giant Earth Map Mod' started by ijnavy, May 28, 2008.

1. Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades GEM Fanboy

Moo! I second the motion :lol:

2. Firestorm94

Firestorm94 zuh?

i'd like to see a post nuclear apocalypse version of GEM, possibly, you could use some ideas from the Fury Road mod, this might be interesting, but probably too big for most computers

3. Lean

Lean Prince

Lean here. It seems this mod is all I play these days. Anyway, I'd like to see either a WW1 senario or a Harry Turtledove Southern Victory (http://images.wikia.com/turtledove/images/0/02/World_of_1914_(TL-191).png map, http://turtledove.wikia.com/wiki/Great_War plot) It basicly revolves around the CSA winning the Civil War, and Britain and France siding with the CSA. Then then buy the Mexican states Chihuahua and Sonara. Here's an alliance map: http://images.wikia.com/turtledove/images/5/52/Alliance_Systems.png

I apologize if I'm being a bother.

4. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

Interesting storyline :crazyeye:

5. Lean

Lean Prince

Heh. It is rather confusing, as I have found out for myself. Yet, once you read the books, or just the first book, you get the drift quite easly. I was hoping to try something like this in your upcoming 1860 AD scenaro (I'm horrible at speeling, so please excuse any errors) However, this would help greatly. I understand you're very busy with real life, and your other projects, and won't be dissapointed if you don't consider it. Believe me, I myself don't expect it to be done. However, if you ever in need of an ida, you always have that one. Thank you for listening to me ramble (as I'm sure I go on and on)

Lean

6. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

Forgot to respond to this request earlier. Sorry for being so late.

I've just checked the statistic. In fact in 2005, Benelux has produced ~ 17 mil Pigs vs only ~ 6 mil cows. I set both pigs and cows as equivalent to 20 mil heads per unit on the map so thats why Pig is in and cow is out.

But I can see the validity of a Dutch cow to be included. I will add one cow somewhere in Benelux in the next release, if I can find an empty spot there ;)

7. Bastian-Bux

Bastian-Bux King

Yeah good idea, else people might start to ask what the dutch and belgique are using to make:

Edamer
    Gouda
    Maasdamer
    Limburger
    Romadur

to name just the most well known.

While the USA might be #1 in raw cheese production (though the EU together will easily top that), you have to head to central-west europe to get real good cheese, basically anything between Germany, France and Itay. Cows (goats and sheeps) to be found there in abundance. ;)

8. Aramil799

Aramil799 Chieftain

One of my favorite scenarios is the Cold War scenario by jlocke; perhaps you could take on one of those for GEM? That would truly be amazing.

9. Lean

Lean Prince

That would be nice too.

10. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

( Also pointed out by knigh+: ) The score list on the right of the in-game screen could use some work - once most civs in any GEM scenario are known, the top civs can't be seen anymore! :(

11. Traiano

Traiano Warlord

I support this idea.
    Unless you play with a resolution of 1600 x 1200 is impossible to view the whole score list on the main window, if you have over 30 civs.

12. Lean

Lean Prince

Well, you have WW2, so how about a WW1 senario? Or prehaps work on your 1860 senario?

13. Firestorm94

Firestorm94 zuh?

maybe the scrollable scoreboard in....i forget which mod, but that could be used if some1 incorporated that in, that'd be great:goodjob:

14. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

If you can tell me which mod and a link to it, I can see if I can incorporated in.

15. Firestorm94

Firestorm94 zuh?

aha! found it! clickyhope it helps:D

16. Adhesive86

Adhesive86 Warlord

Re: Scrollable scorecard, yes please!

17. Firestorm94

Firestorm94 zuh?

I hope the reason he's not responding is because hes working on incorporating it

I found a mod by someone else that is just the scrolling scoreboard, I'm downloading right now CLICKY!!!

18. s13469986133

s13469986133 Chieftain

hey dudes,y not make a scene about 300ad and 800 ad,i have rarely seen them.The former is about an era of both barbarian invasion into east and west,the latter is talking about chaos of both east and west 2.All warring states,huge numbers of kingdoms,is really funny,ist it?

19. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Ill be adding a 1955 (cold war/Vietnam war) a 2011 and 2024 (WWIII) scenario if any1 is interested.
    If any1 wants a specific scenario just ask and ill be happy to make it

20. Adhesive86

Adhesive86 Warlord

2011 sounds fantastic! Look forward to it - imagine it will be difficult to run on GEM though?