1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

General A New Dawn discussion

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Rezca, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Fozman

Fozman Chieftain

Not necessarily removed, just changed form. You'll need to either pillage a city until razed (units gain XP by doing this) or Ctrl-A to abandon the city (if you have "chipotle" entered in the .ini file).
    Vokarya is currently working on streamlining many of the civics. Some of those Tax Rate :mad: were removed in one of the recent balance updates. Check out this thread for discussion on that topic.

2. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Chieftain

Thank you for the quick response my friend, appreciated! :)

3. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I don't think I've touched taxation anger very much. I am taking it off of President but it hasn't been uploaded yet. Liberal and Virtual are the only other civics with unhappiness from taxation. Maybe in far previous versions there was more, but I think overall we don't want too many happy/unhappy modifiers floating around even if they do cancel out.

4. Fozman

Fozman Chieftain

This was the one that came to my mind; from a couple months ago.

5. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I forgot that I did that. I can only keep in my head the current version and whatever I have planned for the next upload.

6. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Chieftain

More on that game of mine.

I've now improved to 22 Cities.

I just finished eliminating Bismark of the German Empire.

A Bolt on addition of 9 cities to my empire, and I'm STILL LAST on the scores.

Bismark, went and biatch vassaled to Isobela, and also spun off revels in the Celtic empire, who I also had to clean up.

I was also fighting a border war with Shaka, who didn't do anything, as my border city had High walls, a castle and longbows, pikemen/Heavy pikemen, Elephants and Crossbows.

Thing is, Suryavarman II, who declared war on Shaka, ended up Biatch vassaled to Hammurabi, who hasn't done jack with what I left him. Is only on top score, due to having a vassal.

Think I'll hunker down, develop my cities with Universities, build up defences and think about who to attack next.

Push into Isobela?? Nah, I'll take one orphan city by my borders, then make peace, as she's willing to give me gold/gold per turn. I've just been fighting a holding pattern with her, as she sends troops to attack my city of Kassite, High walls and a castle, I just kill them off and capture her bombards, 4 now, lost 2 to counter attack.

Suryavarman II has 4 orphaned cities, with his Empire split in 2, so bolt on those 4, as surrounded on 3 sides by myself, and fight a war with Hammurabi?? could take a couple of cities on his far left flank, that I've now driven into curtsy off the German empire.

Van Orange is an option, but best to keep as ally on right flank. I have a string of mountains to separate us, Others are too far away, Hatshepsut has one orphaned city, that I can and will bolt onto my empire, I'm 0.9 of her strength, so what she sends against me won't matter.

Decisions decisions decisions, what's a despot to do??

1st thing is to wipe out Suryavarman II, I don't want to inherit his empire as my 3rd civ, as Shaka despises him, and they share a long common border.

More reports, Van Orange declared war on me, and I've taken 1 city already. Isobela, continues to send in single bombards, and I continue to capture them. Suryavarman II, had broken free of Hammurabi, and is looking tasty for a bolt on acquisition. Take 3 cities of Van Orange, declare peace for 40 turns and turn on Suryavarman II.

Odds are killing me, 2 losses, in 4 turns. One at 98.5%, Van Orange, and one at 99.3% Isobela, and nearly lost a 3rd at 96.5%, enemy bombard had last 3 hits on me, then I won!! combat 3 with Charge, rider!!!!!!!:mad:

All this, when the Volcano event has just happened, and I'm building Grocers all over my empire, no replacement troops.

*Edit* lol just made contact with the 2nd Continent, bought contact with one civ, then bought contact with all others from them, and then sold them to my continent, and sold my continent to the 2nd continent. Traded rudder, obsolete tech, the AI's refuse to research?? I recieved Clockworks??? WTF?? :gold: and :gold:per turn.

On Score board, all civs bar 4 are going BACKWARDS. 3 including me are going forward, and leader, who is Julius Caeser, with a vassal, is steady.

Ahh fun and games ahead, but 2 lowest civs are on 2nd continent, and only have 2 cities, with various monster civ's there??? Rut Roh.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  7. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Chieftain

An up date on my High to Low game.

I've now moved on to my 3rd and last Civ, the English (Victoria)

It would seem they spawned as rebels to the Vikings, took one city, Vassaled to the leader on this Continent, Julius Caesar, and have just stagnated in the Tundra.

Now I've dropped in, only 1 worker for Civ, I was able to trade a tech for a 2nd worker, but can't trade for any others.

When I left Gandhi, I declared war on 3 bordering civs, but unfortunately, that didn't last long.

Now that I'm Victoria, I see the only way out, is to declare war on the Vikings, but they have vassaled to my Neighbour in Justinian, and he has Cataphracts available. 18 strength Cuirassiers with flanking against siege up to Trebuchets (error here, should go up to Bombards).

I may just have to hunker down, settle a couple of tundra cities and see how the diplomatic landscape unfolds.