General queries & discussion thread

got it - thanks! I reinstalled the game tonight and was able to connect normally afterwards.

OK cool :)

In case you have not played seperate turns pitboss before, let me tell you that once you hit enter it is done you cannot change anything. So before you hit enter make sure you have made all your moves switched all the city tiles like you wanted to, slaved, changed tech etc....

Arg! I can't connect anymore, connection is timing out... and only 27 min to play... anyone able to log in for me? We need to retreat both SKs near Babylon where IS put a sign, move the SK west of iron city on the "x" sign, and move the eastern SK near the cap on the pig...

If someone can log in, please do... would be a drama if the SK near Timbuktu stay where they are. :)

hmm...my game plan is to get a Dog/Guerilla II archer combo on that hill west of Rome's Archer. Then make the cottage farm city (only needs minimal defense). City #4 will need some units inside when I settle (am thinking 2 dogs, 1 archer, 1 spear). Fortunately I Rome is still weak small and preats are expensive, so I should be OK for now. Am #6 in soldiers and Egpyt, Mali, Aztec and Persia are above for sure, and maybe Babs with all those Bowman.

I just paused the game; the civstats turn notification email was timestamped about an hour ago, but the turn timer was under five minutes already.

I just paused the game; the civstats turn notification email was timestamped about an hour ago, but the turn timer was under five minutes already.

That's strange. I see you logged in a few minutes before the other teams turn "ended." Do you remember what the timer was on during your first login?

We've had issues with the timer before, but I'm sure Indiansmoke will take care of it.

civstats isn't coming up for me right now, but I remember logging on around 9:30pm tonight (EST) and seeing that they had a few minutes left in their turn, and then checking again around 11pm and seeing it was our turn, but with the clock running low already. I think it was around 4:xx left on the clock?

I couldn't logged in time last turn because of RL issues (damn railroad:mad:)

Game has been taken down and will be back up on the 6th.

Happy holidays all :)

Tx Indian... happy holidays eveyone indeed...

Happy new year everyone :)

The game has resumed....news is that Icefire will be subbing Munro permanently it seems so welcome to the team Icefire.

Ras that turn you missed was costly (you lost a worker and that jag is causing problems)...nevermind...

@Indian: yeah I know :( I was desesperated you can trust me... but now I have another problem, see here.

Would be great if someone could sub for me in the meantime.
As I didn't logged since, does the situation is really compremised in Timbuktu? Can we kill the jag? Sorry again for this bummer... :(

Ras

edit: welcome icefire though :) @IS: Munro told why he can't continue?

No problem Ras don't sweat about it, it is a setback but we will deal with the jag.

Regarding someone subbing you I will PM some people, lets see, I will play in the meantime.

Munro send me a message, he has some personal obligations and does not have the time, that is all.

Hi guys,

Yes, thanks icefire for staying on as a permanent replacement. I'm sure you will have fun with it. :) All's well with me but I'm moving from Washington DC to San Francisco in a few weeks and there is a lot going on. I won't have much time in the coming weeks and may have trouble connecting after we move (temporary accommodation to start with) so it's better for icefire just to take over permanently at this point.

I'll still be following the game and may be able to help out with subbing etc. a few months from now once we get settled on the West Coast. Good luck team!

Cheers
Munro

I need someone to play my turn..stuck at work and won't be able to get back in time. Thanks.

Top Bottom