General A New Dawn discussion

That's a looooooong journey...
:crazyeye:
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0915.JPG

But in reality it took only 1 turn to get there. Probably a movement limit related issue.

Could it be implemented that only the Highest promotion is shown, instead of all the achieved promotions.

I.e. you have Combat 4 only showing, its assumed you've achieved combat 1,2 and 3. Instead of showing combat 1, 2,3 and 4 along with the other lower ones such as woodsman 1&2, when you have Woodsman 3.

Etc, etc, etc.

You know what? I'm asking a moderator to change the Multiplayer subforum name in "Multiplayer and Let's play", kind of what is like in C2C forum. This way we can have a place where everyone can share their Rand adventures, both multiplayer and single-player games.

Just please, for the love of God, not "Multiplayer and LP's", because all that does is show off that someone can't spell.

Just please, for the love of God, not "Multiplayer and LP's", because all that does is show off that someone can't spell.

Ahahahah, I just sent you a pm before I read your message here. I was just wondering what you were thinking about "Multiplayer and LP's". Anyway, I actually don't like the "Let's play" definition. Maybe we can come up with something better. I don't know, maybe "Multiplayer and RAND tales" (or stories, or adventures)?

That works too, but I think you'll need to ask @leif erikson or another administrator to do it for you.

That works too, but I think you'll need to ask @leif erikson or another administrator to do it for you.

OK thanks, I will. So, shall we make it "Multiplayer and RAND Tales"? Or does anybody have another suggestion?

Changed it as suggested above. If you want something else, please let me know. :)

Thank you Leif, looks OK to me unless Vokarya or someone else strongly objects to the new name and suggest something better.

Could it be implemented that only the Highest promotion is shown, instead of all the achieved promotions.

I.e. you have Combat 4 only showing, its assumed you've achieved combat 1,2 and 3. Instead of showing combat 1, 2,3 and 4 along with the other lower ones such as woodsman 1&2, when you have Woodsman 3.

Etc, etc, etc.

I will not let that happen. It is one of many things I left C2C to get away from, and I do not want to see it anywhere in AND.

I will not let that happen. It is one of many things I left C2C to get away from, and I do not want to see it anywhere in AND.

That doesn't seem like a terrible idea though. :confused:

Can you open a bit whys that?:confused: There is so much promotions that this would be right thing to do..

Etc, etc, etc.

Isn´t there a unique unit getting Woodsman 2 directly, without having Woodsman 1 ?

Aztec swordsman gets woodsman II immediately.

Why I asked is because, a highly promoted unit, can block up the screen for movement, strength, health. Also the Promotions don't run consecutively, they only seem to run in application or gaining of them. My mistake, its only combat that doesn't run in order, all the others run consecutively.

Besides, when you get a large group of units together, the promotions can run 10 lines wide, and obscure the stacks composition.

Last edited:
So here's an idea I really wish was present in the game:

City Assimilation:
If a city's central plot is within the work radius of a larger city (that is 2 tiles distance) than this city could be assimilated into the larger city. When assimilated, some or all of the smaller cities population, culture, GPP points, settled great people, buildings, etc are transferred into the bigger city and the smaller one is replaced with a Town improvement. This could be the peaceful alternative of city pillaging.

I'm not sure if it can be done or not, just hope to get 45 interested :mischief:

Top Bottom