General A New Dawn discussion

I'm running Slavery (+1:mad: in all cities), that should be the +1 :mad: "We hate our government!", and Caste (+1:mad: in 6 largest cities), which should be +1 :mad: "Large cities are oppressive!"

Founded a new city, unhappiness from cities has gone to 3.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 342
@IPEX: After some thoughts, the barbarians razing all other AI is probably due to the current bug where AI units won't heal. That is a serious problem to me but I don't know how to fix that. I hope Afforess knows.

@IPEX: After some thoughts, the barbarians razing all other AI is probably due to the current bug where AI units won't heal. That is a serious problem to me but I don't know how to fix that. I hope Afforess knows.

I do know, it's just not a straightforward fix.

All right, thanks for the info.

I guess I miscounted, since I can't actually see how many :mad: I get from this line as it's obscured by a long "TXT_KEY_..."

EDIT:
This is what I see. The map is Large, and I have only 2 cities, so the malus should be 2/5= 0.4 which rounds up to 1 :mad: ?

However If you count all the other :mad:s, they add up to 8, that's why it seems that I'm getting 2:mad: from the "empire size" malus, and since I have 2 cities...
It definitely looks like you have corrupted game files. You are clearly missing the new XML changes to WorldInfos and the Text files, but do have the new DLL. How you managed to pull that off, I am not sure. I'd clean install the mod. I can promise you it's not a problem with my revision, as the SVN clearly shows I included all the XML changes and new text.

I will release the april build wednesday or thursday if you want to reinstall.

I do know, it's just not a straightforward fix.
Ok. I wonder what can have caused this.

It definitely looks like you have corrupted game files. You are clearly missing the new XML changes to WorldInfos and the Text files, but do have the new DLL. How you managed to pull that off, I am not sure. I'd clean install the mod. I can promise you it's not a problem with my revision, as the SVN clearly shows I included all the XML changes and new text.

Ok, time to DL and replace some files then.
Thanks for the help. :)

Fighting Barbarians, land or sea give NO GG points. Is that a correct statement?
I actually don't recall if they don't give points at all or if they're simply reduced

45°38'N-13°47'E;13754963 said:
I actually don't recall if they don't give points at all or if they're simply reduced

Unless something's changed recently, you need the Barbarian Generals option enabled. Fighting barbarians won't contribute to the Great General pool in any way if it's disabled. At least, that's how I've understood it.

Unless something's changed recently, you need the Barbarian Generals option enabled. Fighting barbarians won't contribute to the Great General pool in any way if it's disabled. At least, that's how I've understood it.

You understood correct!

Also a unit can reach at most 40 xp when fighting barbarians (meaning that if a unit with XP >= 40 kills a barbarian, it gets no xp from the battle).

This number is modifiable in the xml (global defines I think)

Something I noticed in my game, buildings seem slightly too fast to be built. The game I've been playing on and off for around 7 months, (I had to restart it twice coz I died). Its deity and I am currently year AD 1599. You might want to have a look at it if you want feedback/playtesting kinda thing. It's a pretty tough game.. I was at war with Egypt & Holy Romans for most of the early/renaissance eras and finally conquered the Continent. Mayans are way ahead of me in techs now though and they about to invade.

Anyway, my point was, I have nearly every building in every city as you can see, and I think this is too easy to do. This was probably my biggest pet hate of c2c. You would just shift-queue up ALL the building! It removes the strategy. You should be forced to choose between alternatives. Have to make decisions such as whether to concentrate on science or military buildings or whatever. Not simply be able to build everything everywhere. Obviously I have done this at the expense of my military a little bit. But even still, all buildings at this point only take 2-6 turns.

Attachments

• Richard4 AD-1599.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 123
Sgtslick I have played a few games lately and have thought the same thing.

45* I am of the opinion that tech research and production costs could both be raised for the entire game by 20% or so safely.

That should be related to the early tech problem I've reported lately. Maybe it's a collateral effect of Vokarya's improvements?

I agree about production cost for buildings. I'm not sure I agree for tech cost. Try some game with autoplay, but try it to the last turn. You'll see that AI almost never reach Transhuman era. Starting industrial, tech costs are probably twice of what they should be. That's why I was interested in trying dbkblk's game where he saw matchlock in 250 BC. I've been never able to reproduce that, no matter what options I've tried and I've autoplayed dozens of games. On the contrary, I can provide plenty of saves showing that after renaissance teching pace is way too slow.

I notice that the Ai does not play the "land grab game" any more. This strategy defeats the domination game because there is no competition for vacant land.
I have abandoned my last two games of 1500+ turns because simply occupying vacant lands becomes to boring. I am about to give up my current game at 1200 turns for the same reason.
I like to play war game not political game so I always play domination/ conquest games.
Is there any concern about AI expansion at this time?

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1658.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
I notice that the Ai does not play the "land grab game" any more. This strategy defeats the domination game because there is no competition for vacant land.
I have abandoned my last two games of 1500+ turns because simply occupying vacant lands becomes to boring. I am about to give up my current game at 1200 turns for the same reason.
I like to play war game not political game so I always play domination/ conquest games.
Is there any concern about AI expansion at this time?
Then why don't you use revolution if you like war?

Top Bottom