General A New Dawn discussion

45°38'N-13°47'E;13295947 said:
Enter their border with your troops... or just alt+ click on the civilization name on the score list near the minimap.

That's what I've always done. Skip the contacting and just get straight to the point :lol:

Although you do have to be careful to Alt-Click on the right civilization name. I've mis-clicked before and declared on friendly nations by accident! :crazyeye:
With Advanced Layout I can cram a lot more nations into the same list, but there's times when I'm not paying attention and the cursor is off by a few pixels and I contact or declare on a leader I wasn't intending to heh.

@45, rezca, duh, guess what, I already did all of those things. I have three fleets at the border and cannot enter, cannot bomb etc.
So I sent in 10 spies and jacked up my esp and took his cities that way and then razed them!

@45, rezca, duh, guess what, I already did all of those things. I have three fleets at the border and cannot enter, cannot bomb etc.
So I sent in 10 spies and jacked up my esp and took his cities that way and then razed them!

Can you please upload a save so that we can check?

I have three fleets at the border and cannot enter, cannot bomb etc.

The only other things I can think of would be s/he's a vassal of someone, or you have a Peace Treaty. I don't know of anything else that would prevent a War Declaration, unless it's some new bug. To be fair, you didn't exactly clarify that you already tried to do these things. You only pointed out that the other civ wouldn't talk to you, which left us only guessing that you were trying to contact them normally to declare war. So how were we supposed to know you already tried those methods?

Hey 45° or Afforess, I've updated to rev 739 and been playing my old save game on it now, but the standing army XP feature isn't applying to my units stationed in my cities. Is it because of bringing an old save game to a newer version? If so is there anywhere where I may activate this feature?

Hey 45° or Afforess, I've updated to rev 739 and been playing my old save game on it now, but the standing army XP feature isn't applying to my units stationed in my cities. Is it because of bringing an old save game to a newer version? If so is there anywhere where I may activate this feature?

I haven't tested it yet; I'll try my current game and I'll let you know.

Edit: I've done a quick test in my current game and it's working as intended and I've started my game with rev736, before changes to Standing Army were introduced. Have you tried recalc while switching revision?

Upload the save and I will investigate.

Hi!
First of all - it is great mode, really enjoying it.
As I've read balancing issues should post there.

So the question is - why upgrade of units is cost 20 gold, independently of nothing? First of all it is too cheap, second it must depends on costs of old and new units, i suppose.
Now it's good strategy - to build cheap units right before modern tech, them upgrade them almost free. It is not realistic. I completely agree that in original version upgrade was too expensive, but now it's too cheap. May be i don't understand something...
Second question - speed of "Light tank" is 4. Is not it too much? I think this unit is really too strong with this speed, it can overdancing civilization that don't use it. There are few units that have speed 4 ( very-very technological and fast) and I don't understand why "light tank" is among them. First light tanks were not faster then modern BMP or Modern armor, and they have speed = 2. I think speed=3 - it is more balanced, or even 2.5 if it is possible. Or 3 and to reduce strength a little bit.

Really? Great.
I'm playing stable 2.1 ( rev661 or something ) version.

Before I've tried one from CVS ( something like 721), but it was too unstable, so i decided to use stable version first. Is there any version as stable as 2.1, but later?

Some wooden ships (e.g. frigate) have more movement points than some steam ships.Is it reasonable for ships that use wind power to be faster than steam powered ships?What do you think of that?

Some wooden ships (e.g. frigate) have more movement points than some steam ships.Is it reasonable for ships that use wind power to be faster than steam powered ships?What do you think of that?

Surely!

At first I shared that thought too, but when I started studying about this all started to make sense.

The first Ironclads were so heavy that they couldn't put a speed near a Sailing Ship. Actually the Ironclad Gunboats couldn't even sail the ocean (so in the beggining of the XIXth century we developed ships that had a penalty won in the XIVth century).

But it didn't take long to Steamships to become faster then Sailing Ships (in the beggining they put both together, making the Steam Frigates, and then with the advancements on propulsion they could finally cast aside the sails)

Top Bottom