1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

General A New Dawn discussion

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Rezca, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

I need more details (screenshots maybe?) of your situation, because it is not possible to claim an already claimed tile. However, if you do not keep a unit on a claimed tile, it will be possible to be claimed by others.

2. Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck Warlord

For some reason I can't take a screenshot, but I know my unit didn't move - it hasn't moved since I claimed the tile a hundred turns ago.

EDIT: I used WB to give control of the tile back to me, but on the very next turn the Hittite unit stole it right back. I've uploaded the save after I WB'ed the tile back to me.

Attached Files:

3. Afforess

Ahhh, ok. I believe that is a bug. I will have it fixed in the next revision. You should not be able to claim an already claimed tile (short of a war declaration).

4. Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck Warlord

Cool, thanks! :)

5. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

New rule: If you start near Charlemagne, restart.

6. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Explain? Screenshots? :)

7. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

He looooves spamming cities. That, coupled with his Imperialistic trait, makes him bloody damn annoying.

But it sure is pleasant, when at some point he loses momentum and then you conquer his 193th city with culture solely.

8. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

Been waiting for a good solid revision to update to (As well as being busy with school and IRL >< ), but am a bit curious when another 'testing phase' will open up? Those were fun :>

I figure once the current adjusting of techs/civics is cleaned up maybe.

9. Afforess

Aside from the possibility of a new civic category, I don't think existing civics will be changed/removed.

10. luftwaffles

luftwaffles Chieftain

A big thank you to the developers of this fine mod!! You really outdid yourself with it, and turned the great game which CIV was, into a magnificent game! :trophy:

I couldn't figure out where to ask these questions, though, about some things which I found worth mentioning:

1. Pillaging tiles doesn't seem to grant you any money, or does it? If not, then the 'Looter' promotion line would be completely redundant ...
    2. Likewise, the option of paying War Reparations doesn't appear to have any effect at all. Or was I missing something? :confused:

And a suggestion: Instead of adding the attribute 'Peaceful' to any pacifism-oriented civ in the DynamicName mod component, why not call it 'serene' instead, like The Serene Kingdom of China or others ... better choice of words, I think.

Thx for reading and have all a great day!

11. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

That's a much better choice, I agree, especially when you end up combinations such as "The Peaceful Pacifist Egyptian Kingdom".

Of course, serene in the context of countries means august or sovereign, rather than its more usual meaning of meaning peaceful or untroubled.

12. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Here's a saved game for some feedback on Revolutions. I think at the moment the frequency has been turned up too high. I'm playing on Noble difficulty and running Democracy/Technocracy [opened up by Independence Hall]/Liberal/Free Market/Volunteer Army/Secular/Public Works and I'm in a Golden Age, and several of my cities are still increasing in revolution index. The Donut mapscript that I'm using may be part of the problem; it seems to really increase distance maintenance costs.

I like having the frequency of revolutions turned up somewhat -- before, they stopped being a threat after a while -- but now, I'm seeing revolt after revolt after revolt. I can squish the revolts very easily because of all the combat stacks floating around, and I've gotten tons of Great General points this way, but it's still bothersome. I do think that what might be worth looking at is putting some small stability bonuses on buildings; we are currently not using this mechanic at all except for city instability from Tax Office and national stability from Porcelain Tower and Great Firewall. I definitely believe that neglected cities should revolt, but the player should be allowed to earn some stability bonuses.

13. Afforess

The Walls/High Walls seems like an easy candidate for a minor stability increase.

14. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

@ Vorkarya- From what I can see, its a problem of having capital too far away, of course they are going to forget your rule, in that 'Far Far away capital'. (London)

You've just build Versailles palace, that will reduce the rebellion, and has with the wonder building. (Unduli)

It is built at the 'opposite' end of you empire. well positioned for further organic growth down that donut arm. Same as London is.

You have a +1 "we're feeling rebellious", as they are far from an Administrative capital, and you've build no other 'Admin' type wonders to compensate.

Government civic is Democracy, which gives a +30% Revolutionary sentiment and a 25%+ city distance instability penality.

Religion - Civic is Secular, which gives a +200% instability bonus from non state religions, but you don't have a state religion in Secular, seems redundant to me

I've played a few more turns on, and building Vacillies, seems to have done the job of reducing the revolution sentiment, it keeps falling at a goodly rate.

15. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

The Village Hall line would be better (if needed at all), for at least 2 reasons:
    1) Walls are "passive" buildings that have effect only in war time, while the VH line is "active" in the meaning of taking daily care for your city and citizens (that's a reason for the maintenance cost).
    2) Walls are era dependent.

16. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Four things:

1. I would also prefer putting stability on the Village Hall line of buildings first and Courthouse/Jail/Police Station second before putting it on Walls.

2. In trying to look at the Revolution Python code, it seems distance is calculated strictly to the capital. As far as I can tell, the only thing a government center building does is halve the capital distance for that city. It doesn't affect any nearby cities.

3. Also trying to look at the Python code, it seems there was a modifier included for the number of trade routes a city had. When we removed trade routes, was anything included to counterbalance this? (Adding stability from buildings would probably be adequate.)

4. Democracy is supposed to reduce revolutionary sentiment, and Secular doesn't allow a state religion. Secular is supposed to basically wipe out any stability or instability from religion (that's why the percentage is -200%; it's very hard to read).

17. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Your right about both Democracy its a reduction, I read it as an increase due to the + sign in front of others.

For Secular, its a +-200%, very confussing, and redundant, as you don't have a state religion regardless anyway.

So as I read it, no religion, no religious tension.

18. MechatronicJazz

MechatronicJazz Warlord

I'm not sure exactly how the revolutions python code works, but I've definitely seen wonders like the Edinburgh Castle reduce rev meters in nearby cities. Not sure how, but it's made a big difference for me in some games. Usually playing on noble or prince with rev modifier turned up. I know rev was half way to being moved from python to C++ when it stopped development, so maybe some of functionality is split?

19. Pomphis

Pomphis Warlord

I have been playing AND since 2012 and only recently found out about AND 2. So my AND is from 2012 or older.

Can I install AND 2 in addition to AND ? Or does it replace AND ?

If it replaces AND, can I continue older games with AND 2 ?

20. Hrvoje193

Hrvoje193 Warlord

You don't need old AND anymore.As for second question I am not sure.